INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Prayers for Lucca's hearing please (Update 5-1)  (Read 2505 times)

Offline BenBow

• Trad Bowhunter
Prayers for Lucca's hearing please (Update 5-1)
« on: February 02, 2014, 07:37:00 AM »
Got this from Lucca's mom. Looks like Lucca has hearing damage & also is still having stomach/intestinal issues.
Thanks prayer warriors!
" Wow! It has been awhile since I last updated. Lucca has continued to do well over the last month. Her walking is improving and she is talking a lot more. She will repeat words and even follows some commands. We recently went to the audiologist and it seems her left ear has gone from a mild to moderate loss up to severe. I do not seem to notice. Now that I am aware I pay attention to it but it is not like she is obviously different from another baby her age. We have started the process for hearing aids. We met with a local audiologist Friday and took molds of her ears. The hearing aids are small and will be pink and white.

She has had some belly issues. It's unclear what the problem is completely at this point but they have decided to have her be lactose free. So far it has helped a bit but she still has trouble and her bottom is on fire    :(    . I have lathered and lathered for a week and no improvement. I know it hurts.

She is doing some weird stuff, at least I think it is weird. She eats like a football player. Seriously. We wake up and she eats, she eats breakfast with everyone, a snack, lunch, she naps, eats again, has a snack, eats dinner, and has 5 bottles of almond milk a day!! They weighed her and she is still 21 lbs. I don't know where she puts all the food but seriously she eats a lot!!

She also has bad balance. I compare her to a drunk. I call her drunk baby.    :)    She will be walking along and all of the sudden tips over. Or runs into a wall. Then sometimes she just lays on the floor and puts her head down. I have told all the doctors. They said maybe the ENT can check the fluid in her ears and give us more info. I hope so.

We started First Steps( a government funded program for preschoolers with delays). They will come see her 2x a month. We are teaching her a few signs and trying to get her to respond with words rather than grunts and cries. She is doing pretty good. She tells me to come everywhere and for everything.

We will go for post therapy scans on Wednesday. It is a bit scary. Yet I know most likely things will come back clear. But there is anxiety. And for me I know what happens in the cancer world. Maybe your clear today but that doesn't mean your clear tomorrow or ten years down the road. So that's what is scary.

I really hate cancer! It's such a silent deadly killer. I feel like we are all dead men walking. It's a horrible thing to think but it seems to surround me lately.

I am happy to have my baby girl though. And she seems to be thriving. She loves her family. She gets so excited when Ben or Daddy come home. She loves her sister. She has started singing too. It's hilarious. Sophia gets obsessed with princesses. So for awhile we watched rapunzel (Tangled) everyday for like months. Then it was Ariel and now Frozen. We have the Frozen soundtrack and Sophia will have me play it over and over while she dances and sings. She makes me put Lucca in a princess dress and she is in one. Lucca has started to sing along. I hear her do Ariel's ahhh a ahhh ahh ahh. And she will get super excited for the Frozen songs. It's so cute! And Sophia is getting so big and becoming so sweet. She no longer holds the crazy baby trophy Lucca has taken over. I can't take her anywhere. She is everywhere. And she gets so mad when I say no. She arches her back and screams. And she never slows down. And She climbs on everything. And with bad balance, well it doesn't always work out. Poor baby!

So far 2014 seems to be going well for us. I hope it is for all of you too. I will be sure to post on scan results when we have them. Thank you for all of you who still hold Lucca close to your heart. Hopefully her journey is over but just in case keep her in your prayers if you can."
But his bow will remain steady, and his hands will be skillful; because of the hands of the Mighty One of Jacob, because of the Shepherd, the Rock of Israel,  (Genesis 49:24 [NETfree])

Online 4dogs

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Prayers for Lucca's hearing please (Update 5-1)
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2014, 01:19:00 PM »
:pray:
>>>---TGMM, Family of the Bow--->

Online Keefer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2014, 02:37:00 PM »
Thanks for the upates on Lucca and I literally just got finished watching "Tangled" for about the 100th time with my oldest two daughters and the 2 year old laying on a mat under my arm as I lay beside her...As the movie ended  I came on Tradgang and read this and how ironic little Lucca loves that movie as well..I do believe that this was a "God Wink" where He wanted me to come and see how Lucca was doing...
 She will be in my prayers...God Bless Ya Lucca!
    Keefers, <")))><<")))><  <">< <">< ....<"><

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2014, 09:26:00 PM »
I can feel for Lucca's Mom.  Always something it seems and you wonder if the light at the end of the tunnel is a train pommeling down on you...

I've admired their Faith and strength through out this process with their baby... and now this.

After what Lucca has been thru, hearing loss and stomach issues seem almost reasonable...yet for that dear child, she's known little BUT suffering.

I will continue to pray for her and the family. I shame faced admit I slacked off there... thinking the worst was over.   :(

Prayers will continue. Keep us apprised Galen.

Lord, in your Mercy, hear our prayers...
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Online shick

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2014, 08:32:00 AM »
BenBow, we can't offer enough prayers for you and your family, but we're trying awfully hard.
Shick
TGMM Family of the Bow
DAV

Offline katie

• Trad Bowhunter
  • “Lady Hawk”
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2014, 09:48:00 AM »
Prayers
"Thousands of tired, nerve-shaken, over-civilized people are beginning to find out that going to the mountains is going home; that wildness is a necessity"  John Muir

Offline zarch

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2014, 09:05:00 AM »
:pray:    :pray:    :pray:  prayers sent

Offline zarch

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2014, 02:51:00 AM »
prayers sent for lucca and family  :pray:    :pray:    :pray:

Offline BenBow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2014, 08:29:00 AM »
Just saw a picture the other day of her climbing up a chair to get to the cookies on the kitchen counter. She's doing well. Thanks again prayer warriors!!!
But his bow will remain steady, and his hands will be skillful; because of the hands of the Mighty One of Jacob, because of the Shepherd, the Rock of Israel,  (Genesis 49:24 [NETfree])

Offline maddingo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2014, 09:28:00 AM »
All things are possible with God. Prayers for the family and yours with issues of life.
It's a DRY HEAT

Offline zarch

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2014, 09:19:00 PM »
:pray:    :pray:    :pray:    :pray:    :pray:  Prayers for Lucca and your family

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2014, 09:32:00 AM »
Indeed, prayers continue...

Lord, In your awesome Mercy, hear our prayers...
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline DennyK

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2014, 01:49:00 PM »
Prayers for Lucca and Family Daily.  God Bless!
Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope.

Offline BenBow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2014, 03:43:00 PM »
Lucca and her sister Sophie best friends

Offline DennyK

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2014, 06:49:00 PM »
God Bless Those 2 Beautiful Babies!!
Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope.

Offline nleroux2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2014, 09:46:00 PM »
I try to stay up on the needs posted on this forum, and pray for all. But, for some reason this little one has just grabbed my heart. Thanks for the updates and especially the pictures. It's good to have a face you can visualize in your prayers. Praying without ceasing for little Lucca
I hunt; Therefore I eat well.
Currently in the freezer: Venison, Hog.

Offline DennyK

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2014, 11:54:00 AM »
X2 Steve! Thank You Lord and Amen!

Offline halfseminole

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2014, 09:50:00 PM »
Her stomach/intestines may not work right after all the medications-sometimes it evens out, and sometimes it can be controlled by diet.  My little boy and I have (had) a missing section of bowel (I was born that way, he had a bowel resection) and we couldn't eat like other people.  Diet controlled both of ours.  It' something to talk about with the doctors, I do remember what it was like when my boy was that way.  Prayers for you and yours continue.

Offline zarch

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2014, 11:22:00 PM »
still praying  :pray:    :pray:    :pray:

Offline zarch

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2014, 08:50:00 PM »
still praying  :pray:    :pray:    :pray:

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©