INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Prayer Please For Healing  (Read 1446 times)

Offline DennyK

• Trad Bowhunter
Prayer Please For Healing
« on: December 23, 2014, 01:43:00 PM »
I humbly ask for prayer for healing of an elbow injury that could end my 46 year archery career. With everything else going on in my life right now, I took a fall in the woods and landed on my right elbow, it's been 3 weeks and I've been to the ER and an ortho doc. I cannot even begin to draw a 30 pound bow. In 2003 I took a spill similar to this one. I severed my left tricep and had to switch to left handed. I know God will not give me more then I can handle and am looking foreward to a complete healing by the grace of God. Thank You! & Merry Christmas!  Denny
Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope.

Online 4dogs

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Prayer Please For Healing
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2014, 03:46:00 PM »
:pray:
>>>---TGMM, Family of the Bow--->

Offline Scott E. Thomas

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2014, 04:52:00 PM »
Prayers sent. God bless, Scott.
Humility is to make a right estimate of one's self. Charles Spurgeon

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2014, 05:00:00 PM »
Indeed, keep your heart and mind open and ears tuned to His still quiet voice...no telling what He may have for you thru all this...

Warmest wishes for a full recovery and total healing, but the patience to bide your time while the body heals.
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline BenBow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2014, 09:14:00 AM »
Amen & prayers for God's best
But his bow will remain steady, and his hands will be skillful; because of the hands of the Mighty One of Jacob, because of the Shepherd, the Rock of Israel,  (Genesis 49:24 [NETfree])

Offline monkeyball

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2014, 01:16:00 PM »
You said it all Denny. I will be praying for a quick and total recovery. Merry Christmas to you and your family.

Praying for you in Pa.

Craig

Offline maddingo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2014, 01:45:00 PM »
In prayer and God bless
It's a DRY HEAT

Offline DennyK

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2014, 02:38:00 PM »
To all Thank You, your prayers are appreciated.  Denny
Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope.

Offline Cyclic-Rivers

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2014, 07:45:00 AM »
Denny, Do what the docs say.

Prayers for a complete recovery so you may get back to shooting again.
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Offline DennyK

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2015, 06:44:00 PM »
Just a quick update: Talked to the ortho doc again yesterday. I said it's been 8 weeks and I cannot even draw a 30# bow. He said with an elbow injury such as mine , it won't take weeks, look for drawing a bow to start to return after 3-4 months. I thought I was done but there is hope there.  Thank You All!  Denny

Online GRAYBEARD

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2015, 08:56:00 PM »
Stay Strong, LISTEN to the docs and PT crew.
God's Peace
TGMM Family of the Bow; Make every heartbeat a party, the next one is not guaranteed!

Offline BenBow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2015, 08:39:00 AM »
Prayers continue for healing, wisdom, and grace.
But his bow will remain steady, and his hands will be skillful; because of the hands of the Mighty One of Jacob, because of the Shepherd, the Rock of Israel,  (Genesis 49:24 [NETfree])

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2015, 01:50:00 PM »
As we age, nobody told us it takes longer, and longer, and longer to get back on the horse... but it does!

Praying for you to keep centered, not get a wild hair and do something even ONCE that might set back your healing.  

Right now, I'm havin to lay low and not lift or pull more than 20# (starting today) as the hernia surgeon said so for 5 weeks...last 7 days it was 10# limit...

...I did have t o laugh when he told me pre-op "Nothing more heavy than a fork or quart of milk"...

I had to needle him a bit and commented, "Gee, Doc, I don't know about yoru house, but in mine, my forks weigh a LOT less than a quart of milk!!!"

Keep the Son in your eyes and patience as your banner!
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2015, 03:58:00 PM »
Denny,

Thanks for your note.  No biggie on the hernia.  Worst part is over and now it's living with the lifting/pulling limitation for 5 weeks...

We're in different but similar boats...WAITING!

Not easy at this point in life. I don't buy green bananas at my age, but have to wait 5 more weeks to p ull a bow or lift a barge...   :eek:  

It's hard to be ever mindful of limits when we dont' feel the need, but there is a reason you entrusted your situation to a doctor, so now we both just have to listen and be patient patients!   :rolleyes:    :saywhat:    :knothead:

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©