INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Docs finally said it...  (Read 1335 times)

Offline halfseminole

• Trad Bowhunter
Docs finally said it...
« on: February 23, 2015, 12:57:00 AM »
According to multiple doctors, the only interventions that are possible for me is possibly repairing my aorta if the stitching would hold.  No hip replacements, no knee surgery, no shoulder replacement, not even hernia repairs.  All they can do is pills and therapy.  I did get an excellent end-of-life counselor, since they finally officially are using the t-word.  What's interesting is the knowledge I could go for years like this, or just drop dead where I sit.

I'm not too concerned about it-I made peace with my impending death years ago.  I've lived under this shadow for a good while now.  What I want is my body to hold together long enough to enjoy my time left instead of being stuck in bed, like I have been so much this winter.  A nasty fall and a hip dislocation turned into repeated dislocations and swelling.  I'm getting over that now, and I can walk a little more, but I'll never be very good at that any more after the second stroke.

Pray for my wife as well, she fights with her own health and the knowledge that I can't be cured or really even helped very much.  She's got a positive ANA and every symptom of lupus, and I need my strength to take care of her.  She married me knowing this disease at my severity is a death sentence, and she's not leaving my side for anything, apparently.  

I'm more concerned for my friends and family than I am for me.  I know where I'm headed.  It's who I will leave behind, and quite possibly without warning.  It's a lot to wrap your head around, to be told that there's nothing they can do and you're just thirty-three.  God will get me when He's good and ready.  I just want to be ready too.

Offline BenBow

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Docs finally said it...
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2015, 08:55:00 AM »
Ed prayers continue for God's grace and mercy. May He give you wisdom on how to lead, guide, and bless your family and friends. May His Spirit continue to give you peace and joy for your strength. May God give grace and healing to your wife so that you can rest in the knowledge that she will be well when you go home to your new ALIVE body in the presence of Him who is perfect love.
But his bow will remain steady, and his hands will be skillful; because of the hands of the Mighty One of Jacob, because of the Shepherd, the Rock of Israel,  (Genesis 49:24 [NETfree])

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2015, 02:24:00 PM »
Anyone keeping up with your varied posts would have drawn a similar conclusion on your outcome. The good news is that NONE of us know when, but we're all in the same boat...

You've shared some of your wife's challenges as well and we'll continue to keep her in our prayers as well.  

My uncle, struggling with bone cancer, told me that "Death is God's perfect healing"...

As you say, those left behind have to be infused by your faith and see the trust and peace in your eyes and demeanor...and it will be contagious.

Prayers for you to find peace and enjoy whatever time is yet allowed you.  

Keep the Son in your eyes, Brother!
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline JDow3

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2015, 01:30:00 AM »
Your faith is inspiring. I'm only a couple years older than you and I too have a wife who suffers from lupus. Today, I was reading the book of Isaiah and your post reminded me of 57:1

"The righteous perish, and no one ponders it in his heart; devout men are taken away and no one understands that the righteous are taken away to be spared from evil."

We never know Gods upper story plan for our lower story lives or what fate he's saving us from.

My family and I will add you and your wife to our prayers for healing, mercy and peace.

JD

Offline JDow3

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2015, 01:30:00 AM »
oh and if there is anything specific you would like us to pray for, please let me know. PM or otherwise

Offline Cyclic-Rivers

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2015, 08:31:00 PM »
You have the right attitude to embrace Gods will and to cherish what you have.

Prayers for you and your wife.
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Online lunatic11

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2015, 09:10:00 PM »
More prayers sent for both of you.

Offline White hair

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2015, 10:16:00 PM »
My prayers for you and your wife. It's good to know Jesus is with us. He is our peace.
Daniel   Ecc. 4:12

Offline cmh

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2015, 08:54:00 PM »
We can do all things through Christ Jesus..... My prayers continue for you my friend.......
ISAIH 41:10 ROMANS 10:13
GOD BLESS..........

>>>>--------------->

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©