INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: prayers for my Dad ( Dad has Passed)  (Read 2293 times)

Offline Lowrider

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
prayers for my Dad ( Dad has Passed)
« on: November 26, 2013, 03:42:00 PM »
My Dad has been in horrible pain for the last week up in his chest and back. Did a CT scan today and found a mass in his lung. Going to do a biopsy. We are praying it is not cancerous. All prayers would be appreciated. Thanks Philip

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: prayers for my Dad ( Dad has Passed)
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2013, 09:14:00 PM »
Philip,

I'm honored to carry your father in prayer to OUR FATHER.  

His Will is sovereign, but prayers for a positive outcome and negative test results for cancer.

Much is done even with the big C as you read here daily... don't loose hope or let your Dad loose hope.

Keep the Son in your eyes!
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline GRAYBEARD

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2013, 06:10:00 AM »
Prayers for strength and Peace.
TGMM Family of the Bow; Make every heartbeat a party, the next one is not guaranteed!

Online lunatic11

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2013, 08:44:00 AM »
Prayers sent for you and your dad.

Offline BenBow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2013, 09:29:00 AM »
Prayers for God's best
But his bow will remain steady, and his hands will be skillful; because of the hands of the Mighty One of Jacob, because of the Shepherd, the Rock of Israel,  (Genesis 49:24 [NETfree])

Offline bear1336

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2013, 07:57:00 AM »
Prayers from Georgia sent.
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside thoroughly used up, totally worn out, with bible in hand and loudly proclaim...WOW...What a Ride!!!

Offline MR BILL SHORTY

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2013, 03:33:00 PM »
:pray:    :pray:    :pray:

Offline Lowrider

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2013, 04:06:00 PM »
It is very hard to hold back the tears as I write this. He does have lung cancer and it has mastisized to the bones. The right shoulder, spine and hip are all affected. He is in excruciating pain at this time. They are giveing him morphine injections and oxycotten by mouth. At this point we are praying for as much comfort as possible and as horrible as it sounds that he will be able to pass from this life as soon as possible so he will not suffer any longer. He, my brother and I have had a lot of fun times together doing what he loved most to do which was crappie fishing and duck hunting. He made sure we had plenty of land to hunt. He bought 500 acres off of the Red River that has a large oxbow lake full of bass and crappie. Last Saturday my brother, nephew, and I hunted this land and he was all excited because we counted 37 deer on it. 10 miles up the road from this place he bought 160 acres and built levees with his dozier. He was also happy that we limited out on ducks there that morning before seeing the deer back at what we call the farm. We saw him and mom every Saturday at the farm where he would always cook fish for us. Said he had to get out of the hospital to cook us fish this Saturday. Just going to be a total loss without him being there. I don't know if I will be able to go back for a while. Anyway continued prayers for his comfort and strength to face this would be appreciated. The good thing to know is his Pastor and best friend that died a few years ago told him he would meet him at the gates and I know that he will be there to greet him.

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2013, 09:07:00 PM »
Philip,

I'm sad to read your post of your Dad's condition.

I remember well how hard it is when a parent goes thru these things.  Cancer is the ugly beast of our world.  

You had many good times and a host of memories to carry you forward.  My Mom had metastasized cancer of the base of her spine. I know it is painful.  She didn't know what it was and lingered for MONTHS at home, whimpering thru the day till I insisted she call the ambulance to go to the hospital. After she found out, she couldn't wait to go "home to Jesus" and did so in 15 days of diagnosis.  

some radiation lessened the pain allowing her to go to a nursing home attached to where she and Dad lived for "palliative care".  

I applaud and admire your wishes for your beloved father to be pain free.  My Dad's brother passed from outright bone cancer, and told me once quietly, that "even death is God's perfect healing".  

Wisdom that still brings tears to my eyes to type and remember...

Prayers for peace for you all and strength to be there and share your utmost feelings with your father and family.  May this bring you closer.

Keep the Son in your eyes!
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Online shick

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2013, 09:29:00 AM »
Philip, so sorry to hear about your father.  Prayers being offered for you and your family.
Shick
TGMM Family of the Bow
DAV

Offline Cyclic-Rivers

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2013, 10:27:00 AM »
Phillip,

Prayers for your father and your family.
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Offline GRAYBEARD

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2013, 11:47:00 AM »
Praying for strength and Peace. I had to walk the same basic path with my father; there was not an easy step on it.
TGMM Family of the Bow; Make every heartbeat a party, the next one is not guaranteed!

Online Al Dente

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2013, 04:38:00 PM »
So sorry to hear the news no one ever wants to hear.  Prayers for your Dad, for you, and your family during this time.
BOD Member
Past President
Life Member
New York Bowhunters, Inc.
>>>>------------------------>

Offline maddingo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2013, 11:06:00 PM »
In prayer for your Dad, you, and family that God has His hands about you.
It's a DRY HEAT

Offline Lowrider

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2013, 05:43:00 PM »
Dad as you know went in the hospital the Tuesday befor Thanksgiving. It was lung and bone cancer. It has moved very fast and we moved him yesterday to Grace Home. This is a place that has only 16 beds and has Hospice. It is a place where the family and patient can have comfort for them to pass away with no effort to sustain life. We have had a little time to laugh and cry together. He was aware of his conditon but refused any type of treatment as he wanted to spare us the ordeal of going thru this. It really would not have done any good anyway. The doctor told us before we moved him that chemo would kill him. He had a large mass in the left lung with cancer in the right hip, right shoulder, and spine. Today he did not even recognize me,my mother, or brother. I guess it is selfish on our part but in one sense we want him as long as we can have him but on the other hand we are praying for him to have a quick and painless departure. He has had prayer with all of his pastor friends and told them he was ready. Please pray for his comfort during this struggle and for strength for our family to accept what is to come. Thanks

Offline oldbohntr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2013, 08:26:00 PM »
Went through similar pain with my Dad. I expect and hope your father's beyond it now.  Prayers for your family in this time of need.
Tom

Offline BenBow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2013, 08:45:00 PM »
Prayers sent
But his bow will remain steady, and his hands will be skillful; because of the hands of the Mighty One of Jacob, because of the Shepherd, the Rock of Israel,  (Genesis 49:24 [NETfree])

Offline Sam McMichael

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2013, 09:43:00 PM »
He is in our prayers.
Sam

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2013, 06:39:00 PM »
Prayers continue, Lowrider.  If we have parents, there will come a time when we all must say goodbye.

Mine are both gone now.  Without family of your own, it can feel weird! But God never abandons us if we but lean on Him.

Prayers that whatever has transpired, you and your family feel the Peace the Passes all Understanding.

Lord in your Mercy...

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline Lowrider

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2013, 08:35:00 AM »
My Dad passed away on Dec. 12th at 6:00 AM. He started out with lots of pain and suffering but thru pain medicine was able at the last to get a little comfort. Thanks to all that sent their prayers. The future is going to be really hard as Mom is not physically able to be by herself and will not leave the family home. My brother and I both live 30 miles from her. I made 3 trips back and forth over there yesterday and ended up spending the night with her. Just got home and will probably be back tonight. If anyone cares to read the Obituary they can go to The Shreveport Times. It is Orville Cox. Thanks again for the prayers. Philip

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©