3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: jackrabit fever  (Read 306 times)

Offline trad kid

• Trad Bowhunter
jackrabit fever
« on: December 28, 2007, 09:46:00 PM »
man last week i was deer hunting ith my dad and there was a jack about 40 yards away i got a nise under the lung shot and it ran of a bit before it died. then i see another one i fliing aroows at it from a far distance and i stopped and remebered im deer hunting not jackrabbit hunt i can always hunt them later. so we went again today saw a couble nice bucks and a spike we got pretty close to them but no shot. so we head over the ridge then another jack pops up i was trying to stop my self from shooting at them all day because i lost 2 arrows last time one of them was the one that i shot the coyote with but that is on another post. i t was 45 yards kinda far for me so i told my dad to shoot it with his compound the arrow hit a twig and the jack wasnt even spooked. so i had to take the shot i shot a perfect lung shot and the arrow passed through. he started running then he sopped i pulled the next arrow out of my quiver and it was a steal blunt so i thought i have to aim for a head shot i hit right in the head at 25 yards it ran again not even hurt so i picked up the first arrow and agian plassed another arrow under the lugs it ran under a tree and we waited for 15 minnutes for it to bed down. we ended up chacing after that thing for about 35 min and we lost him. i lost 2 arrows agian thats 4 aroow on to days. these jacks are to tuff and i cant stop going after them.

Offline trad kid

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: jackrabit fever
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2008, 09:00:00 PM »
is there any small game that when u see it u just have to go after it

Offline JBiorn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2008, 09:01:00 PM »
I have severe Jackrabbit troubles, too!

Online Over&Under

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2008, 09:32:00 PM »
Them jacks are hard to pass up!!
“Elk (add hogs to the list) are not hard to hit....they're just easy to miss"          :)
TGMM

Offline R.W.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2008, 12:14:00 PM »
The landowner of a place I hunt has asked that I shoot any jackrabbit I see.   :bigsmyl:

The ones I have shot are just crawling with lice, and ticks.    :(

As these things are so lousey, I haven't tried eating them, so don't know how they would taste.

Another fellow whose land I hunt has requested that I take out his raccoon population, as they are killing off his barn cats, and destroying his pheasant nests. Guess I will be trying to stick some raccoons.   :thumbsup:

Offline tamure

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2008, 05:46:00 PM »
I love going after jacks. They are challenging with a stickbow. I've actually eaten a couple, and they are not bad. A good way to eat them is to make BBQ pulled "pork" sandwiches out of them. I have a crockpot recipe I'll have to dig out, where you cook one all day in brown sugar, french onion soup, and BBQ sauce. The meat falls off the bone and is quite tender that way.
Directions: Hike, camp, hunt, fish, wash, rinse, repeat.

Offline trad kid

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2008, 11:33:00 PM »
yeah these something weird about jacks. ill see a ground squirl and just ignore it. i think the feeling of knowing you can get a jack with your stickbow is just awsome. because the shot has to be perfect

Offline wahoo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2008, 08:02:00 PM »
shot a bunch of jacks last year and they eat good. I used cranberries and french dressing and slow cooked them in a crock pot. I then served them over pasta or rice , real good.I am going in the morning

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©