3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: My wife made me proud today!!!!!  (Read 2397 times)

Offline Elusive One

• Trad Bowhunter
My wife made me proud today!!!!!
« on: January 30, 2007, 07:06:00 PM »
We went to the pawn shop today here in town that we found out had an archery setup in it.  He put feathers on the arrows we picked up yesterday.  We got to talking and I was telling him that Diane (my wife; aka Deelyte) was doing real good.  Well when he got the feathers on 6 of them he wanted to see us shoot.  He had a little 10 yard indoor range set up.  I went first and did my usual around the world style i am devoloping.  Then Diane steps up and sticks 6 arrows in the little 4 inch red dot.  The guy's reaction was beautiful.  Every shot he would look at me and raise his eyebrows and by the 6th arrow both he and I were grinning like idiots. lol  Anyway just wanted to brag on her a little.  

Elu

Offline String Tracker

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: My wife made me proud today!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2007, 07:09:00 PM »
WTG for her.  now see who gets a deer first next season

Offline Killdeer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2007, 07:19:00 PM »
:knothead:  , you lucky guy!
Long, long afterward, in an oak I found the arrow, still unbroke;
And the song, from beginning to end, I found again in the heart of a friend.

~Longfellow

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline mike g

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2007, 08:26:00 PM »
:thumbsup:    :notworthy:
"TGMM Family of the Bow"

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2007, 08:36:00 PM »
Maybe you better be taking notes from the sounds of it! LOL Good on her!
TGMM Family of the Bow
For hunting to have a future, we must invest ourselves in future hunters.

Offline TexMex

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2007, 09:22:00 AM »
:notworthy:    :archer:

Online The Whittler

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2007, 07:23:00 PM »
As my wife would say, leave it to a woman to show a man how to do it right lol. Alan

Offline houseman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2007, 07:40:00 PM »
Sounds to me like one of you had better start shooting a little more!  LOL!!!  You are a lucky man.
Semper Fi

Offline Elusive One

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2007, 08:18:00 PM »
Yes I am a very lucky man.  And I am not just saying that because she is a member on this site. =)

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2007, 08:23:00 PM »
Way to go. I look for both of your posts. Deelyte is doing well. I hope ya get her a bow as well and matched arrows. You guys are on your way to a life long love of archery. shawn
Shawn

Offline deelyte

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2007, 09:05:00 PM »
Thanks for the encouragement everyone. I'm all warm and fuzzy!   :D  

I just can't get over how exciting and fun this is. I have practiced a couple of hours a day since the first time I did it a coupld of weeks ago. I may have missed a day or two, but I don't think I have. I have also spent hours in here reading everything I can find on here about all manner of things. From what I can tell, there are a lot of good, honest, people with true character, and that's a hard find these days. I'm truly impressed at the amount of people knowledgable and willing to help a newbie.

This dang bow and arrow thing has consumed me. Today when I got off work and it was raining, I was ticked! My little shooting setup is outside and it's cold when it's wet! If I don't quit thinking about it, I may talk myself into using the hallway, and this is a renthouse! We'll just have to not miss! lol

Thanks again everyone.

dee
Never ask a man where he's from. If he's from Texas, he'll tell you. If not, don't embarrass him. ;-)

Offline Killdeer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2007, 09:42:00 PM »
Dee, count your blessings! I am in a two-bedroom condo next to a major highway. I have to drive a half hour to forty-five minutes to get to a range!

Hmm. Wasn't like that twenty years ago, before they turned the woods into apartments..  "[dntthnk]"  

If I could clear out some of my junk, I might be able to get eight yards in here, shooting down the hallway into the bedroom. I guess I better let down the string when the snoring stops. :D  

Killdeer

~Longfellow

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline deelyte

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2007, 09:47:00 PM »
Oh God! Killdeer!

Gary is pacing it off and he says we can get about 13 yards from the end of the hallway to the kitchen door to the garage, and another 4 yards if we open the kitchen door and include the garage. Shhhh, this is started to sound like an ok idea!   :eek:
Never ask a man where he's from. If he's from Texas, he'll tell you. If not, don't embarrass him. ;-)

Offline ibohuntwhitetails

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2007, 10:01:00 PM »
Hey I have shot thru the family room and into the kitchen with a block target on a chair in front of the laundry room door. Gets me 15 yards. I have also shot caddy corner thru the garage over the boat.  I prefer the back yard but hey ya gotta do what ya gotta do!

Tom
COMPLETE NEWBIE!! FIRST BOW!!
PSE Impala 60" 55# @ 28"
29" 1916 with 5" feathers 100 gr.tips shooting of the shelf

Offline Killdeer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2007, 10:08:00 PM »
You luckies!
Dee, make sure that there are some warnings up between the kitchen and the garage. Utility companies get peeved when they have to replace a meter reader, and there is no season on yard apes.  :(  
But there otta be.  :thumbsup:  
Killdeer  :biglaugh:

~Longfellow

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline deelyte

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2007, 10:09:00 PM »
:biglaugh:  

They are predicting rain/sleet mix for the next couple of days! I don't know how long I can hold out, but I do know this...

I've already scoped it out. If take off the screen and I shoot out my daughter's bedroom window, I could move the hay bales from the side of the house to the middle of the backyard, and if I toss a cellphone out to the hay bales after every time I shoot, I could probably talk her into bringing in the arrows when she runs after the phone.

peace
dee

Offline hormoan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2007, 10:25:00 PM »
Where there is a will there is a WAY. And such cheap amusement and fun! Not to mention the stray hole in the wall. But hey thats why they make 5 gallon buckets of plaster!  :knothead:  
Now if I can just get my wife interested.

Brent

Offline sar

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2007, 10:35:00 PM »
Hi,

I'm in Tyler.  The Tyler archery club has a 3d shoot the first Sunday of each month.  First shoot of the year is this Sunday feb4th.  If you haven't shot 3D, it's a blast and a great way to practice(and lose some arrows)  There aren't a ton of trad shooters, but there's no animosity between the wheel guys and us.  I usually shoot with a group that has both.

Anyway, if you're interested, pm me and I will reply with my phone number and the phone number of the archery club so you can get more info.

Offline deelyte

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2007, 10:45:00 PM »
Oh that's great! We didn't know about that. That's only about a 45 minute to an hour drive from our house. Thanks for the info.

At the risk of sounding like a ninny. What is a wheel guy? And we are brand new at this...does that matter? I would love to at least go and watch if only to see people shoot and pick up pointers.

PM on the way.

dee

Offline ibohuntwhitetails

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2007, 11:43:00 PM »
Wheel guys are people shooting compound bows. Since the bows have the string on a cam or wheel at both ends of the limbs the call them wheel bows or training wheels or several others.

And I doubt anyone will care that you are both new at that shoot. Archery folks in general are good helpfull people. There are exceptions at some ranges but not many. And definately not on here so keep practicin and keep askin questions you'll get it.

And heck most the guys are going to enjoy you there so they can pick at your husband for being out shot by the wife. That is if they can outshoot you and have room to talk. My daughter is like you just a natural dead eye shot with a bow or a gun. She gets it from me but still amazing to watch. Also don't let your husband het frustrated it takes alot of people 1000's of arrows to get the form and aim and everything to just click.

Tom
COMPLETE NEWBIE!! FIRST BOW!!
PSE Impala 60" 55# @ 28"
29" 1916 with 5" feathers 100 gr.tips shooting of the shelf

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©