3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: huntin camps??  (Read 2725 times)

Offline Gaff

• Trad Bowhunter
huntin camps??
« on: December 26, 2007, 10:14:00 PM »
i have always wanted to have my own hunting camp (cabin),and some day i just might.  :smileystooges:    :wavey:    :campfire:
----------------->>>>>>>
Jamie

Offline Killdeer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: huntin camps??
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2007, 10:20:00 PM »

Got no land for a cabin, no money to build one. I keep spending it on bows.  :(    :D  

Killdeer
Long, long afterward, in an oak I found the arrow, still unbroke;
And the song, from beginning to end, I found again in the heart of a friend.

~Longfellow

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline John C Keith

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2007, 10:32:00 PM »
Ah yes.  I often day dream about owning a camp as well.  Figure I need to get a house first!  LOL  

Recently I have received some nice news,   :readit:   and I think I have figured out how I am going to get my camp in northern Michigan, but it is still several years away.  

This could be interesting.  I have been in a few rifle camps, how do the trad guys do'er?   :campfire:      

Stay safe
Michigan Traditional Bowhunters
Michigan Bowhunters

Its not about the weapon used, its about the adventure involved.

Offline Gaff

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2007, 10:37:00 PM »
i didnt even think about that kathryn! that does look like quite an adventure.  :thumbsup:  
for me its not so much about the "hunting" that goes along with the hunting camp. but its the wakin up in the middle of the night and stokin the woodstove, the sights and smells, drinkin instant coffee,no electricity, listnen to the radio and tellin stories with your friends. i look at it like goin back in time i guess i would say!! ( i hope that doesnt sound to corny!!!!)  :campfire:    :coffee:
----------------->>>>>>>
Jamie

Offline Glaisnock

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2007, 10:43:00 PM »

No fancy Camp though in this place you would love one , Fiordland New Zealand where rain is measured in feet per year not inches , this year 11.5 feet.

Offline bunyan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2007, 12:45:00 AM »
Glaisnock, looks like a bear raided your camp!  I don't have a permanent camp, either but have spent some time in camps owned (at least in part) by some of my friends.  Some of them are nice, but when they aren't your own you can't have things just the way you'd like.  Of course a wall tent and stove would be a possability for portability, comfort, less worry about vandals, less taxes, and you wouldn't need two of everything like with a permanent cabin.  But then you do still have to haul it around, set up, take down, and store it.  I guess that I too have the dream of having a northwoods camp.  And it is anything but corny to enjoy the romance of the wilderness!  I like ron la clair's set up (from what I've seen in pics on this forum).

Offline Ron LaClair

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2007, 08:22:00 AM »
We live in the present, we dream of the future, but we learn eternal truths from the past
When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.
Life is like a wet sponge, you gotta squeeze it until you get every drop it has to offer

Offline killinstuff

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2007, 08:26:00 AM »
Killdeer, that tent is bigger then my house lol.
lll

Offline Matt Fowler

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2007, 08:33:00 AM »

My camp in Tioga County, PA

Offline Ron LaClair

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2007, 08:33:00 AM »

We live in the present, we dream of the future, but we learn eternal truths from the past
When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.
Life is like a wet sponge, you gotta squeeze it until you get every drop it has to offer

Offline Matt Fowler

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2007, 08:35:00 AM »

Small cabin my buddy built in Bradford county, PA

Offline Ron LaClair

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2007, 08:37:00 AM »

Looking from Armstrong Creek

Armstrong Creek

Offline Matt Fowler

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2007, 09:14:00 AM »

Lavish interior:)

Offline Gaff

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2007, 09:22:00 AM »
im really enjoying this thread so far!! there is deffinatly a differance between some of the camps. i noticed there was a laptop computer in one of rons pics. and matts friends camp i believe has a dirt floor.
the  one common thing about all of the camps so far....i would have just as much fun stayin at anyone of them.. and thats the gods honest thuth!!!  :readit:  
keep the pics commin everyone, im goin out to take my muzzleloader for a walk,but ill be sure to check it as soon as i get home!  :wavey:    :coffee:
----------------->>>>>>>
Jamie

Offline Ron LaClair

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2007, 09:33:00 AM »
i noticed there was a laptop computer in one of rons pics.  
Tim Cosgrove brought his laptop so we could look at the pictures we took with out digital cameras. Shrew Haven has no electricity, we have gas lights and a gas cook stove that runs off two 100# gas tanks. Heat is from a Fisher wood stove that has been tested in well below zero temps. Cell phones don't even work in this remote area but we are as happy as if we were in our right minds.    :smileystooges: ...   :biglaugh:

Offline **DONOTDELETE**

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2007, 09:39:00 AM »
Oregon Hunting camps can give you the blues sometimes.....These tarps are very popular...

Offline Smilingg

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2007, 12:33:00 PM »
It took my buddies and me about 25 years to get it right. Here it is:

Offline Smilingg

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2007, 12:37:00 PM »
By the way, that is a Super Shrew Gold on top of the couch in the previous photo...

Here is another view of the cabin. That old wood stove in the corner will heat the place into the 80 degree range and about drive you out into the cold. We do have electricity for refrigerator, stove and light...

Offline Smilingg

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2007, 12:42:00 PM »
Here's the front door. I forgot to mention that we have satellite TV and a fan...

There are 2 bedrooms upstairs that sleep 6...

Offline Smilingg

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: December 27, 2007, 12:55:00 PM »
We have a deck that we practice shooting off of. You can see my 3-D deer target about 15 yards from the deck near the storage shed. We keep our treestands, etc. in there.

Below the deck there are 2 sets of winches and gambrels for hanging game. You can't see it in this photo, but we also scrounged up a 14 foot long, 3 foot wide aluminum table for butchering game. A restaurant went out of business and liquidated some of its equiment.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©