3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: huntin camps??  (Read 2731 times)

Offline varmint

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: huntin camps??
« Reply #20 on: December 27, 2007, 12:59:00 PM »
WOW!!

I could live there full time....
Bowhunting......A way of life and death.

Offline John C Keith

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: December 27, 2007, 01:59:00 PM »
Great pictures guys.  

Mr. LaClair I admired your camp on your website awhile ago.  The location alone is worth gold.  Not to mention the history and quality.

George I also love your camp.  Looks nicer that my house!  I would like to have a camp like either of yours, somewhere I can take friends and family to relax, not just hunt.

Matt Fowler your camp is very unique.  I will be sending a PM shortly inquiring about it.

Thanks all and keep them coming.  Helps me dream more and more!

Stay safe!
Michigan Traditional Bowhunters
Michigan Bowhunters

Its not about the weapon used, its about the adventure involved.

Offline Longbeard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: December 27, 2007, 02:14:00 PM »
In the process of buying my camp right now.  1.1 acres of land w/a 10x48 house trailer currently on it in the middle of 60,000 acres of timber company land in Randolph County WV.  After we pay for what's already there, we'll have 5K right off the top to start work on our own cabin so we can get rid of the trailer.  Can't wait till it's all settled.

Offline Matt Fowler

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: December 27, 2007, 02:48:00 PM »
Special Hunter's Cabin Door Handle

Offline doctari

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: December 27, 2007, 06:08:00 PM »

Deer and Elk camp in Montana
"So long as the new moon returns in heavan a bent, beautiful bow, so long will the fascination of archery keep hold the hearts of men."   Maurice Thompson The Witchery of Archery

Offline doctari

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: December 27, 2007, 06:13:00 PM »

It got down in the single digit's most night's. Nothing like a warm fire,good book, and some cabernet. I was solo for two weeks. Seen alot of game and brought home many fine memories. Mark
"So long as the new moon returns in heavan a bent, beautiful bow, so long will the fascination of archery keep hold the hearts of men."   Maurice Thompson The Witchery of Archery

Offline horatio1226

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: December 27, 2007, 06:58:00 PM »
I'm assuming that trad does not apply to hunting camps! I gotta get me one o' them.
"So long as the moon returns to the heavens in a bent, beautiful arc, so long will the fascination with archery in man lasts."

Offline Migra Bill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: December 27, 2007, 07:09:00 PM »
Lot's of people own this one. It's my little slice of heaven on the Maryland/West Virginia border. When I am in the truck and I even turn down the road to the cabin - I get warm all over.

Offline LC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: December 27, 2007, 09:38:00 PM »

Hopefully this pic comes thru. Simple but works for me
Most people get rich by making more money than they have needs, me, I just reduced my needs!

Offline LC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: December 27, 2007, 09:45:00 PM »
Wasn't sure if the picture would come through. But it's a homemade wall tent made out of over the counter tarps complete with a wood burner! Can have it smoking hot in there in no time. Thats a homemade recurve and used a homemade knife to skin and butcher that particular deer.Do my own taxidermy also. Now if I could just make a homemade  tree stand that equals the LW!
Most people get rich by making more money than they have needs, me, I just reduced my needs!

Offline pronghorn23

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: December 27, 2007, 09:50:00 PM »
Kirk,
My eyes must be playing tricks on me. In your second photo I'm assuming the man on the right is leaning on moss covered stump.

Or is he holding up some sort of green hairy bobcat looking thing by the back of the legs as the others sit and admire it?

I've heard reports of Sasquatch out that way but nothing like that  :)    :scared:

Offline Killdeer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: December 27, 2007, 10:55:00 PM »
"Killdeer, that tent is bigger then my house lol."

Bigger'n mine, too!
Killdeer~laughing just a little...   :banghead:
Long, long afterward, in an oak I found the arrow, still unbroke;
And the song, from beginning to end, I found again in the heart of a friend.

~Longfellow

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline ks_stickbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: December 27, 2007, 11:33:00 PM »
I'm just wondering if you guys that are showing pics of these large elaborate campsites.....do you guys just wonder up somewhere in the woods and toss up your tents (I know I am oversimplifying it)?

Maybe we just don't have enough woods around Kansas, but I can't imagine how awesome it would be to put a tent where you want to and not on a predesignated camping lot with a gravel drive and campsite number.

Offline Killdeer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: December 28, 2007, 05:09:00 AM »
You can camp anywhere in the National Forest, with a few restrictions. I think you have to be a certain distance from a stream, you can't block a trailhead or trail, and you can't camp too close to a permanent structure, like a fire tower or other FS building.

Some wildlife management areas have similar provisions. Contact the Forest Service or State Game commission for details.
Killdeer

~Longfellow

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline IB

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: December 28, 2007, 10:13:00 AM »

Offline Killdeer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: December 28, 2007, 02:19:00 PM »
I believe I would cozy up to the Indian camp, Vance. I could hear wind whistling in the second pic. Brrrrr!

Killdeer  :campfire:

~Longfellow

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline Problem Child

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: December 28, 2007, 09:00:00 PM »
Great thread.I've been wanting to buy a small piece of land and build a camp somewhere close to the Public land that I hunt.Keep the pictures coming.
"Right Wing Extremists"....has a nice ring to it don't it?

Offline **DONOTDELETE**

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: December 28, 2007, 09:27:00 PM »
Originally posted by pronghorn23:
Kirk,
My eyes must be playing tricks on me. In your second photo I'm assuming the man on the right is leaning on moss covered stump.

Or is he holding up some sort of green hairy bobcat looking thing by the back of the legs as the others sit and admire it?

I've heard reports of Sasquatch out that way but nothing like that   :)      :scared:  
You wont believe the answer to your question, which in fact leads to a much longer story i shall post in the near future.....but this is a piece of vine maple i harvested in hunting camp....I told my hunting partnes son Nick to "Hold on to this" and took the picture....Then i told him i was going to make some bows from this hairy chunk of wood for his kids.....they are ages 2 and 4 years old....this is what that piece of wood looks like now...

There are more photos and more to the story....but this will give you an idea....

Offline Whip

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: December 28, 2007, 09:37:00 PM »
Base Camp

Spike Camp

PBS Regular Member
WTA Life Member
In the end, it is not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. Abraham Lincoln.

Offline pronghorn23

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: December 29, 2007, 12:30:00 AM »
Beautiful bows Kirk...now I can't wait for the story. I figured it had to be something good the way he's holding it up and everyone looking on.

These camp photos are great..keeps me daydreaming.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©