3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: question about quivers  (Read 433 times)

Offline fredbear1969

• Trad Bowhunter
question about quivers
« on: December 24, 2007, 10:54:00 PM »
i am planning on getting a 3 piece take-down longbow.will a selway bolt quiver fit a take-down longbow? i have one on my curve and was thinking about putting one this too.i really like the fit and function of these quivers.

Offline Rob DiStefano

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Contributing Member
    • Cavalier Pickups
Re: question about quivers
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2007, 11:48:00 AM »
I've seen and used the Selway with TD longbows, but instead I bought an Eagle's Flight Cherokee for my 3pc Horne TD longbow, $66.  I like this bow quiver a LOT!

IAM ~ The only government I trust is my .45-70 ... and my 1911.

Offline foxbo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2007, 02:55:00 PM »
That's a top notch looking quiver.
N/A

Offline Matty

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2007, 04:20:00 PM »
I'm wanting one of those for myself..2 actually, The one pictured and the velcro on version.  I have tried the Selway made my Bow shoot really bad, Weather it was the weight.. Or.. Bulk Or..I dunno I really gave it a fair shot,. The other thing is..I ALWAYS see them for sale.  Now I know that there are alot out there and they have been out for a while.  But .... Maybe people have the same issue I have had??

Offline Rob DiStefano

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Contributing Member
    • Cavalier Pickups
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2007, 04:50:00 PM »
I also have a Velcro EF bow quiver and use it for both another TD longbow and 1pc longbow - these are extremely lightweight and rugged bow quivers that work ... they're really that good to get my attention, since typically I don't like any form of bow quiver.  Now I'm a bow quiver convert.    :thumbsup:    :thumbsup:    :D

Offline fredbear1969

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2007, 08:11:00 PM »
where can i get one of those quivers?

Offline Rob DiStefano

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Contributing Member
    • Cavalier Pickups
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2007, 08:52:00 PM »
Eagle's Flight Archery is a Trad Gang Sponsor - see the spin menu at the top of the page.

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2007, 09:30:00 PM »
If you like bigger broadheads EFA has teamed up with another sponsor, Tim Roberts, to make these beauties.

TGMM Family of the Bow
For hunting to have a future, we must invest ourselves in future hunters.

Offline 2fletch

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2007, 01:38:00 PM »
Matty, I can understand your concern about a bow quiver can change how your bow feels in hand, and especially how it affects how the bow shoots. I had the same experience years ago and thought that I'd never try a bow quiver again.

Then we started making the (Eagle's Flight Archery) "Mini" series. They weighed about 3.2 ounces and you absolutely could not tell they were on the bow. Since then we have added several standard 4 arrow models and even 2 jumbo 4 arrow models. Most of these weigh under 5 ounces and still don't change how the bow shoots.

Recently I retested our EFA quiver versus one of our competitors quiver. I also had a friend of mine to participate as well. (He is a very qualified archer who owned a successful business manufacturing components for compound bows.)He shot a Horne longbow whereas I shot a very lightweight horsebow made by Lucas at Saluki. We shot three arrows each at a one inch bullseye at about 12 yards distance.

With a bare bow the 3 arrows for each of us was about a 1" group right in the bullseye. With the EFA 4 arrow "Navajo" quivers on the bows, (weighing about 4.4 ounces" the results were the same with no change in how they shot. Then, with a competitor quiver (weighing about 9 ounce, but touted as a lightweight) the same 3 arrows were shot again. This time they impacted 2 - 1/2 inches to the left of the bullseye, again consistent with both bows. At 15-16 yards that distance grew to about 3 -4 inches. I believe that it would be safe to say that at 20 yards you would be off about 4 -5 inches.

You can get used to your bow not shooting where you point it, but there are a lot of us who don't want to go there. That's who we sell to.

Rob, it looks like your getting good use of those quivers. Don't you like Tim Roberts work? He's a great guy to work with.

Offline Rob DiStefano

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Contributing Member
    • Cavalier Pickups
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2007, 08:49:00 AM »
Originally posted by 2fletch:
...  Rob, it looks like your getting good use of those quivers. Don't you like Tim Roberts work? He's a great guy to work with.
I'm SO hooked on EFA quivers, what a pleasure to use, they have zero effect on my shooting and I could never say that before with other bow quivers.  Tim's craftsmanship is Top Notch, as are the materials.  If it wasn't for you guys, I'd still be messing with side and back quivers - it's all yer fault!  LOL!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©