INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Update on Lucca (11/13/13 new)  (Read 1966 times)

Offline BenBow

• Trad Bowhunter
Update on Lucca (11/13/13 new)
« on: November 08, 2013, 09:34:00 AM »
It's almost a year since Lucca was diagnosed with cancer. She had a rough week but is doing well. One more immunotherapy treatment next week then they scan to see if there is any cancer left.
Look at all the hair.

But his bow will remain steady, and his hands will be skillful; because of the hands of the Mighty One of Jacob, because of the Shepherd, the Rock of Israel,  (Genesis 49:24 [NETfree])

Offline BenBow

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Update on Lucca (11/13/13 new)
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2013, 09:39:00 AM »
Still smiling

But his bow will remain steady, and his hands will be skillful; because of the hands of the Mighty One of Jacob, because of the Shepherd, the Rock of Israel,  (Genesis 49:24 [NETfree])

Offline MR BILL SHORTY

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2013, 02:41:00 PM »
:bigsmyl:    :pray:    :pray:

Online 4dogs

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2013, 06:13:00 PM »
:pray:  AMEN!
>>>---TGMM, Family of the Bow--->

Online ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2013, 08:01:00 PM »
:pray:    :pray:    :pray:    :pray:    :pray:
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Online Keefer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2013, 08:14:00 PM »
WOW Lucca what a big smile an a good testimony on how prayers are answered...God is Good All the time...So good to see how much you've grown and you have become a Big part of TradGang and we are all still praying for a Full recovery ...
God Bless You babygirl!   :pray:

Offline Stone Knife

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2013, 06:27:00 AM »
Praise God for every day and good news.
Proverbs 12:27
The lazy do not roast any game,
but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.

John 14:6

Offline GRAYBEARD

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2013, 09:13:00 AM »
WOW!! What a joy! Praying for the best possible news.
TGMM Family of the Bow; Make every heartbeat a party, the next one is not guaranteed!

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2013, 11:06:00 AM »
Been away, but that warms my heart and soul to see.

Prayers continue for a clean bill of health after all this...according to His will!

Lord in your mercy, hear our prayers...
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Online Al Dente

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2013, 08:15:00 PM »
Awesome!!!! What a cutie.  Continued prayers for continued success and recovery.
BOD Member
Past President
Life Member
New York Bowhunters, Inc.
>>>>------------------------>

Offline DennyK

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2013, 07:46:00 PM »
That's Great! Thank You for the update BenBow. What a Sweetheart! Prayers will keep coming.
Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope.

Offline BenBow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2013, 02:36:00 PM »
Got this today
"Well little Lucca is having a tough time. Verlin said she spiked a fever last night which is to be expected. But then she started having blood in her stool. Each diaper became worse and by the third she was passing blood clots. Similar to what had happened when she had her transplant. Dr. Cunningham, her transplant doctor was on service today so when they rounded he came in to speak with us. He said this is not something that happens with the antibody therapy she is receiving. They are concerned her gut maybe bleeding. If she needs a transfusion they will have to stop her therapy. And it will not resume. She would be done completely. Her gut would eventually heal on its own over time so no permanent damage would be done but it would not be safe for her to continue the antibody therapy. Part of me would really like to not have to continue this but at the same time I know the benefit of this therapy can be huge in saving your child's life. He told me that not enough children have had this therapy yet to know if stopping early effects the outcome.  :(  So we have to wait and they are going to monitor her blood counts closely. If they feel she needs the transfusion then that is what they will do, until then they feel it is most important to push forward and I agree.

I am just holding her while she tries to rest. I know she is hurting. I will leave this afternoon to return home to be with the other kids. I had planned to come tomorrow but Sophia was really upset this morning when I left her at our sister in laws so I feel like I need to stay with her tomorrow. But if Lucca needs me I may just have to bring Sophia along. I guess at least with this therapy Sophia is allowed in her room so that is nice. Lucca is so cute though she has a pedialyte bottle that she will not let go of even while sleeping. If you try to take it she knows and fusses till you give it back. Poor baby, it must make her feel better. I hope she is ok. I will be sure to give an update if something changes."

Offline Stone Knife

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2013, 05:11:00 PM »
Still praying Brother.
Proverbs 12:27
The lazy do not roast any game,
but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.

John 14:6

Offline GRAYBEARD

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2013, 07:22:00 PM »
Prayers continue for strength for you all. You have been through so much.
TGMM Family of the Bow; Make every heartbeat a party, the next one is not guaranteed!

Online Al Dente

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2013, 08:42:00 PM »
Prayers for her.  May God work though the doctors' hands and heal little Lucca.
BOD Member
Past President
Life Member
New York Bowhunters, Inc.
>>>>------------------------>

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2013, 09:09:00 PM »
The trials seem to never stop.

Or is it just another test of faith?
Only God knows for sure.

Prayers continue for Lucca's healing and her parents continued strength in faith.

Lord in your Mercy...
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline BenBow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2013, 09:11:00 PM »
Another update
"It turns out Lucca had C Diff.  :(  It's a virus that you can catch at the hospital. I'm not sure why but a lot of patients get it. This is most likely what was causing her to pass clots, have a lot of dirty diapers, and a painful belly. They did an x ray and an ultrasound and did not see any signs of what they thought was happening in her belly. So that is good news. And although I wouldlove not to have to come back for treatment any more I am glad we do not have to stop. I was worried what it might mean for Lucca and her chances so being able to finish everything makes me feel a lot better. I wouldn't be able to watch my baby suffer on a regular basis if I didn't know its helping her. So we have two days to go three weeks off and one more week hopefully forever! "

Offline BenBow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2013, 09:08:00 PM »
Another note from Lucca's mom
"Today marks 1 year since we discovered Lucca has cancer. I remember that day as if it were yesterday. It was unseasonably warm for November and our back yard was full of leaves. As usual Verlin was trying to find time to get everything done. I was desperately trying to get the house clean before I had to pick Ben up from school but Lucca just wasn't letting it happen. I knew something was wrong with her belly but thought it was just really bad gas or digestive issues, she was only 12 weeks. I never would have guessed when I brought her to the pediatricians office that afternoon while in my sweaty work out clothes that we wouldn't be home for over two weeks and my sweet baby would have surgery, chemo, and almost die.

Our pediatrician wasn't there that day so his wife actual took care of us. I never  forget how good she was to us that day. She came back to the hospital to give us the news. She explained it to my mom so she could understand because I just couldn't. I finally got to see her yesterday for the first time since that day. I told her how thankful I was for her that day and gave her a hug, I felt like I have been waiting forever to do that. It really meant a lot to me that she was there and so good to us.

This year by far has been the worst year of my life. I went back and read some of my early journals and I hadn't forgotten what we have been through but it was crazy to re read it all. Many of you ask me how I do it and honestly I have no idea. One day at time and all of you is all I can figure. I seriously could not have done this without all of you. You have given us emotional, financial, and physical support. You have sent cards, money, meals, messages, love, hugs, gifts, and prayers. You have mowed lawns, cleaned my house, and done my laundry. You have watched my children and taken my husband out for a beer. And not one gesture has gone unnoticed or appreciated.

Today Lucca is still alive, her mom and dad have not had nervous break downs and her brother and sister are doing pretty good. This Thanksgiving we have a lot to be thankful for and that includes each and every one of you. I mean that with my whole heart. I am also thankful for all of you who we have met along the way through this journey. The nurses ( Lucca loves her nurses) and doctors, other cancer parents, and new friends. You have made a huge difference as well.

Im not sure what the future holds for our family but we are lucky to have friends and family that care so much about us and our sweet baby girl. Thank you!

I hope this second year of Lucca's life is much more uneventful. Lucca's journey is not over yet but she has come a long way!! "

Offline DennyK

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2013, 10:19:00 PM »
I've been praying for continued strength for you and your whole family. I'm believing for 100 birthdays for Lucca! God Bless You All, and thank you for the kind note.  Denny
Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope.

Offline MR BILL SHORTY

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2013, 10:05:00 AM »
:pray:    :pray:    :pray:

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©