3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Awesome Christmas!!!.......Have a few ?  (Read 205 times)

Offline New to Traditional

• Trad Bowhunter
Awesome Christmas!!!.......Have a few ?
« on: December 25, 2007, 07:01:00 PM »
Hey all hope you had a great Christmas.Got a new baby,Jordan Stalker TD 60" 57 @28"(bow is awesome payerbow).Along with her I got dozen new beman mx4 340 shafts cut to 30" no inserts(Bass Pro Outlet Store).Anyway I'd like to set her up with Snuffers.My 62" 54@28" Jordan tuned out an axis 340 At 31" with 125grs up front and a standard HIT insert.But I'm hoping to use at a least a 150 gr. head possibly more.Would also like to use 100 brass inserts all while keeping the shaft at 30".I know it would probably come out weak this way but wanted your alls opinion before I waste money.My other question is about files. I've always used replaceable blade razor type broadheads.So These would be my first traditional type heads and would also like to go with a more burred,coarse edge.Is the Grober file 3rivers sales a decent start.I would sharpen the way Charlie Lamb shows but without moving to the stone and croc stick and just lighten my strokes before finish.Or should I buy a stone and stick?And if so wich ones?I'm open to any and all suggestions.  :thumbsup:  

Thank you all for bearing with me,
Ethan
Dont shoot feather light arras,shoot railroad ties.

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Awesome Christmas!!!.......Have a few ?
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2007, 02:26:00 PM »
ttt

Offline Charlie Lamb

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2007, 09:21:00 AM »
Ethan... someone else can answer your tuning questions as I'm far from expert on that.

As for sharpening... Just go to a big hardware store and buy a file big/wide enough for the Snuffers.

I personally love the edge I get from using just the file, though a few light strokes on the crock stick (or the bottem of a coffee mug... no joke.)Will really "set up" the edge and remove any wire edge that's left on the blade.
Hunt Sharp

Charlie

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2007, 01:56:00 PM »
Thanks Charlie!
Will do.

Offline John C Keith

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2007, 02:06:00 PM »
Coffee mug... huh, never thought of that.  Makes sense... great tip.  Thanks for sharing.    :bigsmyl:
Michigan Traditional Bowhunters
Michigan Bowhunters

Its not about the weapon used, its about the adventure involved.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©