3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Different Curve  (Read 324 times)

Offline BUCK-EYE

• Trad Bowhunter
Different Curve
« on: December 27, 2007, 11:40:00 PM »
I just cut my string gruve`s in on my longbow. The brace hieght`s measure with in 1/4" from each other. But I layed the bow down and trace the limbs from the center point there is a 5/16" difference in the shape of the limbs. I notice it when I strung the bow up tonight. Is it being cause by the form that I used or is there something I can do about it? Thanks Don

Offline Dave Worden

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Different Curve
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2007, 10:58:00 AM »
Don,
Not sure I should be helping someone from Ohio, but sometimes we Michiganders are so nice we can't help ourselves.  If you talking about a fiberglas laminated bow, the lower limb is often 1/4" lower than the upper.  Since the lower limb is longer than the upper, it has to be a little stronger to pull evenly.  That being said, if you need to weaken the strong limb, sand judiciously on the belly of the strong limb.  Sanding the belly is a very slow way to change the draw wt. but it's a lot safer than narrowing a limb.  Narrowing a limb will accomplish the same thing, but it's easy to take off too much, too fast.  The belly's safer.  Good Luck.
"If I was afraid of a challenge, I'd put sights on my bow!"

Offline BUCK-EYE

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Different Curve
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2007, 07:31:00 PM »
Dave, I love everything about Michigan, except that football team.(maze& blue)I am so close to the line, I could hit Mich. with a rock. Thanks for the help. I am going to start sanding the bottom limb tonight. This is my first longbow and something didnt look right. Thanks again for the help.Don                                                    P.S.- Watch out for Gator`s they bite hard!  :scared:

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©