3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: NJ winter bow scouting/ huntng outing pics added  (Read 16198 times)

Offline southpawshooter

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: NJ winter bow scouting/ huntng outing pics added
« Reply #100 on: January 04, 2008, 10:18:00 AM »
This is going to be good - never knew there were that many trad guys in the area.     :archer:
Scott F >>--->   @

"if the wood don't fly the bunny don't die" - Stone Knife, JLMBH 2008

Proud member of Team Pink

Offline Deadbolt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #101 on: January 04, 2008, 10:31:00 AM »
Yea sounds like a great group!  Just finished fletching up my first set of arrows...they aren't perfect but they will fly.  Lets hope we all get some blood on our fletching come tomorrow!

Offline southpawshooter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #102 on: January 04, 2008, 11:42:00 AM »
Wow - no trouble at all finding those arrows in the snow!  Looks good Tom!
Scott F >>--->   @

Offline Jerry Jeffer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #103 on: January 04, 2008, 02:38:00 PM »
Deadbolt, with the size of this group if we all get bloody arrows there won't be any deer left. Man we have a big enough crew to start our own event.
I will give thanks to the LORD because of his righteousness and will sing praise to the name of the LORD Most High.

Offline Izzy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #104 on: January 04, 2008, 02:49:00 PM »
I hope you guys get a ton of action and be safe.I used to work down that way and thats some cool country.Good luck and have a blast.
                                        Izzy

Offline MikeC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #105 on: January 04, 2008, 03:26:00 PM »
Just caught this thread don't get here much.  Would liked to have meet up with you guys.

I assume from the posts you'll be hunting in the Flatbrook-Roy WMA down the dirt road and by the Roy Bridge.  Not sure if the bird hunters are still pounding those areas but if you get in the thick stuff early you just might get some action.

Good luck to you all and be safe.
1 Corinthians 1:18

For the word of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us who are saved it is the power of God.

Offline Deadbolt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #106 on: January 04, 2008, 03:56:00 PM »
Originally posted by Jerry Jeffer:
Deadbolt, with the size of this group if we all get bloody arrows there won't be any deer left. Man we have a big enough crew to start our own event.
:biglaugh:

Offline lodestar

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #107 on: January 04, 2008, 04:02:00 PM »
Picking up the new longbow tonight just for the occasion. Can' wait to meet you guys. Like someone else mentioned earlier, did'nt realize there were so many trad guys around here. It'll be nice to do this a few times a year maybe even set up something like a weekend away from Jersey doing the primitive camp / hunt thing. That would be the cats ass!!!!!

Offline fyrfyter43

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #108 on: January 04, 2008, 04:09:00 PM »
Originally posted by mysticguido:
well it looks like I wont make it... my car not running good at all.
Sal, you can ride up with me if you want. I'll be heading out by 04:30.
"In the joy of hunting is intimately woven the love of the great outdoors. The beauty of woods, valleys, mountains, and skies feeds the soul of the sportsman where the quest of game only whets his appetite." ~ Saxton Pope

Offline fyrfyter43

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #109 on: January 04, 2008, 04:22:00 PM »
Originally posted by Sharpster:
Eric,
Did you ever come up to Russ' place for the old Centerville Rod and Gun club clam bakes? He hasn't had one in at least 20 years but, man! those were some great PowWows! I knew and worked for Russ' best friend, Jack Decker (passed this year)and my step-dad was Bruce "Bruno" Fulkrod (also passed) from Dave's Bar and Grill in downtown Branchville. He was another good friend of Russ'. I don't know Russ that well myself cause I was just a kid taggin along with the old man at the time. Russ is a very well known and well respected Sussex County good ol boy.

-Ron
Not that I know of. It's been a good many years since I was up at Russ' place myself. Last time I was probably only about 9-10 years old.

Unfortunately, he's one of those relatives that you only see once every few years, mostly at big family events (weddings and funerals, mostly). My folks used to take my grandparents up to visit him maybe twice a year, but I don't think they've been up since my grandfather passed away.

I was going to call and ask about hunting his farm tomorrow, but the more I thought about it, the more I felt a little funny asking permission for 10 or more guys when I've never even hunted there myself. However, I'm going to try to hunt there next year, and then I'll see what I can do about opening that land up to us for next year.
"In the joy of hunting is intimately woven the love of the great outdoors. The beauty of woods, valleys, mountains, and skies feeds the soul of the sportsman where the quest of game only whets his appetite." ~ Saxton Pope

Offline bentpole

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #110 on: January 04, 2008, 06:38:00 PM »
Just spoke to Alex he'll be there. Alex is bringing his Widow. Jerry you can still shoot that TurkeyCreek, Larry is the proud new owner of it it's a sweet little bow . I'll see everyone at 6:00 at Jumboland WOOOFAAA! Eric looking foward to meeting you and the rest of the "new folks".

Offline Sharpster

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #111 on: January 04, 2008, 06:40:00 PM »
Eric,
Understood. Certainly would not be appropriate to ask under the circumstances.

Anyway, it's not like there's any shortage of open land to hunt, right Deadbolt?

-Ron
“We choose to do these things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard” — JFK

www.kmesharp.com

TGMM Family of the Bow

Online BUCKY

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #112 on: January 04, 2008, 07:09:00 PM »
Packed and ready to go.No treestand for me.Got my 51# Mahaska recurve and my new 285 grain snuffers!

Offline Deadbolt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #113 on: January 04, 2008, 07:51:00 PM »
Originally posted by Sharpster:
Anyway, it's not like there's any shortage of open land to hunt, right Deadbolt?

-Ron
Cmon Ron you know there no land or deer in Jersey   :bigsmyl:    :biglaugh:

Offline VTer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #114 on: January 04, 2008, 08:16:00 PM »
Good luck guys. Take it easy at Jumboland. Make sure you take lots of pics.
Schafer Silvertip 66#-"In memory", Green Mountain Longbow 60#, Hill Country Harvest Master TD 59#

"Some of the world's greatest feats were accomplished by people not smart enough to know they were impossible."
    - Doug Lawson.

Offline fyrfyter43

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #115 on: January 04, 2008, 08:28:00 PM »
See y'all in the morning!

Offline **DONOTDELETE**

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #116 on: January 04, 2008, 10:09:00 PM »
fyrfyter, It's 10:07pm I just got home and saw Your post... Thanx dude, but I'm about dead, I have a old now for 2 days... hacking up some bad stuff.... Don't want to scare off any deer up there..... again thanx Man.

Offline Recurve50LBS

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #117 on: January 05, 2008, 06:46:00 PM »
Hi Guys,

Man what a day we had! A total of 19 guys showed up today. Two could not hunt with us for reasons more important than hunting. Good to see a couple resopnsable guys in this day and age. Don't worry guys we will get together for another hunt soon I hope.
From what I understand we moved a lot of deer around. I'm not sure of the count but think it may be over 30. I had to leave before the last drive and up till then no one had taken a shot at a deer. They were either to far or had too much brush in the way or they were running past at warp factor 9.
I met a couple nice guys today. Joe Skip it was a pleasuer to meet you. Jerry Jeffers it was good to meet you and to share my pick up with you. I hate riding alone. I can't remember everyone's name that was there but there wasn't a lemmon in the bunch. I'd be honored to go hunting with any one of you guys again.
A couple guys took some pictures and I hope that they post a few to share.
Well I'm off to a hot shower. I can't wait for our next hunt together!

Larry
Turkey Creek Longbow
62" 45# @ 28"

Thunder Stick Mag
56" 45# @ 28"

Offline southpawshooter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #118 on: January 05, 2008, 07:10:00 PM »
Great fun today guys.  Actually, we pushed over 40 deer today.  Tweak the drives a little, and I'm sure a stander will be in a position to shoot.  Remember,   alot of these drives were virgin drives - I think we did well for the first runs.  As always, anyone I meet from this site is the cream of the crop.  Glad to put some faces on handles..........
Scott F >>--->   @

Offline Alex.B

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #119 on: January 05, 2008, 07:25:00 PM »
Great fun indeed Scott... I'm sorry I missed  the morning hunt, but after spending just a little time with this great bunch of guys, I can't wait to do it again, the whole day this time. Having 7 pretty relaxed deer 30 yards away from me on that last drive at last light, was exciting. Too bad there was a lot of brush between us. I was glad to put faces on the handles as well.
Alex
tgmm, tanj, compton, bha

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©