3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: sticks and limbs camo  (Read 1718 times)

Offline gobbler10ga

• Trad Bowhunter
sticks and limbs camo
« on: January 30, 2007, 09:23:00 PM »
anybody wear this camo ?
whatcha think?
TEAM HILLBILLY

Offline JasonV

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: sticks and limbs camo
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2007, 09:14:00 AM »

This is the first I've heard of it, but I like the pattern alot (thew pic is from their website)- I have no idea what kind of quality you'll get - I've had to throw away some off-brand camo with a pattern I liked, but which turned out to be absolute garbage - so you never know what you're getting....

I'm also interested to see if anyone else has experience with this brand....
The beaten path is for beaten men.

Offline JC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2007, 09:15:00 AM »
Major, I used to own some of it, like it much better than the standard mossy oak etc. Works/looks a lot like predator, only reason I still don't have any is mine wore out and it's kinda hard to find...not many places sell it and it's never on sale...for what it costs, I'd rather have predator.

I remember back when they were a pretty big player, with a big color add showing like 10 patterns in Bow and Arrow magazine back in the 70's/80's.
"Being there was good enough..." Charlie Lamb reflecting on a hunt
TGMM Brotherhood of the Bow

Offline Charlie Lamb

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2007, 11:08:00 AM »
Curious about it also guys. Like Joe said, they used to be pretty big. I always loved the patterns they had... even better than Predator.

Chose Predator for the same reason as Joe.
Hunt Sharp

Charlie

Online Bob T.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2007, 12:31:00 PM »
Back in the 70s they were called Camo Clan.They were one of the first to make camo for bowhunters with built in bowholders on the legs & strapes on your bowarms. I still have a suit of their vertical tiger stripe. Good quality back then.

Offline rtherber

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2007, 03:14:00 PM »
I bought some last year to use in the aspens in Colorado while elk hunting. I went with the one pc.coverall thinking it would pack smaller in my backpack. I ended up in another part of Colorado and hunted out of a base camp so didn't use the clothes or the 12 pocket matching turkey vest. I was going to use the vest in lieu of a daypack. Anyway, its made in Clarkfield,MN by Clarkfield Apparel so it is USA stuff. I got the Large "Long" and they fit loose enough to wear base layers etc... The BDU pants only have a 32" inseam BTW.. Bowhuntingnet.com has a retail online store and sells the line of SNL.

Offline rtherber

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2007, 03:21:00 PM »
I thought I could wrap the turkey vest around my backpack, thus eliminating a separate daypack/fanny pack.

Offline ishiwannabe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2007, 04:45:00 PM »
I have done a lot of looking also. I think it is a toss up between sticks and limbs and Skyline apparition. I have always preferred the "lighter" camos anyway. I have Skyline apparition coveralls, a set of natural gear bdus, and when those are dirty or whatever...realtree hardwoods.
Basically...all of em work, it all depends on what you want and how much you want to spend.
"I lost arrows and didnt even shoot at a rabbit" Charlie after the Island of Trees.
                         -Jamie

Offline joe skipp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2007, 08:02:00 PM »
I was a dealer for Sticks 'N Limbs through Clarkfield...I'm not sure they offer it anymore.

I use it in the early spring for turkey and early season whitetail in combo with ASAT pants. It has the ability to disappear when the sun hits it. Sorta like a chameleon effect...very good stuff for you tree stand hunters.
"Neal...is this heaven?" "No Piute but we are dam close". Top of the Mtn in Medicine Bow Nat Forest.

Offline Joe Subler

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2007, 08:06:00 PM »
I use the light colored sticks'n limbs when in tree stands after the leaves have fallen.  Can't remember where I bought it as I've had it for several years.  

Joe
62" Mohawk  53#@27"

Offline gobbler10ga

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2007, 08:26:00 PM »
I want to try some tgis year but mossy oak also brought back the original bottomland pattern
TEAM HILLBILLY

Offline SOS

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2007, 10:30:00 PM »
I've got one bowhunters jacket that I wear in open woods after the leaves have fallen.  A year or two ago I was standing in bright, late morning sunshine about 14' up in a hang-on with not a leaf in sight.  Had a group of six does and young ones come straight up the creek bottom with the sun at their backs and right in my face.  I managed to turn completely to my right and get a 12 yard shot as they came by.  Couldn't believe I got away with that much movement in plain sight with six sets of eyes.  I feel the camo helped in that situation.  Steve

Offline joe skipp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2007, 07:20:00 PM »
First pic was taken in North Dakota...ASAT pants, Sticks 'n Limbs top...

Next pic here in NY, early season....

Last pic on a scouting trip to CT...showing how Sticks 'N Limbs blends for tree stand hunters...

"Neal...is this heaven?" "No Piute but we are dam close". Top of the Mtn in Medicine Bow Nat Forest.

Offline gobbler10ga

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2007, 08:05:00 PM »
Thanks for the pics Im gonna have to get me some
TEAM HILLBILLY

Offline Big Dave

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2007, 04:38:00 PM »
BowhuntingStore.com has the sticks and limbs camo. I bought a set from a place that used to be called Woodsie Too,I think that was the name,which was what Camo Clan went to.The same people are involved that are at BowhuntingStore.com. I love the camo and it has lasted pretty good. But I don't know how it is now,it's been a long time and things can change.  :D    :thumbsup:    :D
Live today like you'll meet God tommorow (you might)

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©