3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Temperature and Performance  (Read 208 times)

Offline mp

• Trad Bowhunter
Temperature and Performance
« on: December 29, 2007, 10:31:00 AM »
Curious to hear if someone knows the affects temperature has on the performance of traditional gear.  summer days here are up near 100 and winter days (like right now) have lows in single digits and highs in the low 30's.  
thanks all!
"let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith"
— Hebrews 12:1-2

Offline BenBow

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Temperature and Performance
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2007, 10:37:00 AM »
Hi Mike. I don't know if there have been any tests to determine a difference but when I used to live in Nebraska I hunted with temps down to -20 and the only  performance decline I noticed was with me. After sitting in a treestand in that kind of cold it was extremely hard to draw my bow.
But his bow will remain steady, and his hands will be skillful; because of the hands of the Mighty One of Jacob, because of the Shepherd, the Rock of Israel,  (Genesis 49:24 [NETfree])

Offline Al Dean

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2007, 11:01:00 AM »
temp has an effect, if for no other reason than the air is much more dense when it is cold.  Also bow material would become less flexible with cold.  Is this all enough to make a difference or is it just my mind looking for excuses?  My mind gets #1 and weather #2.  I do however increase my point weight or lower my arrow spine when I plan on hunting below feezing.  Personal preference only.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Dirty Bill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2007, 11:19:00 AM »
I never worried about it.   :campfire:

Offline mp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2007, 11:28:00 AM »
interesting.  i know the cold (or heat for that matter) hasn't ever stopped me from hunting niether.
"let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith"
— Hebrews 12:1-2

Offline Bill Carlsen

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2007, 11:31:00 AM »
One of the benefits of shooting bows equipped with ILF carbon/foam limbs is that they are engineered to be shooting in extreme conditions and they are not affected by extreme temps or humidity changes.
The best things in life....aren't things!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©