Africa!

Contribute to Trad Gang
Become a Trad Gang Sponsor

Author Topic: Lets talk Warthogs  (Read 3340 times)

Offline Gene Wensel

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Lets talk Warthogs
« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2004, 10:45:00 PM »
Yo John,
    What did you expect the red stuff to be, cherry Kool-Aid? I was going to clean them up for you but dried blood gives arrows character. The worst part was trying to hide the "Brand-X" broadheads! Thanks again. I still have bad dreams about almost running out of "ammo." Your contribution was highly appreciated.

Offline Iron/Mtn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2004, 10:40:00 AM »
Gene,I'm just glad I had arrows to give you, planning for the trip you think "AFRICA" and you start making up dozens of arrows, took two dozen and was lucky enough to only need 10, got a thing about reusing them until I run out of unused one's. Got the 18 "stealth heads" you sent and will try them this year.When you gonna hook us up for the next excursion?, I am trying my best to get  the other guys committed to a date. Planning and prepartion kept me going for 3 years. Take care and  say hello to Barry for me.
Like your Freedom.....Thank a VET.

Offline Gene Wensel

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2004, 01:19:00 PM »
John,
   I guess its time to pick dates for 2006. I'm full for 2004 and have very few slots left for 2005. You want ten days next time or 14? I'll contact you off line. Thanks.
  Gene

Offline Iron/Mtn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2004, 02:16:00 PM »
Gene talked to the gang of 3 and it looks like we will need to shoot for 07 in order to fund the excursion, ie college coming,weddings etc plus we are still waiting for our S/H bill for last year. 10 days should be good unless they have Bostwana up and running and you have checked it out, we would then probably try a split hunt if possible( affordable) as usual we are going to book sight seeing/photo trip prior to and a day  or two after the hunt. Galen is up in the air so we may need to work on him. Keep us in mind. Take care. John....

Offline Idahoeyes

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: May 19, 2004, 02:56:00 PM »
OK, so I've never shot a pig of any type (ways to go on the Ham Slam, huh Don) and frankly I'm really thinking of saving my money for bigger game.  BUT..I'm willing to listen.  Why does everyone like them so well.

ONLY 36 DAYS and I'm leaving!!!!  Ha Nore here I come!

Sean (Flying home from a convention in Germany and not liking this world wide travel stuff) C.

Offline Iron/Mtn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2004, 05:46:00 PM »
Sean;Granted there is more attractive game and other species that get most of the attention but I swear I would make the trip just to hunt warthogs and Impala they are both that slick. With worthogs you will probably see so many and they are varied in size tusk legnth etc, so some that were midgets with hugh tusks and others that were like linbackers with broken tusks,scarred boddies etc, have one photo of a warthog that has a horizontal gash 12 inches long and at least 3 inches deep, Tough critters and you must hit them good. I waited for good close shots(think 10-12 yds and center punched them all some guys in the group had some real adventures with them.Do not disregard the warthogs  like the zebra they are africa.....Good luck and good hunting.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©