Africa!

Contribute to Trad Gang
Become a Trad Gang Sponsor

Author Topic: Better late than never.  (Read 4523 times)

Offline doctorbrady

• Trad Bowhunter
Better late than never.
« on: May 18, 2006, 05:42:00 PM »
Ok. It's been nearly a year since my trip to Namibia and I haven't posted a thing.  Found out my soon to be ex-wife had a boyfriend a few days before I took off so I have been busy getting life straightened out for the past several months.  Life is better now, so I don't have any reasons not to post.  First off, if you remember my hunt at Ombengu was canceled and my hunting partner cancelled.  It seemed like a bad deal, but I was set up to hunt with Ombengu's pH Danie Brand at another ranch.  As it turned out this was a Godsend.  The price was half of Ombengu so I was able to take my stepFather with me for what I would have spent at Ombengu.  The ranch was just a few miles down the road and though not bow only at the time, we were the first hunters of the year.  I am currently working with the owners and Danie on trying to get them converted to bow only and get some more guys from the states there.  Like a lot of Namibia most of their customers are still Europeans with few bowhunters among the group.  Back to the story.  My step Dad and I landed in Windhoek on time...our luggage did not.  It turns out that Lufthansa air would lose our equipment BOTH ways.  Needless to say we were a bit stressed.  Nothing like being in Africa, hunting paradise, without any weapons.  Danie's son met us at the airport and got us to their guest ranch.  He was working at Etosha studying giraffes and was very knowledgable about the local wildlife.  The natural history and history of the country that we recieved on the road to the ranch were worth the price of admission.  I knew right away that we were with the right people.  This wasn't going to just be a sit and shoot event, but rather a learning and hunting experience.  When we got to the guest ranch we met Danie and his wife Elsi who made us feel like family immediately.  I truly believe that Elsie was more upset about our luggage problem than we were, and she set about straightening things our in short order.  I don't know much Africaans, but whatever she was saying gave me the impression that the folks on the other end felt as if they were in the principal's office at school.  The following day our luggage was found and we were told that it would be another day before it arrived...on 2 different planes.  Not wanting to waste any time, we spent the first day touring Etosha and learning a bunch about the critters that we would be pursuing.  The wildlife their is amazing and the ambience of the country cannot be overstated.  Though the terrain reminded me of a south Texas hog hunt, the immensity of the country and the animals in it were a clear reminder that we weren't in Kansas anymore, Toto.  On day 3 we went out to one of the two ranches that we would be hunting.  We got the good news that our bows would be arriving late that evening and we could start hunting the following morning!  My dad and I sat in a blind that evening after a game drive and watched as a large oryx and cow eland came to drink.  Several other critters also stopped by our water hole.  With no bows in hand, I was content to capture some footage on my sony VX2000.  The evening meals were prepared primarily on the fire and all were excellent.  Fresh fruits and veggies were typically served with freshly killed local game.  There was too much good food and way too much good beverage.  The next morning found us working the kinks out of our shooting gear and getting back into proper shooting form.  My step dad hunted with a compound, and I took my trusty Dakota longbow.  Another little factor with this trip was that I had been shooting my widow recurve for about 2 years prior to this trip, but was contacted by my good friend Rich Welch a couple of months before asking if I could shoot some footage for a future video production.  I dusted off my favorite longbow and went about retraining myself to shoot it as it shoots quite a bit different than the widow.  I had also ordered a hummingbird longbow and had been dabbling with it for a few weeks before the trip.  All this bow swapping had my brain on overload and my shooting had paid the price.  Also, all the events which unfolded the week that I was supposed to leave left me packing my gear in the few hours before I was to hop a plane.  I was going on the trip of a lifetime being less prepared than I had ever been on any trip.  As I shot my bow the first morining of the hunt, I knew that I was going to have to limit myself to 20 yards or less to overcome my lack of confidence with my shooting.  Thankfully, Danie was a long time traditional bowhunter and had supervised the placement of all of the hides, keeping them at very reasonable distances from the water holes and game trails.  We set out mid moring to set some water holes.  My step dad hunted with Danie and I hunted with the ranch owner's brother in law, a great guy named Lukas.  Lukas had played rugby for the Namibian National team and he looked and talked like a bowed up younger Mel Gibson.  He was a blast to spend time in the blind with and never made me feel pressured about hunting next to the PH.  One of my fears was that sitting next to the PH as I took the "money shot" as Denny calls it would cause me a bit of target panic given my lack of preparedness.  Such was never the case with either Lukas or Danie.  The first morning in the blind provided me an opportunity to see several critters including a jackal which I was nearly able to get a shot at as it loped by our hide.  Still not an arrow was unleashed, but I was EXCITED.  Let me know if I haven't bored you to death and I will continue with the story.  Also, if I could figure out how to include pics, I would add them.  Brady

Online Dsturgisjr

• Global Moderator
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Better late than never.
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2006, 06:00:00 PM »
Brady, I was worried about you. Glad to hear life is better now. Bring on more story please. Denny

Offline doctorbrady

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2006, 06:53:00 PM »
Hey Denny,
Thanks for the concern.  Things aren't settled yet,but it's funny how God has a way of making even bad things good.  Life is a bunch better than it has been in years, I have just spent all of my Africa money on attorneys  :( .  There is always next year.  Now back to the show...
First afternoon, I sit in dugout blind near a small concrete watering hole.  I watch as numerous critters come and go and it's all I can do not to sling an arrow.  Thankfully, I was not feeling quite like myself and was able to keep from drawing blood right off the bat.  About mid day a nice impala ram comes to water and ducks his head to drink just 12 steps from Lukas and me.  The camera is rolling and I can hear the "oh, this is gonna be good" music playing in the my head.  All of my worries go away as my bow muscles tense and I focus on the "vital triangle" of the ram.  My focus transitioned to action as the bowstring thumped from my hand and 700 grains of carbon and steel smacked the exact spot I was intent upon.  The impala bucked up and kicked hard before darting off into the brush.  As he ran off, Lukas congratulated me on the perfect shot, but something in my mind didn't seem right.  The memory burned in my head which I replayed 10 times the first minute after the shot, showed way too much arrow sticking out of the ram.  700 grains at 160 fps should have blasted through such a diminutive little critter.  I was packing form eland, but had failed to pass through an impala.  A quick review of the video showed the same.  The shot was perfectly place, but penetration was minimal.  At first I thought the antelope's shoulder had kicked back and partly deflected the arrow as it entered.  Whatever the case, something was wrong.  When we stepped outside the hide and found the arrow, I was relieved to find it intact with about 10" of the shaft soaked streaked with blood.  Lukas called the trackers.  They too watched the video and assured me the animal was dead.  I felt better until after a diligent search we were not able to find any more blood.  Finally, by starting back at the beginning the trackers did what they do so very well, they followed a single set of tracks covered by hundreds or thousands of other until they found the first speck of blood 300 yards away.  The entire time they were following the imaginary, invisible to me, trail I doubted them.  When they found the blood, I was shocked, but I also knew that it wasn't a good sign.  Even fast mortaly wounded animals rarely run so far without leaving some sign.  The second drop of blood came 200 yards later.  It was then that I stopped doubting their ability.  Unfortunately, the trail ran cold and the impala was lost.  That is until it was killed by another hunter 2 months later.  I got word from the ranch owner that a Spaniard had shot the ram with a rifle only to discover a healed over front shoulder wound.  Comparing the horns removed any doubt that it was "my impala."  At the time, however, I suspected that I had mortally wounded the animal and my enthusiasm was waining even more.  I inspected my grizzly tipped arrow.  It was still razor sharp.  I couldn't understand what had happened.  I shot my bow, tested my arrow flight, did everything that I could think of, but was unable to figure out what had happened.  I went back to sit in another blind converted from an old water tank.  The hide was spacious and comfortable, and nearly invisible to the animals which would drink just 10-12 yards away from my shooting hole.  Just before dark a large wart hog approached and made the mistake of dropping to his knees to drink.  Again, all of my attention was directed as a small furrow between his shoulder blade and front leg bone.  As if magnitized, the arrow flew true and thumped the big tusker.  It exited quickly stage left, again with way too much arrow sticking out.  My camera captured the even beautifully, and all of my penned up emotions ran out as I wathced the video.  Though the shot was suprisingly perfect the arrow barely entered the thick skinned animal.  I couldn't believe what I was seeing and shed more than a few tears being absolutely emotionally exhausted.  We headed back to camp only to find that my step dad had arrowed a respectable kudu which they had not yet recovered.  A short search led us to the mortally wounded animal which was quickly dispatched in African style.  His shot was perfect and the steel force blade had done the job.  In a few more minutes the large beast would have been no more.  Either way, it was a success and I was happy to see my step dad so happy.  For me it was bitter sweet as I had begun to doubt my own equipment.  I was not alone in that, either.  My hunting partner, Lukas was not a bowhunter.  He had begun to have some real doubts about this whole thing and even offered to let me use his gun to finish up my hunt.  I hadn't come to Africa to play sniper.  I had come to hunt with a bow, my bow.  Though doubt was plaguing my mind, I remembered all of the hundreds of animals which I have shot with like equipment.  The previous year I had blown through 2 large caribou bulls, dispatching them within a few yards of where they stood when I released the arrows.  I had taken bears, bucks, boars, and bulls and knew in my mind that the equipment was right.  I was just misssing some piece of the puzzle.  The next moring, Danie, some trackers, and myself set out in search of the warthog.  Several yards away from the point of impact we found an arrow.  Only the broadhead had any blood on it.  The hog was not mortally hit, and we all knew it.  This is where the Ph really earned his keep.  We went back to camp and studied my equipment.  I was not going to hunt with ineffective tools.  I even considered hunting with a spear...really, a spear.  As we looked at everything, Danie commented on my grizzly broadheads.  Though I had sharpened them to shaving sharpness once my equipment had arrived at camp, I had not properly changed the point on the head.  Having hunted hogs and whitetails successfully with grizzleys in the past, I knew the importance of this step.  But in all my haste and mental confusion I had failed to do the obvious.   Needless to say, the next hour or so was spent doing a little machining work.  You see, I had also failed to pack a suitable file with which to change the point.  After some true to life African engineering we set up a make shift grinder on a drill and reworked the working end of my heads.  I rehoned the steel to shave, shot a few arrows to rebuild confidence in my set up,and hurried back to the blind....now it's about to get good.  Brady

Offline Jack Shanks

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2006, 08:46:00 PM »
Brady, after considering hunting Ombengu in 04 and then ending up hunting a concession in South Africa instead I'm anxiously waiting to hear the rest of your story. If I ever return to hunt Africa I think it will be in Namibia after all I have heard from others that have hunted there before.
Jack Shanks

Online Dsturgisjr

• Global Moderator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2006, 11:01:00 PM »
Don't stop now Brady. I just put you on suicide watch!   :)  

I thought Danie's name was Donnie. What's up with that. LOL

Offline Tilzbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2006, 12:09:00 AM »
You've got me hooked, keep it coming!!!!!
One man thinks he can, the other doesn't. Both are right!

Offline doctorbrady

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2006, 03:50:00 PM »
As you can imagine, I am still a bit skeptical with my set up.  My brain knows better, but my heart han't got it all worked out yet.  I go back to the old water tank with Danie and set up for the afternoon.  If Danie was concerned with my hunting set up, you sure wouldn't have known it. He stayed positive and reassured me that if I could keep shooting as well as I had been that some stuff was going to die.  I was trying hard to believe him.  That afternoon dragged on with only some guineas and young hogs coming in to drink.  I had just dozed off for the first time when Danie's accented whisper brought me back to the bush.  "Brady, move very slowly.  There is a baboon at the water hole."  Now this was a God send.  You see, even though there are baboons on the far opposite end of the property as it drops down out of the mountains, this end was flat as a pancake and usually devoid of baboons.  This old warrior had obviously past his prime and been run out of the main group.  His teeth were old and worn and he had the hagard appearance of a man back from a hard days work.  His senses were still with him, though, and he looked cautiously around before stooping to drink.  By that time, my bow was lifted and the tension on my bow fingers tugged every other thought from my mind.  I came to anchor and drilled a mental spot into his side.  A second later the bow thumped and I watched as my arrow passed through the old warrior.  The shot seemed a couple of inches further back than my focus point, but the arrow had sailed effortlessly through.  Unfortunately, Danie had been afraid of spooking the beast and was only able to catch a small piece of the action on film.  Twenty minutes later we left the blind and took up the search.  Once again blood was scarce, but this time the bright pink blood on the arrow told the tale.  After a few minutes of searching, I found a distinctive baboon print headed away from the blind and it quickly led me to the fallen beast just a few yards behind the water tank.  He was struck cleanly and died a mere 30 yards from the blind.  After the obligatory pictures, I breathed a sigh of relief having broken the slump and returned to the blind to finish the evening.  The evening brought numerous other animals venturing in, but they were either a bit too small, too female, or too far away for a shot.  About an hour before dark a herd of red heartebeast approached with a single large bull controlling the harem.  The cows drank first.  It was only after a 30 minute wait that the wary bull approached to drink.  I once again had to push away thoughts of my earlier failures.  Sure I had arrowed a 50 pound baboon, but how would my equipment perform on a 350 stud heartebeast?  My arrow answered the question before I had time to ask it a second time.  The answer was VERY WELL!  The arrow stuck perfectly penetrating both sides of the animal which ran frantically for 50 yards before expiring on camera.  Once again, life was feeling a little better.  Hakuna Matada (sp?), no worries.  That night I shared both in my own successes as well as my father's as he had arrowed a large springbok and warthog.  After too much African drink and food I slept well for the first time in many nights.  7 more hunting days to go and plenty of arrows...and sharp pointy broadheads.

Offline doctorbrady

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2006, 03:51:00 PM »
Denny,
It is Danie, pronounced Donnie.  It must be an African thing. LOL  Brady

Online Dsturgisjr

• Global Moderator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2006, 05:31:00 PM »
Brady, sounds good. Did you meet Danie's daughters? Hey, I took you off the suicide watch list. LOL Enjoying your experience. Got any pics?

Offline 8th Dwarf

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2006, 06:03:00 PM »
Some sound advice, Brady...

You have been there once, don't go there again...at least not for a Loooonnngggg time!  Why buy a boat, a Mercedes, a jet, or a woman when you can rent one?  Get my drift?

Ed Wolf, who was the veterinarian who filmed all my hunts for Stoney-Wolf Video Productions, was married four or five times.  After the last one, he told me that if he saw a pretty woman walking down the street, he would just walk up to her, give her the title to a new truck, the deed to a house, and wave goodbye!

Heck...my wife even had some bumper stickers made up that said, "Honk if you married Ed Wolf".  I snuck up to his office and put one on each of his cars.  He drove around for weeks wondering why everyone was honking at him!

Spend the money on hunting, mate!

Cheers from Too Short!
Too Short  or Too F. Short

Offline S Meyer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2006, 10:32:00 AM »
Good day all

The name Danie is the Afriekaans equivalent of Daniel. Danie is often short for Daniel. The Afrikaans spelling of Daniel is Danieel.  

One piece of advice, never get on the bad side of a Afrikaans farmer’s wife. When she likes you she’ll stuff you with food until it’s hard to walk. If she doesn’t like you, you’ll be better off running barefoot through a field of thorns. They take hospitality VERY seriously.

Namibia is a very beautiful place indeed, and with a population of 4 million, it is in many ways a better African experience than the other southern African countries.

Cheers

Offline doctorbrady

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2006, 03:47:00 PM »
Yeah Denny,
I met Quittie, Danie's daughter.  She taught me a little Africanns.  She actually gave us our tour of Etosha, cool gal.  I did get quite a few pics but I need a tutorial to get them posted.  Took 6 critters home with me.  I can give the rest of the story if everyone has not tired of the experience or just send the pics.  Too short, I certainly understand what your friend means.  I've dropped 80K to attorneys so far with no end in sight.  I'll be lucky if I can afford a squirrel hunt this year when all is said and done.  My mistake was marring a gal whose folks were big antihunters....yeah, I know.  It's kind of hard to be married to a guy as crazy about slinging arrows at critters as I am when your folks are tree huggers.  Amazing we managed for 10 years.  Got 3 awesome boys, though...always a silver lining.  The real kicker is that she is trying to move them off and has successfully kept me from being able to take my boys hunting with me until this whole thing is said and done.  Can you believe that?  Anyway, enough garbage.  Namibia is awesome and it will be even better when I have my boys along in a year or two.  Let me know if you want any more story.  Brady

Online Dsturgisjr

• Global Moderator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2006, 06:57:00 PM »
Too Short, Good to hear from you! Sounds like some good advise. Not everyone is as lucky as you and I with wives. LOL

S Meyer, Thanks for the info and also the sage advise. Running barefoot through a field of thorns. LOL!

Brady,I know it's a pain typing all that out, but I sure am enjoying your story. Thanks, Denny

Offline gregg dudley

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2006, 08:45:00 PM »
Great story, looking for more...
MOLON LABE

Traditional Bowhunters Of Florida
Come shoot with us!

Offline doctorbrady

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2006, 12:53:00 AM »
The following morning, I arose early and had a quick breakfast of muselix.  Danie packed us a lunch and we headed into the bush.  My hide for the morning was a simulated termite mound which had been placed by some of the ranch hands the day prior.  A word about these guys.  The men in camp serve in a variety of roles including trackers, skinners, auto mechanics, and laborers and they do all with a smile.  With Namibia and South Africa just about a decade out of Apartheid, the relations between the black and white countrymen are foreign to us and take some getting used to.  There is no political correctness here, but our ranch owner and our PH's showed a great deal of respect towards the staff who assisted us daily.  It is interesting to see how that relationship worked so well for all involved.  As the hide I would be sitting in was small, Danie opted to sit with my video camera in an elevated blind about 50 yards away.  The African winter air was quite chilly in the mornings with lows around 45 degrees on most days.  As the sun rose animals began approaching the water hole.  The blind had been placed so near the water that I found myself staring at the underbellies of several kudu cows and calves as they drank nervously.  The usual parade of birds also showed themselves including numerous doves, sand grouse, and a platoon of dozens of guinea fowl.  After several hours I had failed to see an animal that I wished to harvest.  Unbeknownst to me was the fact that both a large kudu and gemsbock had approached within 30 yards of the back of my hide but wouldn't close the distance as the new blind had them nervous.  Danie, however, had watched it all from his position and I later got to watch the big animals on tape.  Just after mid day we returned to camp to a large lunch.  My step dad had arrived back, again having harvested an amimal.  His trophies now included a kudu, warthog, gemsbock and heartebeaste.  I was happy for him, but he was starting to make me look like a slacker.  We decided to hunt the other ranch for the evening as it reported to have a larger number of zebras as well as a sizeable number of blue wildebeast.  Unfortunately, the evening brought 30 mph winds and not much to look at except for some playful young warthogs and their mom.  The following morning saw me back at my trusty water tank hide ready to see another African sunrise.  I was not disappointed.  We all talk of what Africa has for the hunter, but what makes it so great is what it lacks.  There is no ambient light from nearby cities, because there are no nearby cities.  There is no automobile traffic, no beaping pagers, no cell phones ringing, and almost no overhead plane traffic to be heard.  You can almost hear the sun come up.  As it erupted from the arid horizon, the sound of guineas, dove, and francolin broke the silence.  All but the francolin soon appeared to drink.  After watching the guineas for over an hour, I decided it was time to stretch my bow muscles.  I tagged the first with a judo and made a mental note not to do it again.  You waste alot of time trying to find one hit with such a head.  The second one wasn't nearly as hard to find as my grizzly tapped both wing butts.  A parade of animals again made there way in front of my shooting porthole, but none were the "right animal" and I finished without slinging another arrow.  As we had not been seeing any eland at the water during the day, we opted to try some stalking.  Growing up in heavy whitetail country, I found the stalking here quite refreshing.  Leaves were mostly absent and the high grass provided plenty of cover for a short guy like myself.  Our routine was simple.  We would drive the narrow single track roads, spotting with our optics as we went.  When we found an animal that I wanted a chance out, I would bail out on the opposite side of the rover and sneak off alone into the grass.  When the vehicle left, I would already be making my way to the down wind side of the quarry.  We first spotted a single eland bull standing in a small grove of trees.  It was great except that he was surrounded by 50 nervous springbok and a few heartebeast who looked equally concerned.  As I made a large circle, I heard the vehicle drive away.  It was then, for the first time, that I began to think about the relatively large numbers of leopards that roamed in our area.  Everyone in camp had a leopard encounter story.  I was hoping that I wouldn't.  I tabled those thoughts with the others I had repeatedly tabled during the trip, so that I could focus on the mission at hand.  As the collection of trees came into view, my predatory instinct went on high alert and I crawled toward the game which I knew was just ahead.  I noticed a flash in my periphery and moved into position as a big ram springbok walked within 20 yards.  It was hard for me not to whack him, but the eland bull was my number one priority.  When the ram did finally notice me he went on alert and I had to wave him off to keep him from snorting at me.  When he trotted away I took up the trail again.  50 careful yards later I spotted him.  A big Brahma looking bull of a creature walking in my direction.  His path would take him about 30 yards from me.  Close enough, but 20 would be better.  I cut the distance to close to that by using a few bushes as cover.  Then he stopped.  At 20 or so yards, he froze behind a clump of bushes.  His head, neck and back showing above the branches.  Something wasn't right in his world, but he hadn't figured out just what.  He turned and walked into the shadows of some low trees 5 yards further beyond me.  He gazed back in the direction the truck had last been.  I am sure that 2 days past though my watch showed only 2 minutes.  I got anxious and thought about using a method I have successfully used to bring startled hogs out of the thick texas brush.  I picked up a couple of small rocks anc contemplated their trajectory.  There were two things that I didn't factor in apparently.  The first was that rocks are apprarently heavier than a comparable U.S. rock as this one didn't land just past the eland, but rather in the branches just above his back.  The second factor is that 1500 pound animals running at full speed toward you are significantly more nerve shattering than 200 pound oinkers.  The bull exploded in my direction, and after nearly running me over, noticed my form and turned quickly 90 degrees.  I am sure that he is still moving in that direction.  When I returned to the rover, Danie was just as elated as was I at my  near success.  We would do this again. For now we would go for lunch and come up with a game plan for the evening.

Offline 8th Dwarf

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2006, 09:33:00 PM »
Denny...

Off to Andrew Mackay's on the 24th!  Two solid weeks of hunting those big Buffalo, stuffing pigs, and catching big Barramundi!  I can't wait!  Doug Otte, who was burned in that fire with me, is going and another mate named Stan "Swamp Dog" Bowser.  Both these guys are plenty experienced and have hunted the big stuff in Africa, so it should be cool.

Doc...I'm off to Namibia (Ha Nore) to hunt Leopard...Bushman style...on the second of July.  Namibia is an unbelievably cool place and I hope to hunt there more in the future.  Sorry to hear about the problems.  I married a gal who is an outdoor freak...she grew up on a mink farm...learned to bow hunt with a 55 pound longbow, and shot a pile of game in the U.S. and Africa.  Due to severe Fibromyalgia, she can no longer shoot a bow, but she encourages me and joins me when it's not too rigorous a location.  
We just celebrated our 42nd anniversary in the Cook Islands...fishing, beachcombing, and swimming.  I'm one of the lucky ones, as Denny said!  

When she gets her dander up at me, I just call her "Yes, Sir"!

Cheer from Too Short
Too Short  or Too F. Short

Offline doctorbrady

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2006, 10:34:00 AM »
Too short,
Good for you, and happy anniversary.  I am certainly all for marriage.  It just pays to take the time and pick one very, very carefully.  Man, I need to get this working for a living thing over with so that I can hunt as much as you  :)  !!!!.  If I can figure the picture posting deal out I will finish up the story and show some carnage pics.  Brady

Offline Gopherhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2006, 03:59:00 PM »
Hey Brady,
Good to talk to you yesterday.

Keep up with the story it is a good one and no one tells em like you do

considering the offer to go back with you and think it may be the best choice for me and nathan

talk to you soon
Mike
I only hunt critters that walk,crawl,slither,fly or swim.  I guess you could say I'm picky.

Offline doctorbrady

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2006, 10:48:00 AM »
Mike,
Would love to have you and Nathan along.  I can give you all of the details when we talk next.  I assure you that you both will have an incredible time and see critters that he has only seen in books...at 10 yards.  Oh, and did I mention the opportunity to pet a live cheetah?!!!  It kind of freaks you out when you know it eats live goats for supper.  You will have to see the pics. It was way cool.  When I get a few minutes free I'll continue with the story.  Brady

Offline Jack Shanks

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2006, 04:47:00 PM »
And the rest of the story? Come on Doc.
Jack Shanks

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©