Africa!

Contribute to Trad Gang
Become a Trad Gang Sponsor

Author Topic: Any stories yet?!?!?!?  (Read 6295 times)

Offline BAO

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Any stories yet?!?!?!?
« Reply #80 on: August 31, 2007, 10:21:00 AM »
Hunted Greater Kuduland from 7/30- 8/11/07.  This was my first trip to Africa and it was amazing.  My wife and 16 year old daughter went along as observers and had as much fun as I did.  Hunted with TG's very own Too Short(much better looking in person)and some other great folks in camp.  My final tally was two impala rams, a 10" (outside the jaw) warthog, kudu cow and nyala Bull.  My first shot was at an impala that I hit too high and never found blood.  My second impala and the nyala I can not claim as bow kills as they were hit too far back.  If not for a lot of luck and a quick shooting PH I may not have recovered either.  Other than my bad shooting this was a fantastic trip all the way around.  Accomodations, game sightings, camp mates, everything was great.  My daughter photographed a Bull elephant from 20 yards.  We saw cheeta, rhino, etc. I can not wait to go back.  What makes this extra special is that I am the idiot that ran his RH middle and ring fingers into a moulding shaper on May 29th. Some of you responded to my TG plea for advise about shooting a trad bow with a release.  I was able to shoot my tab in RSA.  After I blew up my osage/sinew bow made especially for this trip I borrowed a recurve and was able to get set up with just two weeks to go.  All and all I felt extremely blessed to be there and harvest anything.  If you are thinking of going,stop thinking and go.  I borrowed money to do this with my family and would do it again in a heartbeat.  Remember, noone in the history of mankind has ever said on his(her) deathbed..."I wish I had worked more"!

Offline 8th Dwarf

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #81 on: September 01, 2007, 08:50:00 AM »
Just back from a seven week hunt.  The first 5 weeks were mostly used helping my 14 year old grandson get his first hunt under his belt.  He got a Guinea Fowl and an old boar Baboon.

I finally took a Giraffe, something I had wanted for years.  Didn't get a Cape Buffalo this time.  Saw and filmed two different Leopards and filmed five Cheeta in a pack for over 20 minutes about 10 yards from me.  

Got a big Eland, Kudu, Waterbuck, 2 huge Warties, Impala, Baboon, and some other shots.

I no longer m-m-m-miss!  I now fire warning shots!  I fired a warning shot at a Mamba that was drinking about 25 feet from my blind.  Dang, I hate when that happens!

I'm not a booking agent, but I do arrange hunts for people with Greater Kuduland Safaris (I don't get paid).  I have two hunts held for next year and three hunts for 2009 if any of you are interested.  I had several hunters in camp with me for two week hunts that came from Tradgang.

Got LOTS of video footage this year, something I have never done before.  

Too Short
Too Short  or Too F. Short

Offline BUFF

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #82 on: September 01, 2007, 09:05:00 AM »
7 weeks, WOW!... congrats on the video it ads a whole differant challange to the hunt. O and welcome home

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©