Africa!

Contribute to Trad Gang
Become a Trad Gang Sponsor

Author Topic: Anybody hunt with PH Gerhard van Vuuren in 2006?  (Read 1468 times)

Offline RL

• Trad Bowhunter
Anybody hunt with PH Gerhard van Vuuren in 2006?
« on: March 18, 2007, 10:49:00 PM »
I am trying to get in contact with other hunters that hunted with PH Gerhard van Vuuren of Dries Visser Safaris in 2006. How did your hunt go?

Offline Pieter Africa

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Anybody hunt with PH Gerhard van Vuuren in 2006?
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2007, 01:43:00 AM »
Hello I am from South Africa,why do you ask. Are you scheduled to hunt with him or have you?

Offline Joseph

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2007, 04:21:00 AM »
I didn't in 2006 but when I was there in 2005 I spent a little time with him.  He is a good guy.  Joseph
"Politicians are like diapers, they need to be changed often and for the same reason"

Offline S Meyer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2007, 11:54:00 AM »
In my experience most of these PH’s are very good guys. You won’t get rich in that line of work so they all do it simply because they really love the work They do work really hard for they’re pay, but to be honest, there are I think many things you can do that are a lot less nice than being in the bush most of the time.  

Welkom aan Pieter. Waar in SA is jy?

Offline Falk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2007, 07:16:00 PM »
Mein Afrikaans wird jeden Tag besser! Ich habe den letzten Satz hier doch tatsächlich verstanden  :)

Offline S Meyer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2007, 06:42:00 AM »
OK, here goes nothing:

Es tut ich Leid zu sagen, dass mein Deutsch sehr arm ist. Meine Großmutter hat versucht, mich zu lehren, aber, bevor ich vorbei geworden bin, ist zu zehn gestorben zählend. Sie geben Klassen nicht vielleicht? Ich entschuldige mich für irgendeine Fehler; ich habe zu langer brausen durch Wörterbücher für dies ausgegeben. Ein Freund hat die Grammatik für mich korrigiert. Ich hoffe, dass dies verständlich ist.

Offline bucksaw

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2007, 07:03:00 AM »
RL: I hunted with Gerhard last August. Great hunt. Gerhard worked hard for me.
Happier than a pig eating strawberries

Offline Falk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2007, 12:47:00 PM »
Stefan,
PM send  ;)

@bucksaw
Sorry mate! You did send me a PM the other day and I never answered it. Wasn't on purpose! It somehow fell between something and then I wasn't in the right mood, work to do etc. - so it got lost.
That Hartebeest in your Avatar is pretty huge. Every time I see it my lower jaw starts to drop ...

Falk

Offline Bosveld

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2007, 03:22:00 AM »
I don't know Gerhard, but I do know Dries Visser.... In my oppinion, their services are of outstanding quality.Believe me, once doing bussines with them......you'l be back, and again, and again.

May your arrows fly straight.
The man who kneels to God, stands up to everything.

Offline paleFace

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2007, 08:16:00 AM »
Rick, we have talked and you know i hunted with him and i talk to him at least every other week or so. either by phone or email.  what's up?
>~Rob~>

"Dad, I need to sit down I'm shaking to bad" my 12 year old son the first time he shot at a deer with his bow.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _  _  _  _  _  _  _  _  _

Offline RL

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2007, 03:36:00 PM »
Sorry, I didn't mean to make the post sound so ominous. If you will remember, Gerhard lost both of his Jack Russell dogs last September. Since he is trying to start up his own outfitting business I thought all the hunters that hunted with him might want to donate some funds for a new dog.

Offline paleFace

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2007, 07:40:00 PM »
Rick, i have a yagd terrier that i may try to take to him when i head back over in august. i know the last time i talked with him he had i think 2 new pups.  he was on his way out into the bush with some hunters. he received the bow i made for his nephew and the boy is shooting it so i guess the crack was not to bad after all. i did tell him to use some super glue.  i still think it would be nice to send him a package of cheer from some of his previous clients.  count me in...
>~Rob~>

"Dad, I need to sit down I'm shaking to bad" my 12 year old son the first time he shot at a deer with his bow.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _  _  _  _  _  _  _  _  _

Offline jonsimoneau

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2007, 01:21:00 PM »
Just like Rob, I hunted with him.  I consider him to  be a good friend, and I only wished he lived closer so I could hang out with him more.  One day we sat in the blind the entire day, and did not see a single animal.  Yet we had a blast!  We talked about things I cannot mention on this website, and I nearly lost my ability to breath from laughter!  He is no longer with Driess, but will probably do fine.    We are almost the same age, so that helps....a couple of guys can really become pretty good friends when they spend 10 days from light till dark in a blind.  He's a great guy, and I WILL get together with him again.  
His girlfriend seemed cool too.  By the time she met me, Gerhartd and I were already messing with each other pretty good.  She always just rolled her eyes when the two of us started talking about things that guys our age talk about!  Good sport.    I wish I could have brought my girlfriend over there at the time, because the four of us would have had a blast!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©