3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: PBS Banquet Donations  (Read 3440 times)

Offline Kevin Bahr

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: PBS Banquet Donations
« Reply #100 on: March 11, 2008, 10:03:00 AM »
Howdy Big Man.  The Choctaw bow was made by Jerry.  It was donated to the 1990 PBS banquet and purchased there by former PBS Councilman Chris McFadden.  He is very graciously and generously "re-gifting" it.  It has never been shot...yet.  
Might be just your size!

Offline Ken E.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #101 on: March 11, 2008, 10:35:00 AM »
Here is a picture of the bow that I am finishing up for doantion.  It is a 66" LH longbow that is 56# @ 28".  The riser is Bocote and Wenge and the limbs are Maple and Zebrawood.

Offline Marty

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #102 on: March 11, 2008, 10:51:00 AM »
Biggie, There goes your allowance!! You need that bow! And I know what you'll do with it too!

Offline Biggie Hoffman

• SRBZ
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #103 on: March 11, 2008, 02:10:00 PM »
Marty...maybe you should buy it. It might get you some priveleges you've been anxious about.

Thanks Kevin....see you soon
PBS Life Member
Member 1K LLC

"If you are twenty and aren't liberal you don't have a heart...if you're forty and not conservative you don't have a brain".....Winston Churchill

Offline inrut

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #104 on: March 11, 2008, 05:43:00 PM »
Here is a picture of the Take Down Recurve that I made for the PBS 2008 banquet. The riser is Pau Rosa and Wenge with accents of Maple and Wenge. The limbs are Red Elm cores with Kingwood veneers. The draw weight is #57 @ 28”. I will not be able to attend but hope everyone has a great time!

Online Jack Denbow

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #105 on: March 11, 2008, 06:37:00 PM »
WOW Monte That bow is beautiful.  :thumbsup:
PBS Associate member
TGMM Family of the Bow
Life is good in the mountains

Offline Kevin Bahr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #106 on: March 11, 2008, 06:44:00 PM »
Beautiful bows, Ken and Monte!  Thank you!  Monty, you NEED to come over man.  It's only a few hours drive for you!  
Thanks to all of our generous donors.  The list of items and trips is simply amazing!

Offline Kevin Bahr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #107 on: March 12, 2008, 04:08:00 AM »
Check this out!  This just in...  a hog/Osceola turkey hunt in South Central Florida with Marty McMahon and Gene Wensel...!  Another fantastic donation!  Thanks, Marty!  And Gene!

Offline Kevin Bahr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #108 on: March 13, 2008, 10:02:00 AM »
Two, count 'em...2! Youth recurve bows, one righty and one lefty from Dale and Sandie Karch at 3 Rivers Archery...
Thanks, Dale and Sandie!

Offline Fletcher

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #109 on: March 16, 2008, 02:55:00 PM »
I just finished a dozen "Yellow Jackets" for PBS.  Matched and tapered PO Cedar, selected as the best from a large stash.  67-69 lb spine; 435-454 gr w/o points.    :archer:  

Good judgement comes from experience.  Experience comes from bad judgement.

"The next best thing to playing and winning is playing and losing."

"An archer doesn't have to be a bowhunter, but a bowhunter should be an archer."

Offline Wary Buck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #110 on: March 16, 2008, 03:57:00 PM »
PBSers--
I ended up sending two signed and donated copies of my new (first) book, My Neck of the Woods.  I am also sending 24 copies to the Banquet with Gene and Barry, for those who don't want to roll the dice with the door prize drawings!  Ads in the PBS and Compton magazines forthcoming as well.  It is my pleasure to donate to the PBS and
it pains me that I cannot be there due to my track coaching position...I think I have finally made the decision to cut that cord for next year which would free me up to spend more time with my own kids, chase spring turkeys and shed antlers more, and maybe get to a PBS Banquet finally!

Have a great time,
Bryce Lambley

P.S.  I should add that those arrows directly above look pretty cool.  They're TEAM colors (gold/black) for the high school I teach at and I've often fletched shafts using the same color combos as my favorite 'teams.'
"Here's a picture of me when I was younger."
"Heck, every picture is of you when you were younger."
--from Again to Carthage, John L. Parker, Jr.

Offline Fletcher

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #111 on: March 16, 2008, 05:06:00 PM »
Thanks Bryce,  If I get there early enuf, I'll have to snag a copy.
Good judgement comes from experience.  Experience comes from bad judgement.

"The next best thing to playing and winning is playing and losing."

"An archer doesn't have to be a bowhunter, but a bowhunter should be an archer."

Offline Kevin Bahr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #112 on: March 17, 2008, 04:06:00 AM »
Thanks Rick and Bryce!  I need some new arrows and I will definitely be getting a new book.  One can never have too many books, bows or arrows.  Or tags.  Or hunting trips.  
Bryce, here's what you need to do:  just tell the kids, run fast, turn left.  Then come to Pittsburgh when they're not looking...!

Offline Kevin Bahr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #113 on: March 17, 2008, 08:12:00 PM »
Just found out, an awesome scrimshawed antler bolo tie made and donated by Brian Tessman...
Thanks, Brian!  Had a blast hanging out with you at the WTA banquet!

Offline Nook

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #114 on: March 18, 2008, 03:19:00 PM »
Check out the pictures of the Schafer bow Dave and Beth are donating:

http://tradgang.com/noncgi/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=48;t=000551

Thank you...  Beautiful bow, great people
"After all, it is not the killing that brings satisfaction; it is the contest of skill and cunning. The true hunter counts his achievement in proportion to the effort involved and the fairness of the sport." Dr. Saxton Pope
PBS Regular

Offline Forester

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #115 on: March 18, 2008, 04:00:00 PM »
Awesome generosity and a wonderful bow!  That will be respected and appreciated (and a little coveted I'm sure).  Thank you Dave, Beth and Jake.

Thanks for the link Nook.  See you soon!
"A conservationist is one who is humbly aware that with each stroke of his axe he is writing his signature on the face of his land." - Aldo Leopold -

Offline Beth Windauer

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #116 on: March 18, 2008, 05:06:00 PM »
Hello,
Just wanted to post some pictures of the bow we are donating to PBS for their upcoming gathering in Pittsburgh. We will be sorry to miss it and hope all going have a great time and safe travels!
This particular bow is a 64" Schafer Silvertip 3 pc longbow that is 51# @ 28". It has a walnut dymondwood riser with rosewood dymondwood flare, a checkered grip, moose antler tips and camphor burl limbs. In addition to the bow you will notice a beautiful scrimshaw of Paul that was done by Paul Schafer's nephew Jake Bertelsen. Thanks Jake for your donation and for making this a truly one of a kind bow.
I don't know how PBS plans on utilizing this donation as far as raffle tickets, auction etc but thought those going may want a sneak preview!
Thanks,
Beth Windauer

Offline Steve O

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #117 on: March 18, 2008, 05:15:00 PM »
Somebody want to bid on that one for me???

Offline Kevin Bahr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #118 on: March 18, 2008, 07:22:00 PM »
Beth, not to worry...somehow I don't think your (and Dave's) awesome donation will be in the general raffle.  
Have a blast in Hawaii and don't bring home any lava rocks!  
Thank you again for the beautiful donation and thanks to Jake as well for his talents to make this truly a special bow!

Offline Bryan Burkhardt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #119 on: March 18, 2008, 09:09:00 PM »
Steve,

I'll bid on it for you!

Let me give you my bank routing instructions for you to deposit the check  :)
You can increase your wealth by counting your blessings

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©