Africa!

Contribute to Trad Gang
Become a Trad Gang Sponsor

Author Topic: Silver Falmes in stock  (Read 2329 times)

Offline herb haines

• Trad Bowhunter
Silver Falmes in stock
« on: July 30, 2007, 03:46:00 PM »
just to let you know i now have my second shipment of Silver Falames in got them away from customs .so i naow have 100gr , lots of 125 gr and some 180 gr and 210 gr . will be ordering more 150 gr this week . Marcus has been in Africa lol .
prices have increased to $73.50 per 3 pack ---- herb
"Heaven is just over the next ridge......"

Hello Darlin'

Offline BUFF

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Silver Falmes in stock
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2007, 04:51:00 PM »
i wish he would make some 1-1/2" cut heads. The 1-1/8" just don't leave much of a blood trail

Offline herb haines

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2007, 06:20:00 PM »
when you have one on each side it does help LOL --- herb

Hello Darlin'

Offline TradAlaska

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2007, 08:13:00 PM »
Just got back from Africa and used the 150 gr. SilverFlames I bought from you.  A good sharp head that performed well, but OUCH they are getting almost out of reach cost wise, for this old retired boy.

Cheers from Alaska

Offline herb haines

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2007, 06:38:00 AM »
TradAlaska ,
 i realize they are expensive , i have been selling them for a lot below the makup i have on the rest of the archery products i sell which is just a normal markup .so when i knew prices were going up in Jan i took a serious look at how much money i have tied up in Brioadheads  and if i want something for myself after the investment  of money, time i needed to increase prices so i did $6 a pack . which means on an investment of $5000 i will make $120 more  OH crap . enought to fill my truck up for 1.5 weeks LOL . guess i really shouldn't have looked at this ---------- herb

Hello Darlin'

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2007, 07:45:00 AM »
I love, 'em but I too feel the pinch so i sure hate the thought of loosing any. I only shoot mine from trees - less chance of loosing them than on flat ground shots (I think). Of course that only works when you know your setup/situation ahead of time. No, i wouldn't let it keep me from taking an offered decent shot -   :D
Bernie: "Hunters Are People Too"

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

Traditional Bow Shooters of West Virginia (Previously the Official Dinosaur Wrangler, Supporter, and Lifetime Honorary Member)
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Falk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2007, 02:07:00 PM »
posted by BUFF: i wish he would make some 1-1/2" cut heads.
Well, Markus actually made a 1 7/8" instead!
This is a special series though and only a very limited number was made. Mainly due to the wishes of a single person - who alone takes 300 (!) of these. BTW: No ProShop owner etc. - but for his own use - as I understand it    :eek:       :saywhat:    

Before long and I should be able to post a picture of this new SilverFlame for you    :)    I can post a draft but - no ...
Markus said, as he for the first time mentioned this new head to me: "SilverFlame goes Goshawk!" - well aware, that the later is one of my all times favorites! And the new SF really looks like as if he had used a Schumaker Goshawk as pattern - for the outline! Weight is about 185gr and cut. diam. 1 7/8" => BIG head!

If you only begg long enough and send over $15000 - Markus might consider doing something special for YOU too?!

Offline BTH

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2007, 02:37:00 PM »
I'd like to see a picture of that! I'll be putting my silver flame 210's to use in Africa very soon now.
Pork, Oysters, and Beer...the Holy Trinity (Anthony Bourdain).

Offline herb haines

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2007, 03:28:00 PM »
i new a customer had taken a big shipment for themselves but didn't know it was a new design LOL looks like i will stay broke . i am trying to get adaptors  from German that will allow you to screw on btroadheads and field points to woodies .they work great -- herb

Hello Darlin'

Offline Falk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2007, 11:07:00 AM »
Today I can show you the "special order SilverFlame DS" (185gr) - because I got one from Markus. Thanks mate!
As you can see it dwarfs the old 1960 Bear Razorhead and plays in the same league as the mighty Goshawk or the big Pearson Deadhead (also shown is a small Deadhead).

I measured a width of 1 7/8" or 4.75cm

It is nicknamed the "Whitetail Splitter" by Markus      :D

Offline Falk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2007, 11:08:00 AM »
Dang! I hit the "quote" instead of "edit" button ...
Mods please delete this one.

Offline joebuck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2007, 12:21:00 PM »
are these available for sale yet? a w e s o m e!
Aim down your arrow because thats where it's going.

Offline RC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2007, 05:16:00 PM »
Plan on using them for turkeys joebuck?RC

Offline Falk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2007, 05:49:00 PM »
As I said above, these were made on "special order" and in limited numbers. One man got the best of them but some are left.  Markus said - yes, what's left is available to "normal people".

Due to the limited number and the needed special tools and jigs these are even more expensive then the regular SilverFlames. This is a true "custom broadhead"  :readit:  

Joebuck, I've sent you a PM

Offline joebuck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2007, 07:49:00 PM »
RC..your a mind reader...  :notworthy:  ..you probably step over that gater Mark Land killed in those hog haunts you hunt!!!!
Aim down your arrow because thats where it's going.

Offline Curtiss Cardinal

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2007, 02:50:00 PM »
Man I gotta get myself some Goshawks.....Falk you're a tease man. But I'll still host you anytime you want to hunt whitetail deer here in Indiana(where the Goshawks were designed and made)
It is curious that physical courage should be so common in the world and moral courage so rare. ~Mark Twain
TGMM Family of The Bow

Offline Falk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2007, 05:34:00 PM »
Sorry Curtiss, wasn't on purpose. Just had to show them together with the new SilverFlame because of shape and size ...
And, thank you very much for your offer - chances are pretty slim though - but who knows  :archer:  

Will send you a PM
Falk

Online varmint101

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2007, 10:25:00 PM »
Man, that "Whitetail Splitter" sure looks bad A! Goshawk eh?  hmm, wonder if I can find any at garage sales next year...  I'll probably have as much chance at that as getting the giant SF.
Bless The Lord, O My Soul!

Member:
Indiana Bowhunter Association
Compton Traditional Bowhunters
Professional Bowhunters Society

Offline Arrow4Christ

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2007, 08:37:00 AM »
Delete

Offline Markus

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2007, 02:23:00 PM »
Craig,
actually that was not supposed to be published.

My fault not to tell you.

Making broadheads is one of the smaller workloads I have to do. I just don't want to toot the horn before the new products really exist.

Too much unpredictable things can happen and I hate to disappoint people. They have to wait for the regular heads very long anyway.

Markus
Take a sharp one...........

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©