3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Anyone one else ready for Turkey season?  (Read 2303 times)

Offline tmccall

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Anyone one else ready for Turkey season?
« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2007, 11:51:00 PM »
I hung the shotgun up last year and chased the big
Tom's with a stick and a string.  No kill... but tremendous fun -- can't wait to do it again!  BTW  Archery Turkey season is still open in Arkansas, I came to full draw a week and a half ago on a real nice Tom with a 10" beard.  I just couldn't get the shot I needed and had to let him walk...
Tony McCall

Jesus.  There is no other name...  Acts 4:12

Offline 702plmo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2007, 01:05:00 AM »
I will have the LDB during the first part of turkey season.  But I am really looking forward to our youth Turkey season this year.  It will be my sons first season with a bow and he will have the LDB with him during the youth season.   I have got a great new place to hunt this year.   I CAN NOT WAIT!!!!!!!!!

Also,  I just got a Montana Turkey decoy.  It is pretty cool.   It folds up and you can almost get it in your back pocket.     It is a big ol' tom in full strut.  It looks very good.  I will be practicing with it at a statepark before season comes in to see how the birds react to it.    Good Luck to all
No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
Thomas Jefferson
The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline strick9

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2007, 01:21:00 AM »
Hogs first, March 21-24 , then the feathered ones, all fair chase, then the feathered ones, just beat off 4 of the human race, one swollen left eye.tongue lacerated, Range 1-2 yrds.
“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing”

Offline trh1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: February 01, 2007, 03:01:00 AM »
I purty much stay ready. I keep a diaphram in my pocket everywhere I go year round. I didnt use a bow when i was shootin a compound;;this year I was planning on shootin 3 with my smoke pole and then I would still have 2 left for my bow. 5 is the limit here..Of course I got to get *1 first.

Offline UK Bowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2007, 08:14:00 AM »
Looking forward to trying it out for the first time!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©