Africa!

Contribute to Trad Gang
Become a Trad Gang Sponsor

Author Topic: Time for a roll call!  (Read 2822 times)

Offline doctorbrady

• Trad Bowhunter
Time for a roll call!
« on: January 25, 2007, 12:47:00 PM »
OK guys
It's getting to be about time for a roll call.  Who's going?  Where to?  What critters are at the top of your wish list?

Offline Rick McGowan

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Time for a roll call!
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2007, 01:50:00 PM »
I haven't made any plans, but when I do it will be for cape buff and eland, I sure wouldn't pass up a big kudu or waterbuck either!

Offline doctorbrady

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2007, 03:52:00 PM »
Rick,
I would love to do cape buff, but want to wait until I have gotten in a bunch of other hunts, just in case it ends up being my last   :scared:  
I am going to Namibia with a group of Tradgangers this year.  I get to do my once in a lifetime hunt for the second time.

Offline BTH

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2007, 03:53:00 PM »
Ha!
My wife and I are going to Visser Safaris August 13th-24th. We are both hunting. She shoots a compound bow. Her list is Kudu, Impala, Bushbuck.
Mine is whatever strolls in front of the blind within my budget...Or Waterbuck, Impala, Wildebeest, warthog, blesbok, Gemsbok, Hartebeest.
Only 6 1/2 more months to go!
Pork, Oysters, and Beer...the Holy Trinity (Anthony Bourdain).

Offline John3

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2007, 07:50:00 PM »
July/August 2007. Greater Kuduland taking my favorite girlfriend with me, (as long as she stays my favorite) Ha... Of course Too Short will be there and I think some other trad gangers. Fourteen whole hunt days. My wish list includes KUDU, Gemsbok, Impala and two doe Impala, warthog and maybe a bushpig. We have some non-hunt day trips planned. I want to "see" the country and the people.

John III
Villa Ridge, Missouri
"There is no excellence in Archery without great labor".  Maurice Thompson 1879

Professional Bowhunters Society--Regular Member
United Bowhunters of Missouri
Compton Life Member #333

Offline jonsimoneau

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2007, 07:53:00 PM »
I'm a for sure maybe,....leaning mostly towards YES for Africa this year.  Top of the list for me is Gemsbok and impala.  Zebra are tough to get a shot at, but they are way up there too.  Maybe a wildebeast.  Can anyone say Duiker?  Oh and springbuck.  Oh, hell, I'll take anything that comes near this time!

Offline TradAlaska

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2007, 08:09:00 PM »
Tshepe in early July -- Zebra, Black Wildebeest, Blesbuck.  This is my 5th trip to Africa and I have not taken these species on my previous hunts.  I am sure I will not be able to resist repeating on Warthog and Impala.  At least I haven't been able to on my earlier trips.

Cheers from Alaska

Offline hogdancer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2007, 10:53:00 PM »
I'll be going to Vissers july 1-11,my wife and I, don't really have a list yet,I just want to get there.
PBS regular Member,
but most importantly father to my two girls !
The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government _Thomas Jefferson

Offline camp thunder

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2007, 12:49:00 PM »
sportsmans safaris in sept.
nyala,kudu,impala and anything interesting that walks by. wife going along to run video camera and keep the money otherwise we may be homeless upon our return.
Hunt of a Lifetime " making dreams come true"

Offline ncsturkey

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2007, 05:23:00 PM »
Dries Visser in September.  Kudu, Black Wildebeest,Impalas,Blesbuck and ??????
"Live Like You Are Going To Die"

Offline paleFace

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2007, 08:32:00 PM »
Doc, i'll be in your back pocket so don't miss cause it will be on film.  if i can get enough footge early i might try and add a gemsbok to my trophy room, but my main focus will be to get some awesome footage and photos of namibia.  
>~Rob~>
>~Rob~>

"Dad, I need to sit down I'm shaking to bad" my 12 year old son the first time he shot at a deer with his bow.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _  _  _  _  _  _  _  _  _

Offline katman

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2007, 07:37:00 AM »
Once in a lifetime trip (second time), don't think you can only go once, Plan 08 looking for the gemsbuck and waterbuck that eluded me in 06. Maybe bushbuck, zebra, nyala, warthog, blesbuck if shots present. Deciding on Dries Visser vs Greater Kuduland. Buddy is at SCI in Reno right now checking it out.
shoot straight shoot often

Offline doctorbrady

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2007, 05:27:00 PM »
Rob,
I'll have to get a bigger back pocket stitched in to my hunting pants  :D  . You should have a shot at some nice gemsbok (oryx if you're in Namibia). Bring something quiet to stalk in 'cause I am planning on taking an eland on the ground....I hope.

Offline doctorbrady

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2007, 05:29:00 PM »
Oh yeah, and I gotta find someone that can edit a video to make it look like my arrow actually hit the animal  :knothead:

Offline katman

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2007, 07:31:00 PM »
doctorbrady,
Any recomenmdations on trad friendly hunts in Namibia? Number one animal is gemsbock/oryx.
shoot straight shoot often

Offline paleFace

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2007, 10:20:00 AM »
Doc,  i have some really quiet stalking britches. as for the video editing, got that part covered as well. the shot at a gemsbok would be awesome. i saw a few in SA, but ran out of money...
>~Rob~>

"Dad, I need to sit down I'm shaking to bad" my 12 year old son the first time he shot at a deer with his bow.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _  _  _  _  _  _  _  _  _

Offline Ray Hammond

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2007, 12:37:00 PM »
Dries Visser, mid through end of July- bushpig, warthog(of course- you knew THAT already didn't you?) kudu, gemsbok, impala, bushbuck,nyala. Or whatever, till I run out of dollars.
“Courageous, untroubled, mocking and violent-that is what Wisdom wants us to be. Wisdom is a woman, and loves only a warrior.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline BUFF

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2007, 10:43:00 PM »
Dries Visser July 1 thru the 11th my wife is tagging along as well

Offline forrest-hunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2007, 12:32:00 PM »
July of '08 with Ken Moody. I usually hunt with recurve or longbow but may have to use rifle due to shoulder injury. If anyone has hunted with Ken and would not mind talking to me about their trip please send private e-mail with phone #.

Offline doctorbrady

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2007, 01:20:00 PM »
Katman,
You've got mail.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©