Africa!

Contribute to Trad Gang
Become a Trad Gang Sponsor

Author Topic: need a huge favor!  (Read 1324 times)

Offline paleFace

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
need a huge favor!
« on: January 12, 2007, 11:05:00 AM »
to keep this short (not refering to too short), i hunted in south africa last year with Dries Visser.  my PH was Gerhard Vann Vuuren.  well he has a nephew that he wanted to give a bow for christmas.  i made him a nice red oak kids LB and when i went to ship it they sent it back and said it was to long and that it would have to be shipped FedEx.  well i checked on that and it will cost almost $300. US. crazy.  

here is my question. if anyone is headed back to africa in the next few months, would you be interested in helping me get this package there. i'm sure Gerhard would be willing to meet you at JoBerg to pick it up and i would be willing to pay the extra baggage fee (around $50).
>~Rob~>

"Dad, I need to sit down I'm shaking to bad" my 12 year old son the first time he shot at a deer with his bow.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _  _  _  _  _  _  _  _  _

Offline ncsturkey

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: need a huge favor!
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2007, 04:05:00 PM »
Rob  I'm going back to Vissers in September.  If that is not too late give me a call.  843-726-8883  or e-mail [email protected] Rod
"Live Like You Are Going To Die"

Offline BUFF

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2007, 04:56:00 PM »
I will be going in July to hunt with Dries and will take it with me if you like or you might check on sending it by DHL thay are quite a bit cheaper

Offline paleFace

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2007, 05:30:00 PM »
Rod & Buff,  thanks.  i will check on the cost from DHL first to see what they can do.  i am probably going back in august/september myself, but i was trying to find a way to get it to him soon as possible since it was supposed to be a christmas present. >~Rob~>
>~Rob~>

"Dad, I need to sit down I'm shaking to bad" my 12 year old son the first time he shot at a deer with his bow.

Offline vealboss

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2007, 10:29:00 PM »
Iam not sure, but I think you can send it with the airlines even if you arnt flying. I havent flown in awhile so that may have changed but it is worth a shot.

Offline paleFace

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2007, 10:46:00 PM »
vealboss i will check!
>~Rob~>

Offline BUFF

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2007, 10:45:00 PM »
do you still need someone to take your bow?

Offline paleFace

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2007, 08:46:00 PM »
thanks to everyone who offered to help out.  i was able to get the bow out to Reno for the SCI Convention and Gerhard had some friends there that had a booth set up. we got the bow to them and they made the transport back to south africa. amazing how things work out. thanks again to everyone. Trad Gangers rock.....
>~Rob~>

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©