Africa!

Contribute to Trad Gang
Become a Trad Gang Sponsor

Author Topic: Namibia operations  (Read 2203 times)

Offline MountainTool21

• Trad Bowhunter
Namibia operations
« on: January 25, 2009, 02:49:00 PM »
im looking to book a Namibia trip and am asking for a little advice as to which outfitter to go with? I've read some positive threads about Ha Nore. Also, is the majority of hunting done from blinds or do you get a chance to stalk and slip?  Thanks gang

Offline T. Downing

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Namibia operations
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2009, 02:47:00 PM »
Never been there but I have read a ton about Ha Nore and what makes it unique is you get to stalk with the bushman. One of my life's dreams. You can also hunt from blinds and from what I have read, Alan Cilliers (spelling?) Ha Nore caters to the bowhunter. Paul Brunner, Don Thomas, are just a couple of traditionalists who have hunted there. I would go in a second if I had the money. Bowhunting Safari Consultants has info on Ha Nore. Good luck and I am envious, T
Like arrows in the hands of a warrior
are children born in one’s youth. Blessed is the man
whose quiver is full of them.
Psalm 127 4-5

Online Jorge

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2009, 03:38:00 PM »
Hi from Spain

We were hunting with Vieranas Safaris, but not a traditional bowhunt (wheels). Blinds are valids for recurves and longbows and Roger, the Ph, has experience with traditional bowhunters. Piet, the tracker, is amazing. Stalking is not a problem for Roger.

Sorry for my english

Jorge

Offline MountainTool21

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2009, 09:58:00 PM »
T & jorge thank you both for the feedback. just got back from sportsman show and met with several outfitters. I will try to hook up with Bowhunting Safari Consultants. if either of you are ever up in Denver with your stick and string drop a line and I will take you to my 3D range.  Thanks again

Offline hogdancer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2009, 10:56:00 AM »
I have been to S. Africa and am planning on Namibia in 2010. I have booked before with Bowhunting Safari Consultants but will not again, they work for the outfitter, not you, so if something goes wrong their alligiance is not to you. I know plenty of others have had good experiances with them though. There is no reason not to book directly with a reputable outfitter.
I will be going to Makalaan in 2010.
PBS regular Member,
but most importantly father to my two girls !
The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government _Thomas Jefferson

Offline Bushman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2009, 04:07:00 PM »
In Namibia as well as in South Africa most of the bowhunting is from a blind, but you will usually be able to stalk as well if you so wish. A good advice is to ask about that before you book so they are prepared. Some places you hunt 2:1 or 3:1 and then it can be diffucult to arrange stalking, but on a 1:1 hunt its normally no problem.

Offline MountainTool21

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2009, 10:59:00 PM »
Ive just been informed about Greater Kuduland as a real good spot. Any thoughts on this one guys?

Online Jorge

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2009, 09:44:00 AM »
Thanks for the offer MountainTool21, Colorado is far from my home, but who knows.

I have read only good things of Kuduland

Jorge

Offline tradtusker

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2009, 01:10:00 PM »
Andrew drop me a Pm with your Number some time and ill give you a call
There is more to the Hunt.. then the Horns

**TGMM Family of the Bow**

Andy Ivy

Offline wapitimike1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2009, 08:29:00 AM »
Check out Makalan in bushman lands Namibia. He is well versed in traditional shooters and set ups.

Offline MountainTool21

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2009, 05:20:00 AM »
Thank you for the help Wapitimike1

Offline Ham

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2009, 11:39:00 AM »
Bowhunting Safari Consultants just recently anounced some bargain hunts at HaNore that might intertest you. I think they are offering $250 daily fee($150 for observer) with no trophy fee for cull animals (broken, deformed horns gemsboc, and cow kudu).  Some other animals could be taken for the regular trophy fee.  These were 7 or 10 day hunts.  I've been there, and I don't think you would be dissapointed.  From my experience, I would expect you to have shot oportunities every day!

Offline Don Thomas

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2009, 10:32:00 AM »
I've had considerable experience with both outfits mentioned and both are excellent. (Kuduland is not in Namibia). The Cilliers' operation is among the very best in southern Africa. See my new post on this subject. Cheers, Don

Offline Don Thomas

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2009, 10:39:00 AM »
I've had considerable experience with both outfits mentioned and both are excellent. (Kuduland is not in Namibia). The Cilliers' operation is among the very best in southern Africa. See my new post on this subject. Cheers, Don

Offline JF

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2010, 04:16:00 PM »
I had a great hunt at HaNore,and I understand there are some bargans know.John

Offline 2wfstlhunting

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2010, 02:58:00 AM »
You will absolutely have a good trip, a good hunt, and have the chance at lots of animals at Makalaan.  Honest, real, comfortable, and you will want to go back: that is about the ultimate compliment.

Steve
Leon Stewart Deflex/Reflex Mahogany and bamboo 62" 53#@27.5"
Leon Stewart Deflex/Reflex curly maple, birdseye maple and Osage riser 53#@ 28"
Blacktail 62" longbow takedown 53#/57# B & W ebony
Harvey Crowned Eagle longbow  62"  49#

Offline wapitimike1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2010, 05:25:00 AM »
If your looking to go this year contact Bill Langer. He's going back to Makalan. They are having some out of this world pricing. Bill's trying to add afew more hunter's to his group.

Offline Stick n' String

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2010, 05:59:00 PM »
I hunted the Cillier's operation last year with my wife. The property is longer "officially" called Ha nore, but rather Sandvelt Ranch. In short, it was the finest hunting experience I have ever experienced. To answer your original question, you may choose to hunt our of pit or elevated blinds over water or you can elect to hunt in the company of Bushmen trackers. Your decision. The accommodations were rustic, yet refined. The meals were 100% local game and absolutely terrific. I cannot say enough about the Cilliers and their operation. Please PM in the event you have any specific questions I can help you to address.

Offline jonsimoneau

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2010, 06:27:00 PM »
My fourth trip to Africa will likely be back to Namibia, and it will probably be with Cilliers operation.  I have just simply heard to many good things about it. Just thinking about going back to Africa drives me nuts!  I can't wait to get back there.

Offline BowMIke

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2010, 10:31:00 AM »
I've done a lot of research and have decided if I ever make it to Africa to go to Makalaan Hunting Safaris in Namibia. Check it out!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©