3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: NJ winter bow scouting/ huntng outing pics added  (Read 16156 times)

Offline Recurve50LBS

• Trad Bowhunter
NJ winter bow scouting/ huntng outing pics added
« on: December 30, 2007, 05:44:00 PM »
I just wanted to say that I had a great time today out scouting with some NJ Trad Gangers. We met up at "Jumbo Land" for introductions.It was good to be able to put names to faces.    :scared:    I think we all made fast friends.

After we had a good breakfast and coffee off we went to do a days worth of pre-winter bow scouting.

We saw some real nice areas that all hold potential. I have an idea where I would like to try hunting next week. Could be the area we all posed for our group picture    :thumbsup:    

It was too bad that everyone could not make it today but thats ok. There will be other chances to get together in the future.

I can't wait to do a group hunt! Thanks to Tom and Ron for sharing your knowledge of the area with the bunch of us.

Larry
Turkey Creek Longbow
62" 45# @ 28"

Thunder Stick Mag
56" 45# @ 28"

Offline Sharpster

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: NJ winter bow scouting/ huntng outing pics added
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2007, 06:34:00 PM »
Larry,
I had a great time with all of you guys this morning. It was the closest thing that I've had to a day off in a long time. Just wish I could make the hunt next Saturday!

Tom's gonna post the pics of that little rub we saw.

Great meeting everyone, and I'm hoping that some of you will fling some arrows on the 5th.

:pray:    

-Ron
“We choose to do these things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard” — JFK

www.kmesharp.com

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Recurve50LBS

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2007, 06:41:00 PM »
Ron,

Good to meet you too. I will be in touch with you about you know what. lol I'm not sure if the Mods will let me say.

Larry
Turkey Creek Longbow
62" 45# @ 28"

Thunder Stick Mag
56" 45# @ 28"

Offline Deadbolt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2007, 07:40:00 PM »
had a blast today haven't laughed that hard in a while!

ron dont you worry arrows will fly!!!!  ill make sure of it and that area with the "lil" rub looks promising!

Offline bentpole

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2007, 08:04:00 PM »

Offline **DONOTDELETE**

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2007, 08:11:00 PM »
sorry I missed it..... I stuck out of town...Happy New Years to all

Offline bentpole

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2007, 08:13:00 PM »
Like I said Ron I should have taken photos of the whole rub line. What was there 6 or 7 trees? This guy wants to be sure no other bucks come around his territory.Bottom picture left to right  Larry- recurve 50Lbs ,Pete -non-typical,me- bentpole, Scott -southpaw shooter, Tom -deadbolt.Top picture Ron -Sharpster took the spot in the middle. Great day guys. Next Saturday wackum and stackum!I hope I don't have to work! Vaughn- deadsimple not in the picture.

Offline Deadbolt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2007, 08:15:00 PM »
i counted 8 in the rub line from start to finish not counting that big one ya got a picture of.

Offline bentpole

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2007, 08:20:00 PM »
Did everyone get that NJ Link I PM'ed you folks?I had to send Ron's twice.

Offline southpawshooter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2007, 08:25:00 PM »
Got it bentpole, thanks - good time today folks!  Tom nailed it, 8 rubs besides that one.
Scott F >>--->   @

"if the wood don't fly the bunny don't die" - Stone Knife, JLMBH 2008

Proud member of Team Pink

Offline **DONOTDELETE**

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2007, 08:36:00 PM »
I didn't get any link.

Offline Alex.B

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2007, 10:28:00 PM »
Tom,
Sorry I missed it ( I was doing  Christmas dinner/gifts with family)
Looks like you guys had fun. I hope to go this week  to get my license, walk around with bow/map/gps in hand
tgmm, tanj, compton, bha

Offline tomh

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2007, 03:19:00 AM »
Hey Recurve, I grew up in Boonton Twp. and took my first deer in Jefferson. Where are you guys hunting these days if not on private land?
Good luck next weekend to all.

Offline Recurve50LBS

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2007, 06:20:00 AM »
Hey Tomh,

Good to hear from another Boontonite. Did you go to BHS? What year did you graduate?
Well there are still a lot of deer in the township. Many deer are causing damage in town now because the B.T.P.D. chief closed all the Township public land to ANY type of hunting. No more hunting on Sheep Hill. This has been the second year the land has been closed to hunting but it's still ok for people to run their dogs unleashed and ride ATV's. I've been doing a lot of my hunting on the state WMA in Rockaway Township and hunting a couple private spots in Chester Township. Getting permission from a private land owner in BT is very hard if not next to impossible. There's been a lot of development and influx of tree huggers who don't know a thing about managing wild life. Too bad. Maybe some day they will learn.
Larry
Turkey Creek Longbow
62" 45# @ 28"

Thunder Stick Mag
56" 45# @ 28"

Offline tomh

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2007, 06:31:00 AM »
Hi Larry,
Wow it sounds like things have really gone downhill since I left after graduating BHS in 85. The deer were everywhere back then, I can imagine how they are proliferating with no hunting in the township. Most of the wooded places I used to run around are built over with housing now. I don't recognize the area now.
Glad to hear you have some places you can still bow hunt.
How do you like that shirt you are wearing?

Offline Sharpster

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2007, 08:58:00 AM »
I notice that we haven't heard from Pete. Tom do you know if he made it home okay?

Pete?... PETE?... PEEETE!!!???

-Ron
“We choose to do these things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard” — JFK

www.kmesharp.com

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Deadsmple

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2007, 10:03:00 AM »
Had a great time scouting spots with you guys. Good to be able to finally put some faces to some screen names.
 Hey, when did the cameras come out?

Deadbolt, I'm glad to see you made it home safe.

Bentpole, got the link, thanks.

Ron, thanks for breakfast! You got a PM.
All praise is the Lords

"to get to heaven, turn right and stay straight"

Offline Deadbolt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2007, 10:56:00 AM »
Ron yea he made it home fine I had my truck at his house.  

He went by his inlaws for dinner after he dropped me off so I probably just crashed in bed aftwer that LOL.  He'll get on here eventually.

Thanks vaughn!!  And where were you for that picture LOL.

Offline nontypical

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2007, 02:00:00 PM »
Had a great time yesterday     :thumbsup:     Was nice to meet new people and have a good laugh.Was nice to walk around some of my old huntin grounds!! Tom,thanks for the link,will def. look into it.That rub area has always held nice deer(shh no deer in NJ)LOL.Tom,Larry,Ron was nice to meet you guys and lookin forward to huntin w/you     :campfire:   Scott,Vaughn,a pleasure as usual.Now guys,sharpen those eyes and BHs and get ready for Sat.   :archer:    

PETE
BLACK WIDOWS
MORRISON ILF
TITAN/CENTAUR
BLACK MAGIC/CENTUAR
BOB LEES
BIG CHEVYS

Offline bentpole

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2007, 02:54:00 PM »
Vaughn that's when you disappeared . Everyone was saying Where's Vaughn where's Vaughn? Next thing we know you were standing on the Bank of The Flatbrook looking at that crossing.Guys bring your cameras Saturday if you have one.  What about video cameras? Momma just got one from Santa Claus a Sony Handy Cam DVD HMMMMM anyone  ever use one of these before. I better not drop it in the Flatbrook!!! Hey what bows are you folks going to bring? Scott; is Joe and Bamboo coming? Pete; I can't believe you met my old hunting and fishing  Bud Big Dave [may he rest in peace]We had alot of good times together.I started him flyfishing. I always said if he lived another year I would have had him shooting a Trad Bow . He was ready but he just ran out of time.Can't believe he's gone three years already.Can't wait until Saturday!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©