Africa!

Contribute to Trad Gang
Become a Trad Gang Sponsor

Author Topic: Very Dissappointed!  (Read 1390 times)

Offline COOCH

• Trad Bowhunter
Very Dissappointed!
« on: August 03, 2008, 08:22:00 AM »
Today I should be getting into hunting camp,however three weeks ago this safari was unexpectadly postponed do to some unexpected and unforseen problems(I won't bore you with the details) I'm hoping some of you guys that went would be kind enough to post your adventures as I find myself having to wait until 09.My wife and I are very upset about this I guess 1 more year isn't so bad. Thanks for letting me vent. Hope everybody had a great time.
Jeff Couture

Offline Wile E. Coyote

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Very Dissappointed!
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2008, 10:21:00 AM »
Maybe I'm missing something, but what Safari are you talking about?
Wayne LaBauve

"Learn to wish that everything should come to pass exactly as it does."

Offline J-dog

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2008, 05:23:00 PM »
cheer up, it gets better

J
Always be stubborn.

Captain hindsight to the rescue!

Offline Joseph

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2008, 03:16:00 AM »
Cooch, look at the bright side, you can save more money to shoot more or more exspensive critters    :thumbsup:   That should cushion the blow a little bit although waiting another year will be trying! Joseph
"Politicians are like diapers, they need to be changed often and for the same reason"

Offline COOCH

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2008, 10:00:00 PM »
Wile E I had a safari booked for the first 15 days of Aug this year.  Joseph things are already looking up just put another 500 away I'm thinking Sable (may as well dream big or is that big money I always get them confused]
Jeff Couture

Offline Joseph

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2008, 09:30:00 AM »
That qualifies as dreaming big and big money!  Not sure where you are going but Sable trophy prices are 10-12 thousand dollars on average.  I was surrounded by them at Vissers one day when I was there and would dearly love to get one if I go back but I would probably have to sell a Kidney to afford it   :bigsmyl:
"Politicians are like diapers, they need to be changed often and for the same reason"

Offline Tilzbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2008, 03:40:00 AM »
Joseph,

Where are you seeing 10 - 12K for sable? I looked at Melorani just now, which I thought was one of the most expensive, and they're asking 7K.
One man thinks he can, the other doesn't. Both are right!

Offline Joseph

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2008, 03:59:00 AM »
Visser's are charging $250.00 and inch so a 40 incher would be $10K, several of the ones I saw there were longer than 40.  I can't remember which place had them for $12K.  Chifuti safaris in Zimbabwe only charges $3750.00 for them but there daily rate is $900.00 so I don't know what would be the best way to go.  Visser's have a breeding program for them and they were very abundent there but I guess they are popular and that is what drives the prices.  Joseph

Offline Tilzbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2008, 05:48:00 PM »
Dang, if I had it I think I'd spend the money hunting buffalo...
One man thinks he can, the other doesn't. Both are right!

Offline COOCH

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2008, 11:07:00 PM »
Already on the list I just need to earn the respect of my PH in the shooting department,thats why Im so bummed that this year ended up in the can. A plains game hunt is relativly low stress under shooting conditions it gives the hunter and the PH a good feel for each other.I need him to have complete confidence in my abbilities as bullet holes don't count in my book.What the heck its only money you can't take it with you just have to put a little mare away every week.
Jeff Couture

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©