Africa!

Contribute to Trad Gang
Become a Trad Gang Sponsor

Author Topic: Melorani - Again!!  (Read 1313 times)

Offline TDJ

• Trad Bowhunter
Melorani - Again!!
« on: August 03, 2004, 09:07:00 PM »
I just returned from a very successful 14 days at Melorani, South Africa.  This was my fourth trip to Melorani and I finally harvested my nemesis - the waterbuck.  It measured 28 1/2 inches.  Counting the other three traditional hunters in camp, we took a total of fifteen animals.

Melorani really seems to cater to the traditional bow hunter as the majority of shots are set up for 15 yards or less.  The accommodations are first class.  My wife really appreciated all the amenities (hot showers, great food, and no snakes!!)

Ted Judson

Offline Joseph

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Melorani - Again!!
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2004, 01:41:00 AM »
Ted, that sounds like a lot of fun. I am going to Africa next July with Gene.  It is killing me sitting here thinking that this time next year I will be there, only have to save money and wait 12 more months.  Congratulations on the waterbuck.  Joseph
"Politicians are like diapers, they need to be changed often and for the same reason"

Online Dsturgisjr

• Global Moderator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2004, 10:03:00 AM »
Hey Ted, Talked to Dale. Sounded like you guys had a great time. Glad you got that waterbuck. I want one of those bad. Cool looking animals. Denny

Offline Biggie Hoffman

• SRBZ
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2004, 02:36:00 PM »
28&1/2" is an excellent waterbuck! Way ta go!
PBS Life Member
Member 1K LLC

"If you are twenty and aren't liberal you don't have a heart...if you're forty and not conservative you don't have a brain".....Winston Churchill

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©