3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: DAS on order  (Read 1297 times)

Offline coyote Tim

• Trad Bowhunter
DAS on order
« on: January 30, 2007, 09:51:00 PM »
I put myname on the waiting list, for a new DAS master hunter.   anybody know how long it will take  Whatever it is.. I'm sure its well worth the wait.  

I picked one up at Kalamazoo and it felt sooooo good. The looks of this bow shouts STEALTH!   And then watching master of the bare bow just confirmed the feelings I have for this bow..

David just seems down to earth and so aproachable.   I wanted to talk to him but he seemed really busy, I talked to John for a while and he showed me the three rivers version. but it didn't seem like the real thing. I mean don't get me wrong its a lovely bow but Its kinda like buying a new Corvette without the options..

but everyday is going to seem like eternity till I get my hands on MINE  :banghead:

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: DAS on order
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2007, 09:55:00 PM »
I think he is 9-10 months out right now.
TGMM Family of the Bow
For hunting to have a future, we must invest ourselves in future hunters.

Offline coyote Tim

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2007, 12:04:00 AM »
There almost seems to  be a cult-like following of these bows.    

They are  a work of structural art.

Offline mqqse

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2007, 12:09:00 AM »
Countdown for me is less than 30 days.........patience...........patience..........patience

Offline Jaeger

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2007, 12:15:00 AM »
You have to shoot one Tim. Then you will understand.
There are faster bows on the market. There are prettier bows on the market. I don't think there is a more shootable bow anywhere though.

Smooth, stable draw. Totally dead on release. Quiet. Infinitely tunable and adaptable to any style of shooting. All that and tough as nails!

If the Special Forces were to issue a bow, I think this would be the one.

I figured that hoopla over the DAS was part truth and lots of hype until I shot one. It's not hype. The bow is more than the sum of it's parts.
TGMM Family of the Bow
United Bowhunters of PA

Offline Jaeger

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2007, 12:18:00 AM »
If anyone is going to the Harrisburg, PA Sportsman's show I'll be there next Tuesday with my DAS. I thought I'd try my hand at the 3d course. I'd be happy to let you shoot it.
TGMM Family of the Bow
United Bowhunters of PA

Offline kawika b

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2007, 12:23:00 AM »
i've got one lined up(me hopes)and was wondering if any movement in the bows mechanical parts would need to be watched during extended shooting. any precautions you DAS owners take to contend with things of this nature? i'm refering to bolts,screws or any other threaded adjustment that'd need to be watched.
Nana ka maka;
ho`olohe ka pepeiao;
pa`a ka waha.

Observe with the eyes;
listen with the ears;
shut the mouth.

Thus one learns>>>------>TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline coyote Tim

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2007, 12:39:00 AM »
The antisipation is dang near over-whelming.  my little black bow just doesn't seem so excitable anymore!!!

Offline Jaeger

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2007, 01:58:00 AM »
The DAS is pretty much set and forget. I haven't experienced any movement or loosening of any parts.
There are set screws on both sides of each of the limb bolts. After you have everything set up the way you want it (if you buy one new David will pre set everything to your specs) you tighten down the set screws and everything is locked in place. No adjustments are needed when you are removing or replaceing the limbs. Just slide them into place, tighten down the retaining screws and string it up. Retighten the retaining screws and you are ready to go. It couldn't be simpler.
TGMM Family of the Bow
United Bowhunters of PA

Offline MikeC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2007, 05:31:00 AM »
Yep...I have a second generation DAS and there is not much to do other than shoot it once the limbs are on and the bow is strung.  I have short and meduim length limbs and no adjustment is required when switching back and forth, one set is 40lbs at my draw the other 50lbs.

As far as the wait goes I believe it's close to or over a year now before you actually receive it, could be wrong but I don't think so.

I just copied and pasted this from Dave's site.

Custom Signature Bows

I am currently not accepting any new orders for custom bows.  By Mid 2007 I may be again.  If you want to place an order on the waiting list you can fill out the order form below and send it.  I won't be taking any money at this time, but you will be notified in order when bows become available again.  When you get to "payments" just select the money order option.

Thanks!,

David
1 Corinthians 1:18

For the word of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us who are saved it is the power of God.

Offline Dan Worden

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2007, 07:13:00 AM »
David told me around Oct delivery for current orders.  But after the floodgates opened at K-zoo maybe he meant 2008.  :rolleyes:

Offline JC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2007, 08:55:00 AM »
Mine should be here in about 2 months. Eagerly anticipating it's arrival to prove all the glowing reviews for myself. First bow I've ever bought that I didin't shoot first.
"Being there was good enough..." Charlie Lamb reflecting on a hunt
TGMM Brotherhood of the Bow

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©