INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Prayers needed for my disability hearing  (Read 1388 times)

Offline halfseminole

• Trad Bowhunter
Prayers needed for my disability hearing
« on: February 08, 2014, 05:39:00 PM »
I have my hearing March 11th.  I have Marfan's syndrome, a genetic autoimmune disorder that destroys the connective tissue.  I have been fighting since 2010 to get my disability, and in the past year I've had a second stroke, ended up in a wheelchair part time and my right eye finally gave out on me.  I'm partly blind, have serious trouble walking and my heart exists constantly on the verge of congestive failure.  I have other issues with my back and shoulder, having one arm shorter than the other, and I have blowouts rather often in my legs, some are starting to look serious.

I don't want sympathy-God sent me this because He and I both know I can endure.  I live so that doctors can learn from me and help other people live better.  More truthfully, I live at my Creator's whim and I choose to make my life count, and when he wills it I'll be gone, and I will not be hanging on very hard to life.  What I need is prayers that God will turn my judge's hard heart and that I will finally get my disability so I can take the burden off my wife of having no money (we live on her disability alone) and for simple justice.  I live with very little medical care because I've been waiting so long to get my disability, and that's my main concern personally.  Helping my wife is just one of those things that has to happen, but I want a doctor to look at all these other problems.

I've always been sick-I don't know what it means to be well, as you're born with this.  But now it's in charge, not me, and I do what it lets me do.  It's honestly miserable, and I really want to be able to go to a doctor for relief.  So pray that God leads him to approve me so I can provide for my wife and seek the pain relief I so badly need.

Offline Scott E. Thomas

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Prayers needed for my disability hearing
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2014, 07:34:00 PM »
Prayers sent. God bless, Scott.
Humility is to make a right estimate of one's self. Charles Spurgeon

Offline BenBow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2014, 08:34:00 AM »
Praying for God's grace and justice
But his bow will remain steady, and his hands will be skillful; because of the hands of the Mighty One of Jacob, because of the Shepherd, the Rock of Israel,  (Genesis 49:24 [NETfree])

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2014, 08:17:00 AM »
You've shared snippets before Ed, but nothing this insightful and complete I do not believe.

I'm sorry for your challenges, Ed, but more for our country that would give free medical care to illegals and not to you, so desperately in need.

May God continue to be central in your life and you continue to live by such strong faith and His Will.

PRayers too for a resolution to this nightmare of financial assistance by way of disability.

May you continue to know God's peace...
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline CoilSpring

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2014, 09:15:00 PM »
Father God, you change the hearts of many, so the heart of this judge is in your hands. May your will be done for Ed and his wife to provide for them, to strengthen them and give them rest in your Spirit. Please bring a calm to their home as they trust in you, in Jesus name, amen.
CoilSpring

Offline bear1336

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2014, 07:10:00 AM »
Prayers on the way for GODs will to you..
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside thoroughly used up, totally worn out, with bible in hand and loudly proclaim...WOW...What a Ride!!!

Offline Cyclic-Rivers

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2014, 07:43:00 AM »
Prayers Ed from NY.
I pray for your disability and you get to a doctor.
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Offline maddingo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2014, 10:27:00 AM »
prayers for you and your wife
It's a DRY HEAT

Offline halfseminole

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2014, 05:33:00 PM »
My hearing was moved up to the 10th, but a very awesome thing happened.  I spoke with my geneticist at a fundraiser for Marfan sufferers and he agreed to write a letter stating that I not only had it, it was one of the worst he'd ever seen or heard of and that I could in no way work any more.  We'll see how that helps us Monday.

Offline BenBow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2014, 09:50:00 AM »
Kind of good news bad news. Prayer continues for a positive hearing & God to heal & strengthen you
But his bow will remain steady, and his hands will be skillful; because of the hands of the Mighty One of Jacob, because of the Shepherd, the Rock of Israel,  (Genesis 49:24 [NETfree])

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2014, 09:56:00 AM »
Today is Monday...Prayers with you all day, Ed!

Keep the Son in your eyes!
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline halfseminole

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2014, 03:16:00 PM »
And, I did get granted total and permanent disabled status, finally!  I'm waiting for the paper saying it, but he actually entered a bench decision confirming it.  I also have to wait for the insurance and money to start so I can see the doctors for pressing medical issues, but it's a great start so far!

Offline BenBow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2014, 05:26:00 PM »
Praise God & prayers that everything moves quickly

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2014, 06:22:00 PM »
Congratulations!!  

I echo Galen's prayers for expediency so things can move forward toward something more positive for you!

Thank you, Jesus!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Online goingoldskool

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2014, 07:54:00 PM »
Keep the faith, brother...He will provide!

My prayers to you and yours!

Rodd
"NO GOD, NO PEACE-KNOW GOD, KNOW PEACE" side of a barn along I-70, eastern Kansas
                                             Rodd Boyer
Blk Widow PL-III
53#@28
Blk Widow PSR X
50#@28

Offline DennyK

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2014, 01:49:00 PM »
Ed, God is the worker of the miraculous, that is my prayer for you and your wife.
Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope.

Offline halfseminole

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2014, 10:37:00 PM »
That He is.  I can tell my wife is doing better already, which does me good.  We're hoping to clear most of our major debt (which isn't as much as it sounds at all) and put some up for emergencies.  Now it's just down to a waiting game of when it starts coming in.

Offline BenBow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2014, 08:24:00 AM »
Praise God for taking off your heavy load & may He restore you so the latter days are better than the former. God's best!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©