Africa!

Contribute to Trad Gang
Become a Trad Gang Sponsor

Author Topic: South Africa-2007...join me!  (Read 4518 times)

Offline 8th Dwarf

• Trad Bowhunter
South Africa-2007...join me!
« on: August 25, 2005, 12:33:00 PM »
I'm putting together a terrific hunt for July/August of 2007.  This will be at Greater Kuduland Safaris, a place I have hunted 13 times.

I AM NOT A PAID BOOKING AGENT!  I do bring bowhunters over with me each year, mostly to help the outfitter and to meet new bowhunters.

I have 6 weeks blocked out for myself and figure that anyone who joins me will probably want to come for the standard 14 day hunt.  You can hunt longer, if you wish.

I just returned from there and took 14 great critters this year.  They have over 24 huntable species and management is geared towards QUALITY!
The ranches are HUGE...somewhere around 100,000 acres by 2007.

I have refences, many of whom are Tradgangers, photos, and full info in my web site (www.paulbrunner.net)

Email me at [email protected] and I can give you more details.

Too Short (Paul Brunner)
Too Short  or Too F. Short

Offline Rick McGowan

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: South Africa-2007...join me!
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2005, 01:46:00 PM »
I'd sign up again for sure, BUT I'll still be in OZ again most likely.

Offline 8th Dwarf

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2005, 10:48:00 PM »
You're back!  How did the hunts go?  

My hunt at Howard's was beyond belief.  I have never seen anything like it.  Heck, I took four BIG critters the last day of the hunt!  I even quit an hour before dark...dumb thing to do, but I was out of arrows!

We need to get old baldy over there.  He could wreck havoc with Howard's management program.

Too Short

Offline Rick McGowan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2005, 10:40:00 AM »
Just got back, everyone got at least one buff or at least a couple close shots. Andrew had one bull try to kill him and his hunter. It was one that I had stalked earlier with Denny and Darrel.
The hunter shot it through the heart with a .450 Marlin from 30 yards and the bull just charged flat out without warning. Andrew dropped it with his forth and last shot into the spine at 4 1/2 paces from the .416. The bull green scored 106" it would have been in the top 5 or six. Andrew saw and video'ed another bull the same size that we never got.
I do need to get back over and visit with Howard, I still want my shot at an eland!

Offline cch

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2005, 09:08:00 AM »
Paul, I guess my partner and I will be the lucky ones since we booked for next year the one year you won't be there. We will have the whole place to ourselves without haveing to compete with you. Just kidding I would have loved to have had you there. Just make sure the place doesn't go to hell the one year you don't go.Chris.

Offline 8th Dwarf

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2005, 01:51:00 PM »
I just got word that someone got the bull Kudu I had been after for a couple of weeks.  At least it was at the same water hole.

57 INCHES!  What a HAWG!

Too Short

Offline Blackhawk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2005, 04:43:00 PM »
Yeah, CCH and I will be there in '06...and I'll be looking for that Kudu's big brother.
Lon Scott

Offline 8th Dwarf

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2005, 10:53:00 PM »
Just don't shoot that non-typical Kudu that hangs around the "Big Dam".  He has my brand on him....

The only other non-typical Kudu I have seen was a cow with horns shaped like an hour glass.  I hunted her for three years.  When I finally got her, the horns were in a figure 8!!!!!!!!!  Awesome!

Cheers...

Too Short

Offline cch

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2005, 03:27:00 PM »
Mental note: Big Dam non typical Kudu. Ok Paul I promise not to shoot him if he comes into my water hole. I will just shoot a 42" regular one so you will have something to shoot in 07. Take care. Chris.

Offline 8th Dwarf

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2005, 11:10:00 PM »
One of his horns goes straight out to the side.  On one side, he looks like a danged MOOSE!!!!

It's funny to watch him coming through the brush, because he threads his way through just the same way a Moose would!

Too Short

Offline Gene Wensel

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2005, 12:00:00 AM »
Dwarf....you're doing pretty good to kill that "nontypical cow kudu with horns shaped like a figure eight." Kudu cows don't have horns! Are we missing something here?

Offline Rick McGowan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2005, 07:26:00 AM »
Paul, I saw that kudu when I was there, I would doubt that there are two there like that.
Gene, maybe Paul dosn't make a distinction between male and female, not that there is anything wrong with that........................!

Offline 8th Dwarf

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2005, 10:53:00 PM »
Gene...Yup!  You're missing something...actually something important, but you ain't gonna find it until you lose that BELLY!  Heh, heh, heh!

Yes, it was a COW Kudu.  Yes, it had horns.  The vagina was very small and we found testicles INSIDE the animal that were the size of peas...sort of like yours, Gene!  I understand yours are inside, too, with all that BELLY!

Oooohhhh, you left yourself wide open for all this, Gene!  It's rare when I have a chance to roast you.  I'll try to figure out how to scan the photos in to my computer and I'll email them to you.  It'll be about a month, since I am hunting Wyoming, NM, and then Montana before I get back to Zoo Town.

Cheers!

Offline Gene Wensel

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2005, 12:02:00 PM »
A small vagina, testicles and horns....very interesting. No wonder she avoided you. I suppose you're going to tell us you once shot an antlered doe whitetail too :>)

Offline Ray Lyon

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2005, 07:17:00 PM »
A horny female Kudu in the secluded African bush, small private parts and a guy named Too Short. That about tells us more than we need to know.   "[nope]"   (nor do we want to see it  :D  )
Tradgang Charter Member #35

Offline 8th Dwarf

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2005, 01:04:00 PM »
Ha, Gene!  You WERE THERE when I shot that horny doe!  That was a weird one, wasn't it?

Hey, mate, I'm off to Iowa to harvest one just two points larger than yours of last year about the end of October.  Any chance of meeting up for a beer and some chatter?

You guys ain't heard nothing yet.  How about the time we were filming a video in PA and this van stopped below us and there was this guy and his girl friend and we had this professional video camera and you wouldn't believe what we got on film!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Aye yi yi!  I have copies for sale reasonably priced.  Gene, this is right down your alley (pardon the pun!).

Heh, heh, heh!

Too Short

Offline J from Denmark

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2005, 05:12:00 AM »
Paul, just curious, is it only waterhole/blind hunting at Greater Kuduland Safaris ?
Have you shot any of your animals there while stalking ?

Jacob

Offline Rick McGowan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2005, 10:13:00 AM »
Jacob, you can stalk there if you want. Its up to you, but the African animals are very wary.

Offline 8th Dwarf

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2005, 07:27:00 PM »
Yes, I have taken a number of animals while stalking.  I generally will stalk when it is windy.  This way the bushes are moving and the game tends to stay away from the water holes and go into the thicker bush.

One of the things I dearly love to do is stalk Wart Hogs in the evenings.  They will be near the areas where their holes are and busy feeding.  My closest shot on any animal in my life was a Wart Hog.  The arrow was just clearing the rest when it hit him!  Now THAT was exciting!!!!!

Cheers!

Too Short

Offline 8th Dwarf

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2006, 04:20:00 PM »
Well, here it is spring and I'm getting ready to lock in dates and hunters for this 2007 hunt at Greater Kuduland Safaris.  I'm there for six weeks.  The hunt starts 10 July and is over August 22.  Hunters can stay longer than that, but that's when I head for the states.

I still have openings for at least two bowhunters, and possibly three.  I have a full write up on the hunt with all details.  If you're interested, contact me at [email protected] (not through this site, please) and I will send you all details.

It's going to be a tremendous hunt on what I think is the best hunting ranch in Africa.

Cheers

Too Short (Paul Brunner)

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©