3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Santa delivered my Pittsley Predator today! - Have Picture  (Read 537 times)

Offline Yellow Dog

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Santa delivered my Pittsley Predator today! - Have Picture
« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2008, 09:26:00 PM »
The first one is a standard Classic that is reversed. Bubinga fadeouts with a a grey maple grip. Same as VA Bowbownders's but reversed. The "blonde" spot on the grip was just a part of the maple that didn't take the stain. I'm only an hour from Ron's shop so I drove up and dug thru his inventory and picked it out. The second one is a Congalo Alves/African Buginga Classic with Zebra Wood limbs. Congalo Alves is sometimes called Tigerwood. I've been shooting traditional for the last 15+ years and the Predators have finally cured me of a 12 year Widow addiction. The're the best shooting bows I've ever flung an arrow with.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline returntoarchery

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2008, 09:47:00 PM »
I see that now on the first one. Both are sweet. Even the standard custom as VA Bowbender is sweet looking to me. I would have a hard time picking out just one if I had a chance to do as you did and dig through Ron's inventory. I'd want them all.    :D

That's saying something if it cured your BW addition and good to know what quality Ron's bows are. I've always heard BW's were up there. I'm sure they are quality bows but I've never liked the styling.  For some reason the Bear Kodiak / Super Kodiak/ TD styling has always had my eye hence my attraction to the Predator.

Offline VA Bowbender

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2008, 07:11:00 AM »
Originally posted by returntoarchery:

That's saying something if it cured your BW addition and good to know what quality Ron's bows are. I've always heard BW's were up there. I'm sure they are quality bows but I've never liked the styling.  For some reason the Bear Kodiak / Super Kodiak/ TD styling has always had my eye hence my attraction to the Predator.
That's exactly how I feel about BW's and why I went with the Bear Custom TD and the Predator.

I went with the original "Classic" because that was the first one I saw in Ron's little brochure/handout back in the 90's.  There were two offered in that pamphlet, the Classic and a camo version.  And dang my hide if I didn't throw it away just before I found out that Ron was back in business.  I wish I still had it now!
  :banghead:
Bows, Broadheads & Backstraps

Offline returntoarchery

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2008, 07:19:00 AM »
Originally posted by VA Bowbender:
...And dang my hide if I didn't throw it away just before I found out that Ron was back in business.  I wish I still had it now!
     :banghead:    
Know what you mean. I can have something 20 years and and not have used it the entire time then decide I don't need it and get rid of it and dang if not long after that I'll need it.  That fuels my pack rat tendencies and drives my wife nuts!    :biglaugh:        :biglaugh:

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©