INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: offer on house and move???  (Read 2616 times)

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
offer on house and move???
« on: August 28, 2014, 07:58:00 AM »
I'm feeling some stress right now, and figure it's probably good to ask all you warriors to throw up a few good thoughts for me.

Folks gone. No family--- so for 2 yrs, I've been toying with the desire to move to another state to get farther away from the congestion of my home area.  Used to be a beautiful area of farms, rolling hills and game a plenty.

Now it grows housing developments, strip malls and industrial parks and the walls are leaning in.

Hunting is tough.  I'm not anywhere near as tough as I was to drive and hump long distances to hunt, so I have explored a few alternate states for residence.

I just returned from TN. Put an offer in on a house in Greenville, TN.  Now to wait. Going to be an insane scramble to get all my drivel organized and get moved if it comes thru...but a worse scramble to remain sane if I stay around here!

Easy to fall into the trap of praying for what one wants, but I want to continue to pray for His Will and to hear his still, small voice, but I could use your help.

Thanks
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline bear1336

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: offer on house and move???
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2014, 08:37:00 AM »
Good Luck Brother put everything in the LORDS hands..
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside thoroughly used up, totally worn out, with bible in hand and loudly proclaim...WOW...What a Ride!!!

Offline BenBow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2014, 09:25:00 AM »
Prayers for God's best brother!!! And His peace that passes all understanding so you can move with assurance.
But his bow will remain steady, and his hands will be skillful; because of the hands of the Mighty One of Jacob, because of the Shepherd, the Rock of Israel,  (Genesis 49:24 [NETfree])

Offline MR BILL SHORTY

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2014, 11:47:00 AM »
:pray:    :pray:    :pray:

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2014, 01:20:00 PM »
amidst the type of concerns aired here, I realize this is chicken feed, comparatively...but to me, its HUGE!!

Forced into retirement, limited resources, pulling stakes at this age by myself... seem monumental.

Owners countered but expanded my property line to my fullest requests, are paying for survey and deeding the additional property, AND they found out the outside heat pump unit was in need of major repairs, so they're replacing it with NEW!

I now await the new agreement via email.  Then sign and go nuts!

Thanks for the prayers and well wishes
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Online Keefer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2014, 04:58:00 PM »
Doc,
 I went to both Tenn. and Kentucky and I fell in love with both states and liked what I saw but no matter where you go or live remember this ain't your forever home just a temporary dwelling till He calls you home...I know that sometimes we all want to see a sign from above but as a good friend once told me three times Where God guides God provides...I think you knew when your Pop was in the hospital you were already searching for a place to retire away from all the congestion and a more peaceful area...Follow your dreams Brother and we all know the pain you have been through in the last few years so I say go and meet new folks,venture out and learn new back roads,rivers,forests and smell the landscape with your window rolled down and just "Breath" ...God made this world for us to venture out and explore and He wants you to see it..He didn't place those mountains ,trees,rivers and meadows just to visit but to give us a little taste of what Heaven is like...He wants us to refresh our spirits when things make us feel like we are idle..So what if the house needs a repair here or there and if you don't know anybody..Yet! You know His only begotten Son and that is what matters the most..He is opening a door for you so you better hurry and slip on through before it's too late...<")))><

Offline Danny Rowan

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2014, 11:15:00 AM »
Dave,

If it is His will, it will happen, no need for worries, He will guide and comfort you. It is just a move, no need to stress. You will be fine.
"When shooting instinctivly,it matters not which eye is dominant"

Jay Kidwell and Glenn St. Charles

TGMM Family Of The Bow
NRA Life/Patron member
NAHC life member
Retired CPO US Navy 1972-1993
Retired USCBP Supervisory Officer 1999-2017

Online Al Dente

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2014, 02:41:00 PM »
Hang in there Doc.  It may seem crazy at times, but HE does have a plan for all of us.  Prayers for you, for your strength, for your spirit, and for your sanity.
BOD Member
Past President
Life Member
New York Bowhunters, Inc.
>>>>------------------------>

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2014, 07:41:00 PM »
Thanks Guys!

I KNOW in my head what you say is true.  But there are other parts of me that get all tangled up over it at times...

This far away, hard to know what to "trust" (realtors and counter-offers) or not...

But, I seek His Peace in all this... I want it to happen enough that it scares me to totally surrender so I ask for those prayers for me to do so willingly and with full confidence

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline GRAYBEARD

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2014, 11:52:00 AM »
Thinking of you, surrender is something I struggle with as well. You are not alone. Stay strong, watch for signs.
TGMM Family of the Bow; Make every heartbeat a party, the next one is not guaranteed!

Offline DennyK

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2014, 07:14:00 PM »
Prayers Sent Doc!
Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope.

Offline Big Ed

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2014, 07:25:00 PM »
Doc let me know if there is anything you may need help with. Prayer sent!!
"Get kids involved in the outdoors"

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2014, 06:53:00 PM »
Thanks, Jed. Sometimes I think I'm the only one left on planet earth with that hang up!  :)

Ed, I could use a few grand to fund the movers coming to load me up and take me... got any spare lying around?  :)

I signed the mortgage papers and overnighted that stuff back with more paperwork than I've ever shared about my financial everything in my life!

Still doing "due diligence" on homeowners insurance long distance...they sent me quotes but no clue what some stuff means...

Was to have one mover come to give me quote tomorrow, but they got pulled to do some truck run so it will be rescheduled.

I just am too danged old to pack and load a truck with all the drivel one accumulates over a lifetime.  

NEWS to you younger chaps: One who dies with the most "toys" does NOT win!    :eek:    :rolleyes:  

Thing is that selling my well-built stuff from days bygone is not an option cause the quality of stuff made today won't be close! And you don't get that much these days on the good ole stuff!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Online Keefer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2014, 07:41:00 AM »
Doc,
 Thinking of you today and whatever you do Don't forget that Little blue Smurf the girls sent ya..Lots of Prayers and "Mojo" is in that little fella..He's kind of like that basket ball that Tom Hanks found when stranded on an island in a movie he was in that he called "Wilson"..Don't idolize him at all he's just along to listen to some of the things running through your mind..He doesn't speak much but listens well and carries a recurve..   :D

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2014, 12:15:00 PM »
Best of luck.....Greenville Tenn. is a nice area.
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline Cyclic-Rivers

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2014, 07:45:00 AM »
Congrats on the new house. I pray your move and resettlement go well.  you have wanted this for years,  enjoy the process, sometimes the way we see stuff is a  choice... it doesn't all have to be bad.  Remember his will, will happen,  May as well make the most of it.
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Offline Frenchymanny

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2014, 12:25:00 PM »
I am happy for you, a new adventure!

Good luck
F-Manny
Coureur des Bois
Big Jim: Buffalo Bows 62" 60@27 & 65@27 ThunderChilds 56" 62@27 & 62@27 Desert BigHorn 59@27
ML, Shrew &TC Knives
With a sturdy bow, a true shaft, and a stout heart, we journey forth in
search of adventure.

Dr. Saxton Pope

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2014, 01:14:00 PM »
Good advice, Charlie.  

That was the point I replied to Jedd's post that I struggle with...had a string of incredibly heart-breaking things go wrong at the last minute since 08' and it left me a bit "quick to jump the string" so to speak!  :)

It IS a choice! Mortgage paperwork is in process...waiting on the appraisal and title search, there.  Insurance has been arranged. Waiting to hear from Realtor on several issues like home inspection set up and such...

Mover is due in an hour to give me estimate and another tomorrow.  

then the real fun begins!

On a scale with some good folks struggles, this is tinker toy time...but it's kinda big to me actually.

Thanks for the prayers, folks!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline JMG

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2014, 03:08:00 PM »
Hey Dave,
 My wife and I are going through the very same process as yours my friend!! I am from northern Delaware but reside here in West Chester, Pennsylvania. My wife on the other hand is from Hancock County Illinois, born and raised on her grandfathers farm about 16-18 miles south of a little town called Dallas City, (pronounced Dowl City by the locals),. She also has family in Clayton County Iowa.
 Both of us has been toying with the idea of moving back to that area. Same as you, both of us are truly sick of all the traffic and population boom in the area. Not to mention the taxes here in Chester County PA.!! And besides she wants to be close to her grandfather due to his age. One thing that has stood in our way was the lack of work for me in that area but as for my wife, she can work from home. But now things have changed because there is now plenty of work for me just across the Mississippi river in Iowa!!! My wife and I both have been frantically looking for homes in the Iowa and Illinois area for the last 2-3 weeks trying to make the move. My wife has been driving her family as well as realtors nuts in looking at homes in the area this past week. LOL. I am welcoming the new move along with the excitement of a new adventure. Home is where the heart is and I can assure you it's not sitting in traffic!! LOL!!
 Best of luck on your new adventure and God Bless Dave, to you and your family!!

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2014, 06:27:00 PM »
John,

Good for you.  No family here to take along or buoy one up.  No work being retired (forced).  

Just got one estimate for moving. OMG! Double what I hoped.  

I got "stuff" sure, but they want ME to pack it all and then all they do is load and haul and unload...for nearly $5K!

I'm thinking maybe not!

We should rent a tractor trailer and find a driver, huh?

Thanks for your well wishes and I pray for you to find "home" for you and the family.

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©