INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Going away.(update 9-13-2013  (Read 2831 times)

Offline stringstretcher

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Going away.(update 9-13-2013
« on: June 11, 2013, 02:30:00 PM »
I want to post this here so that every one will have a better chance of seeing it.  There comes a time is everyone life, that they struggle, have issues, as well as medical problems.  For some of us (me) it seems to be all of these things taking a huge toll on my life.  I have a lot of decisions to make in the very near future that could either help me or at least try to get some quality back in my life.

You all know of most of the things that I have been through in the last two years especially.  It appears that all the drama, the loss of muscle tone, the loss of a desire to be around people, and to do things has caught up with me in a way that I can not conquer it on my own, so I am seeking some help.  With that said, I have sought some professional help to guide me and set me in the right direction to gain control of my life and life style back.

I had another round of the medicine this morning, the one that is not doing anything, and the doctors and I had yet another long talk, along with a new doctor that was thrown into the mix.  From all that has taken place in my life, for the last several years, it has caught up with me, and putting me flat on my ass.  I have no life as of right now, and they know that.  On their suggestions and my asking, I am going to be gone for a while starting next week as an in/out patient for some things that need to change for me.  The biggest one, is getting off of all perscribed medicines, and going on an all natural supplement regiment.  I have tried it on my own, but now have huge chemical imbalance in my body that is not good.  I will be attending an all natural supplement therapy group as well as some counseling to get my body and mind in sink again.

I have to learn to cope with the aggressiveness of this now active sarcoidosis, as well as get the full healing that I never got from the operation on my inner ear.  This will all take time and study.  I know that I will be on a very very strict monitored regiment, and have to have evaluations daily for a while.  The only good thing is I will be home at nights, as of right now.

I will be signing off of all the sites I visit, and will not return until I and the doctors feel it is right to do so.  And that could be a long time as we see it now.

If there is anyone that I have made promisses to and have not done, I am truly sorry, but they will get done and handled when I can.  I will be on here through Sunday, and then my time has to become something different to get back to being who I was.  Most of you have know me for a while, and trust me when I say that I am just a shell of the man I used to be.  I have to find Charlie and put him back in his shell, if at all possible.

Please keep me in your prayers and I am sure I will think of you all daily, but I will have to leave it at that for now.

Thanks and God Bless
Charlie
Genesis 27:3 Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me [some] venison

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline BenBow

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Going away.(update 9-13-2013
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2013, 05:34:00 PM »
Charlie I'm putting prayer for you in my calendar with a reminder every day. Praying for God's best for you.
But his bow will remain steady, and his hands will be skillful; because of the hands of the Mighty One of Jacob, because of the Shepherd, the Rock of Israel,  (Genesis 49:24 [NETfree])

Offline wscruggs

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2013, 05:34:00 PM »
All things are possible through Christ. You will get back to where you want to be. It only takes time.

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2013, 06:14:00 AM »
Been a long time coming, Charlie, but I know some of your struggles and think this is the only smart alternative for you, under the circumstances.

While contact will be slim, you will remain in my prayers and prayers of many!  Good luck! Godspeed!

Keep the Son in your eyes!
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline Green

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2013, 06:21:00 AM »
Prayers up that the changes provide you with only positive effects long term.  Hopefully one day soon you'll be able to accomplish those things you desire to do.
ASL's, Selfbows, and Wood Arra's
Just because you are passionate about something, doesn't mean you don't suck at it.

Offline Ric O'Shay

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2013, 09:01:00 AM »
Our hope and prayer is that you will find what you are seeking and that the Lord will take control over your life and there will be peace and contentment. God Bless you Charlie.
I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just.   - Thomas Jefferson

Offline petalumapete

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2013, 10:39:00 AM »
I'm not a religious man. But I am a firm believer in the power of the human spirit.
It sounds like you have reached the crossroads where it's time to take the steps needed to heal and become one again.
Good luck in your quest. None of us can walk in your shoes but we can be a sounding block for reality checks when needed.
Don't be afraid to reach out when needed.
Big Foot Sasquatch Recurve
64" 57#@ 27.5
Big Foot Flat Liner Long Bow
64" 49#@

Offline Cyclic-Rivers

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2013, 10:19:00 PM »
Charlie, Best of luck in your healing.  I will have continued prayers for you and loved ones.
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Online shick

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2013, 01:10:00 PM »
Charlie, you are in our prayers.
Shick
TGMM Family of the Bow
DAV

Offline VictoryHunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2013, 11:08:00 AM »
My prayers go out to you.
There is a place for all God's creatures....right next to the potatoes and gravy.
>>>----------------->

Offline stringstretcher

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2013, 11:29:00 AM »
Thanks everyone

Going to spend some time this evening with my daughter, son-in-law and grandsons, and then start a journey towards a new life in the morning.  I thank all of you for your comments and prayers.  Hopefully with a little time, and lots of hard work, things will get back to normal, or as close as they can be for me.  I will pop on every now and then, and let you know how things are.  Until then,  I will say fare well for a while.

Thanks and God Bless
Charlie
Genesis 27:3 Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me [some] venison

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline BenBow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2013, 12:10:00 PM »
Till we hear form you again may God richly bless you
But his bow will remain steady, and his hands will be skillful; because of the hands of the Mighty One of Jacob, because of the Shepherd, the Rock of Israel,  (Genesis 49:24 [NETfree])

Offline DennyK

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2013, 07:02:00 PM »
Charlie, I pray God's supernatural Healing and Wisdom for you. I pray God bless your caretakers. Looking foreward to a good next report.  Denny
Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope.

Offline Killdeer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2013, 09:15:00 AM »
Waiting and hopeful to see you renewed, Charlie.
Killdeer   :campfire:
Long, long afterward, in an oak I found the arrow, still unbroke;
And the song, from beginning to end, I found again in the heart of a friend.

~Longfellow

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline BenBow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2013, 09:37:00 AM »
Amen

Offline stringstretcher

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2013, 03:12:00 PM »
Hello everyone.  Yes I am still kicking, just not high at all.  I came here first to pass on what I can tell you about what is going on in my life as of right now.

Through the last several weeks, I have been seeing several doctors, in just about every field there is and finally got some results from I don't know how many test that has been run.  But, I was sat down with my now new primary care doctor this morning to tell me the news and what is going to take place from here on out, at least for a while.

Years ago, back in the 80's if believe it was, I was that I had manic-depression.  I was put on some serious beta blocker medicine and at that time it worked and did me good.  I felt great, and became mostly human again after that.  Fast forward to 3 years ago.

When I started having all this balance issue and testing and this and that, and no idea what all medications I have tried or taken all these times, some have helped and some no so much.  Any way, after the operation on my ear last year, things got really bad in the depression department for me.  No knowing what was going on, we all though depressed because of what I was going through.  Loosing my job, going on disability, having cars repoed, and on an on.  Well now, that was not actually all that was happening.

I was told this morning that I in fact have manic-depression.  That is what it was called years ago before all this new and scientific studies were and have been done.  Do you know what it really is??    It is BI-POLAR.  Yes,,,,,BI-POLAR.  Or that is what I am being told.

If it is, it would explain a lot of things over the last few years.  Loss of concentration in things that I love to do??? Yeap gone.  Making hasty decisions on purchasing things to do something new....OH YEAH....DEFINATELY.  Wanting to help everyone any way I can and getting excited,,,MANY MANY MANY TIMES, only to loose interest and not do it?Huh?  Sound familiar?  yeah a lot of things that I promised that never got done.  And so many other feelings that I just will not go into.

So in the next two weeks, I start a new medication today that has more side effects that can be put in Websters Dictionary.  I have to monitor every thing I do and eat for those two weeks, how long I sleep, how I feel and on and on, and go back to see my new doctor August 16Th.

If this is so, I have a new lease on life, although a challenging one, but one that can be controlled so I am told.   I just need, with their help to find the old me and give him back to me.

For anyone that over the last 3 years that I have made promises to, made deals with and not completed, I am truly sorry.  But I can honestly say, It was not Charlie Jefferson making those promises and deals at that time, it was some one I never want to know or meet again.  An I will try over time to remember them and make good on them if at all possible.

So for me now, it is a hurry up and wait deal to see what happens, a lot of trial and error I am sure, but with God's grace, I will come through this and enjoy a better life.

I hope you all understand..

Thanks and God Bless
Charlie Jefferson.

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline BenBow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2013, 05:36:00 PM »
Great to hear from you Charlie. Still praying every day for you to be free of this crap. By the way I'll pray that real Charlie J come out of this as the b-p probably never let the real you out.
2 Samuel 7:28 gwt
"Almighty Lord, you are God and your words are trustworthy. You promised me this good thing."

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2013, 07:17:00 AM »
Sounds like you have insights to many, many things from the past, there Charlie.

Not an easy diagnosis to cope with...nor a condition to take lightly.

Prayers for the best and His will to be done in the restoration with others of which you spoke.

Keep the Son in your eyes!
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline Bill Turner

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2013, 12:19:00 PM »
Prayers for you and yours Charlie. Hope all goes well and you return to your old self. Good luck and God Bless.   :pray:

Offline Alvey

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2013, 10:38:00 PM »
:pray:
Hard work spotlights the character of people:some turn up their sleeves,some turn up their noses,and some don’t turn up at all.(Sam Ewing)

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©