Africa!

Contribute to Trad Gang
Become a Trad Gang Sponsor

Author Topic: Three days and counting  (Read 2465 times)

Offline wapitimike1

• Trad Bowhunter
Three days and counting
« on: July 03, 2007, 06:04:00 AM »
Three days and a wake up and it's of to Namibia. I'm just hoping these rag headed weasels don't pull any garbage to delay the flights. After departing JFK we have 12 hours in Frankfort Germany, then it's of to Windhoek Namibia. The kicker is the 500 hundred mile ride north east out of the capitol to the Caprivi provence east of Rundi. I'll be engaging the beasts of the earth with a 58lb Rivers Edge, spitting 625ish grain death stiks tipped with silverflames. If worst comes to worst I've already made my mind up. I'm painting stipes on my big toe like a pigmy Zebra and shooting it of so I can say I shot something!!!!!!!

Offline Marty

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Three days and counting
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2007, 08:56:00 AM »
Good luck on your journey. We leave on the 11th, only 8 days to go! Flying to jo-burg straight from Atlanta on Delta, it has to be better than 3 yrs ago on South African Air. It was the worst!! But the flight is worth it. Have fun

Offline BTH

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2007, 10:44:00 AM »
Good luck Mike. 36 days and a wake up for us.
Pork, Oysters, and Beer...the Holy Trinity (Anthony Bourdain).

Offline doctorbrady

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2007, 04:22:00 PM »
29 days to go for me!!!!
Best wishes and God speed to everybody.

Offline bayoulongbowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2007, 07:14:00 PM »
bring back some red arras!!!  :)   :pray:    :pray:    :pray:
"If you're living your life as if there is no GOD, you had  better be right!"

Offline COOCH

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2007, 09:18:00 PM »
Good luck and straight arrows looking forward to a full report on your return. 13 months for me I have to live vicarously through you guys for a while, i hope you don't mind.
Jeff Couture

Offline paleFace

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2007, 10:13:00 PM »
i'm with Doc, we have 28 more to go before we take off for Windhoek.  good luck on your hunt and make sure you tell us all about it when you return...
>~Rob~>

"Dad, I need to sit down I'm shaking to bad" my 12 year old son the first time he shot at a deer with his bow.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _  _  _  _  _  _  _  _  _

Offline Elksong

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2007, 10:59:00 PM »
You lucky dog! Good luck and good hunting.  We will need to see pic's when you get back!
What is man without the beasts? If all the beasts were gone, men would die from great loneliness of spirit, for whatever happens to the beasts also happens to man. All things are connected. Whatever befalls the earth befalls the children of the earth

Offline wapitimike1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2007, 12:28:00 PM »
Thanks everyone, I'm crossing my fingers. I'm going with Bill Langer and his dad we have talked about going for at least ten years he has some dvds called trad adventures this should be #4. I've never done any filming, so if he does produce it, if there's crummy footage it will most likely be mine! There's only one comunist with a compound going but we are going to use him for blunt practice. He has bad knees so we are going to pack his backpack with rotten meat and send him into the bush by himself.

Offline jonsimoneau

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2007, 10:07:00 AM »
I'm with Doc and Rob.  I'm so excited now I'm already having trouble sleeping!

Offline paleFace

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2007, 05:12:00 PM »
where you been Jon?  must be working your butt off.  we only have 26 days and a wake up.... yee haa!!!!
>~Rob~>

"Dad, I need to sit down I'm shaking to bad" my 12 year old son the first time he shot at a deer with his bow.

Offline jonsimoneau

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2007, 12:56:00 PM »
Rob, that is exactly it!  I've been working nonstop to try and finance this deal!  It's getting close man!

Offline paleFace

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2007, 09:15:00 AM »
finance?  what the heck is that?  that's what they make those plastic business cards that have the word "VISA" on them for..   :biglaugh:

hey we just have 25 & a wake up...
>~Rob~>

Offline sparrow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2007, 11:46:00 PM »
Good luck to all. I've been back from SA for 14 days. Met a guy that was on his third once in a lifetime trip over. I'm still thinking this was my only once in a lifetime but you never know. Shoot straight and set the bar high for those to follow. I hope I did.

Offline jonsimoneau

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2007, 07:04:00 AM »
Sparrow, how did you do?  Ya gotta give us the details man!

Offline herb haines

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2007, 02:20:00 PM »
Mike you back yet ---- herb
"Heaven is just over the next ridge......"

Hello Darlin'

Offline Joseph

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2007, 04:34:00 AM »
I need to figure a way to go back, it is so hard though trying to decide if I should go back to Africa or back to Australia!  Maybe I can find a way to do both   :confused:  That would be good!!!
"Politicians are like diapers, they need to be changed often and for the same reason"

Offline wapitimike1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2007, 06:29:00 AM »
I'm Back, it was truely the trip of a life time. The eight hour journey toward the border of Angola,Zambia was a journey its self. The hunt was fantastic, took Warthog,Kudu bull, Oryx, Redheartebeast, and Wildebeast. The stay was great, tons of animals, great people, perfect weather. I was also after Zebra and baboons but they are pretty slick always checking down wind of water or seaps. Had a bunch of other animals come in. The other guy's I was with stackedem like cord wood to, 36 animals betwean us. I also took some cull animals cows and such. Most shots were 15-18yds or less perfect set ups for trad shooters. Could not ask for a better hunt. All said and done with airfair and one extra night in Windhoek it's about $7800.00. I know a bunch of gun and bowhunters that go to some of these fancy joints out west and pay that much for one Elk. For the money Africa is a great deal and Makalaan was a great hunt. I have to figure out how to put pictures on this thing.

Offline paleFace

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2007, 01:54:00 PM »
sounds like you had a great hunt.  looks like your taxidermist is going to enjoy it as well. make sure you post your hunt story.....
>~Rob~>

Offline jonsimoneau

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2007, 04:05:00 PM »
Rob, are you ready brother?  I'm losing sleep now!  It's CLOSE!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©