Africa!

Contribute to Trad Gang
Become a Trad Gang Sponsor

Author Topic: Dissappointing End to Best Trip Ever!  (Read 4806 times)

Offline Marty

• Trad Bowhunter
Dissappointing End to Best Trip Ever!
« on: August 03, 2007, 08:05:00 AM »
Had a great trip with Uncle Gene to Visser's. Killed lots of great animals, BUT, one of my bags has not made it home yet. They tell me there is still hope, I'm beginning to doubt it. Returned home last thurs nite and we got 3 out of 4 bags. My lost bag has all my archery equipment, hunting clothes and accessories to the tune of $3,000.00. Gone! Talked to Delta last nite only to find out total liability for a lost bag on international flights is $640.00!!!!Needless to say, I'm sick. Of course I hear from the peanut gallery at home" You shoulda insured it for more". Question- Can you insure a bag for more on these trips? Talk about mixed emotions.

Offline cch

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Dissappointing End to Best Trip Ever!
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2007, 08:55:00 AM »
Marty, I had a scare like that last year. They lost my bags and then they delivered only one of them. The one that had my DAS bow didn't show up for a couple days after but it did finally. Good luck. Chris.

Offline Jarrod Feiner

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2007, 11:29:00 AM »
Years ago...20 years or so...I was coming home from the West Indies and was missing a small duffle bag--it did not contain anything valuable: shorts I was swimming in, toiletries...anyway it showed up 3 months later. I had forgotten about it.

Yes, stay on Delta and keep the names/dates of the people that you speak to.

BTW, I'm glad to hear the trip was a good time.
"Your own soul, as a hunter, has gone out to fasten on the soul of the deer, even before the deer has any wind of you, it is so. It is a subtle, profound battle of wills , which takes place in the invisible" D.H. Lawrence

Offline bushwood

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2007, 02:54:00 PM »
I had the same thing happen this week with Delta! We arrived from Joburg Sunday and the bag with both my bows, all my hunting clothes, shoes and cameras did not make it.

It arrived Thursday to my home undamaged! Stay positive.

Offline tradtusker

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2007, 04:03:00 PM »
OH man! that sucks i realy hope it makes it back to you!
There is more to the Hunt.. then the Horns

**TGMM Family of the Bow**

Andy Ivy

Offline Rick McGowan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2007, 07:57:00 PM »
A friend of my had his bag lost and the airline found it 364 days later, one day before it would have been sold to salvage!

Offline John3

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2007, 09:00:00 PM »
My irreplaceable Black Widow PGA and a Sky Hawk (by Earl Hoyt Jr)bows were "lost" at the Vancouver airport this May when I was trying to get home from British Columbia. I cleared customs with the bowcase and after that who knows. Waited over an hour at the STL airport on my bowcase with no love for me. Did the paperwork thinking my worst fears had happened. Three days later a woman from the airport was pulling into my driveway with my bows.
All ended well, I hope yours does as well.

John III
"There is no excellence in Archery without great labor".  Maurice Thompson 1879

Professional Bowhunters Society--Regular Member
United Bowhunters of Missouri
Compton Life Member #333

Offline wapitimike1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2007, 09:24:00 PM »
Stay away from SA Air. The guys who were going to hunt after us went SA Air no bags for them either.

Offline katman

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2007, 10:29:00 PM »
My Wyoming hunting partners bow/bag was lost on return by SAA, fortunately it showed up 6 weeks later in South America plus about five other airport tags. They lost my bag/bow also but it showed up at the local airport couple of days later. Keep on them and I wish you the best.
shoot straight shoot often

Offline Joseph

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2007, 05:39:00 AM »
Okay, sorry about the bag and I hope all comes out fine, but where are the pictures?    :bigsmyl:  Joseph
"Politicians are like diapers, they need to be changed often and for the same reason"

Offline Marty

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2007, 08:07:00 PM »
Sorry, Joseph, I have great photo's, but I just figured out how to post here let alone post photo's. I can e-mail them but that's all.By the way, still no bag>

Offline Joseph

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2007, 05:58:00 AM »
Sorry to here about the bag but keep your hopes up.  It will probably show up the day after you cash the insurance check for it and they will want their money back!  Glad you had a good trip, I am still trying to figure out how to go back to Africa and Australia.  Joseph
"Politicians are like diapers, they need to be changed often and for the same reason"

Offline Marty

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2007, 02:56:00 PM »
OK, OK. Enough whinning.My bag and contents are gone and I get reimbursed a lousy $640.00. Oh well.Sooo, in order not just to complain, Ray H. has agrred to post my successes for you to see. What a great trip!. Thanks Ray, sorry you didn't make it!

Offline Ray Hammond

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2007, 04:40:00 PM »
“Courageous, untroubled, mocking and violent-that is what Wisdom wants us to be. Wisdom is a woman, and loves only a warrior.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline Ray Hammond

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2007, 04:41:00 PM »
“Courageous, untroubled, mocking and violent-that is what Wisdom wants us to be. Wisdom is a woman, and loves only a warrior.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline Ray Hammond

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2007, 04:42:00 PM »

Offline Ray Hammond

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2007, 04:42:00 PM »

Offline Ray Hammond

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2007, 04:43:00 PM »

Offline Ray Hammond

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2007, 04:44:00 PM »
Congratulations, Marty....the eland, kudu, and zebra are un-real...just beauties...couldn't have happened to a nicer guy!

Offline BTH

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2007, 04:55:00 PM »
Nice Marty! Did you leave any good kudu or did you take the last one? My trip starts in...37 hours! Nice picture with with Gene and the Eland!
Pork, Oysters, and Beer...the Holy Trinity (Anthony Bourdain).

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©