Africa!

Contribute to Trad Gang
Become a Trad Gang Sponsor

Author Topic: Any stories yet?!?!?!?  (Read 6298 times)

Offline BUFF

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Any stories yet?!?!?!?
« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2007, 02:14:00 PM »
Later that same day I had a nice Warthog show up  

Offline BUFF

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2007, 02:20:00 PM »
The next morning when we arrived at the blind there was at least 40 Blesbuck already there. They never came back but 5 Zebra showed up. I hit him in the spine and then again through the front of the chest with a second arrow I don't ever remember reaching for. The Silver Flame head penetrated the Zebra length wise. I was very impressed with the German Kinetic heads as far as penetration went but started using the bigger 1-9/16" Zephyr heads as there was not much of a blood trail from the 1-1/8 Sliver Flames.  

Offline BUFF

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2007, 02:24:00 PM »
The next morning we got to the blind long before first light. The Blesbuck showed up before daylight but I was able to show my PH how we shoot Hogs in East Texas by moon light.  

video    http://www.buffsblackwidow.com/videos/Blesbuck01.wmv

Offline BUFF

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2007, 02:29:00 PM »
After the rains let up I shot a nice Waterbuck quartering away and lost him after following a really good blood trail for 1/2 mile. He just vanished. Luckly I got a call this morning from Stephon saying they had found him yesturday afternoon, so all I need is a cape. We hunted 2 days for Mountain Reed buck before getting one close enough for me.

Offline BUFF

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: July 15, 2007, 02:30:00 PM »
I took this second Impala from the same pop up blind the next morning  

Offline BUFF

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: July 15, 2007, 02:35:00 PM »
The next to the last day I was setting with my wife and let this Kudu walk once. When he came back she demanded I shoot him. It was the worst shot I made all week. The arrow went in in front of the shoulder and out behind the other. We left him over night. The next day we jumped him and he ran about 100 yards before falling over dead. I felt very lucky to get him as he didn't leak a tea spoon of blood. My tracker Pete followed his trcks in the dirt. He had bleed out between his ribs and his skin and felt like a water balloon to the touch  

Offline hogdancer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: July 15, 2007, 03:35:00 PM »
I was on the same hunt with Buff but stayed in a differant camp, had a great time as well, shot a big Zebra an Impala and a Bushbuck. Here are pics of the Impala and Bushbuck.
PBS regular Member,
but most importantly father to my two girls !
The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government _Thomas Jefferson

Offline BTH

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: July 15, 2007, 06:56:00 PM »
Welcome Back! Nice animals. We're leaving for Visser's in 26 days. How were things at the camps?
Pork, Oysters, and Beer...the Holy Trinity (Anthony Bourdain).

Offline hogdancer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: July 15, 2007, 07:44:00 PM »
here is the Zebra a.
PBS regular Member,
The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government _Thomas Jefferson

Offline BUFF

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: July 16, 2007, 01:40:00 AM »
nice Bushbuck. I really wanted one but I guess you can't have every thing  :)   Thye camp and pretty much everything about our hunt was top notch.

Offline doctorbrady

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: July 16, 2007, 10:10:00 AM »
Good job guys!  Buff, did you leave anything for the next group  :) ?  Great looking animals.  I can harly wait to leave.

Buff, the pics don't bother me, but the moderators will pull your wife's picture as they won't allow any postings of pics of critters taken with non traditional archery equipment. Just a heads up.  Brady

Offline ncsturkey

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: July 16, 2007, 12:20:00 PM »
Nice animals and it appears that my hunt in September better hurry up.  There will be no animals left to shoot.  Thanks for the up-date and the photos.
"Live Like You Are Going To Die"

Offline BUFF

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: July 16, 2007, 02:12:00 PM »
That is ok if they pull it. I posted it because it was just part of the story, no biggy

Offline doctorbrady

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: July 16, 2007, 03:08:00 PM »
Buff,
I am glad that your wife got to enjoy the hunt along with you, and I am glad that I got to see the pic before they took it down.  Congratulations!  I told you your broadheads would get the job done.  Well done, my friend.  
Hogdancer,
Great animals, and excellent photos.  Was this your first trip?
Brady

Offline doctorbrady

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: July 16, 2007, 05:54:00 PM »
Buff,
The pictures made me want to get there.  The videos make me down right crazy.  Now how am I supposed to get anything done in the next 2 weeks?  Awesome job, and great shooting.  Brady

Offline cch

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: July 16, 2007, 07:18:00 PM »
Buff congratulations!! Very good video's. You have a little better technique for video than I have. I like to turn the record button off just before the shot. I blew a couple of real good shots like that last year.

Offline paleFace

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: July 17, 2007, 02:24:00 AM »
Buff first congrads on the hunt x2, having your wife made it even more special. i had my son with me last year and it was the best.  looks like your taxidermist is going to get that new shop and truck he has always wanted.
>~Rob~>

"Dad, I need to sit down I'm shaking to bad" my 12 year old son the first time he shot at a deer with his bow.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _  _  _  _  _  _  _  _  _

Offline hogdancer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: July 18, 2007, 02:15:00 PM »
Thanks Doc, yep it was my first trip, I had a great time. I brought my wife with me and she had a blast as well, she took plenty of great pictures and sat in a blind on her own a couple of days. If it was'nt for the flite over and back I'd be itching to go again.
PBS regular Member,

Offline doctorbrady

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: July 18, 2007, 02:33:00 PM »
hogdancer,
Give it a year, and you will have forgotten about the terrible flight.  I more excited this time than last!  Glad the two of you got to experience it together.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©