3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: NJ winter bow scouting/ huntng outing pics added  (Read 16200 times)

Online BUCKY

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: NJ winter bow scouting/ huntng outing pics added
« Reply #120 on: January 05, 2008, 07:54:00 PM »
Today was AWESOME. I will put pics up when my daughter gets home.

Offline **DONOTDELETE**

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #121 on: January 05, 2008, 07:57:00 PM »
Glade everyone had a great time... hopefully I can make the next one....

Offline Jerry Jeffer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #122 on: January 05, 2008, 08:13:00 PM »
Well, it sure was a great day. I was so happy to finally get the chance to meet a bunch of you. As mentioned before, cream of the crop, a real bunch of straight up gents. Here are a few of the motley bunch after the first drive of the morning. I think there was 12 deer that came out the side.  

Here is Joe and Larry after a pre lunch drive. I saw two rack bucks and about 6 doe. Too far off for shots.

Here is the gang at Walpack, hope I didn't cut any one off. Must have moved the camera when I pushed the button.

Again, great time, great group.   :clapper:
I will give thanks to the LORD because of his righteousness and will sing praise to the name of the LORD Most High.

Offline Huntrdfk

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #123 on: January 05, 2008, 08:21:00 PM »
Hey Joe I love your hat in that pic with Larry, looks familiar to me.....

Looks and sounds like you all had a pretty good day.......  :thumbsup:  

David
TGMM Family of The Bow
PBS Regular Member
Comptons

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Online BUCKY

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #124 on: January 05, 2008, 08:51:00 PM »
Here's some pics of the drive and the areas we drove.

Offline Deadbolt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #125 on: January 05, 2008, 08:53:00 PM »
Man who the hell would use such bright feathers..people are gonna start to think otherwise about that wise guy   :D    :D  

As always had a great time!  I hope I can make the next one and once we get back in the woods and tweak them drives like scott said we are gonna have some blood for sure!

Offline joe skipp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #126 on: January 05, 2008, 09:17:00 PM »
I just arrived home about an hour ago. Drove in a sleet/hail storm....A super day with a fine bunch of Trad bowhunters. Then again, what would you expect!  :thumbsup:  

The ice and snow made a few drives tricky as a few of us "hit the canvas" when working our way uphill. Plenty of deer were moved around and although no shots, we didn't do bad for a bunch of guys who just met and worked areas "virgin" to us.

Your Jersey guys have to work on the compound shooter...gotta convince him if he had a stick bow, those 6 deer that ran by him or I should say almost over him, he probably would have taken one. 12 deer busted out on that first drive!

The 2 rack bucks that ran by Jerry...he watched them bed down roughly 80 yds away...6 does followed the big boys into the thickets. Just too crunchy to make another attempt to move them around. The best part...not one person complained or griped about the terrain, weather, making the drives and we all got to see quite a few different bows. Real neat....

Thanks again fellas for an enjoyable hunt and this could turn out to be yearly event   :clapper:    :goldtooth:  

Just one suggestion...next year, lets get Bentpole and Bucky to meet us (with their trucks) at the end of each drive...They could set up a small grill and have dogs, burgers, etc, hot/cold drinks......ready for us. Like the Kid from Brooklyn sez..."Think about it!"
"Neal...is this heaven?" "No Piute but we are dam close". Top of the Mtn in Medicine Bow Nat Forest.

Offline bentpole

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #127 on: January 05, 2008, 09:57:00 PM »
Just came home from the dinner with Momma's cousins from New Hampshire [yeh kinda late I know they had to finish all the bottles of wine they brought LOL]I had a great morning.Alex sorry I missed you we will hunt together.Guys it was my pleasure hunting with you folks.You couldn't find a better bunch of guys and we got along like we've known each other for ever. Joe you should  have said something earlier about hot food and beverages Bucky and I would have brought our SABRETT Hot Dog Wagon  with the red onion sauce.I wish I could have been there all day for sure.Glad we had action. It's a great piece of land.Yeh Joe I know Gadget John needs to make the switch he has one of my Chaparral Kaibabs he just has to get a little more comfortable with it.What do you mean next year I'm hoping to get together next Saturday!We know there's deer up there right? Thanks guys for a great morning had a blast.I hope everyone made it home safe and sound.

Offline imskippy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #128 on: January 05, 2008, 10:03:00 PM »
Man I'm so bummed. I caught this thread this morning. Was sitting here going the 5th thats next week oh wait thats right now duh!! Would love to hook up if you guys do it again. Any of you planning on 3-d shoots this year would love to meet up with you guys.
Zona Custom T/D #1
Zona Custom R/D L/B #1

Offline bentpole

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #129 on: January 06, 2008, 08:10:00 AM »
The pictures came out great Jerry and George.I was in such a hurry I didn't get a chance to take any.I'm glad Alex found you folks!

Offline SteveD

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #130 on: January 06, 2008, 08:16:00 AM »
Hey Guy's Had a great time yesterday. Let's do it again. I was nice meeting all of you.

Offline bentpole

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #131 on: January 06, 2008, 08:34:00 AM »
Steve, hec yeh I feel like taking the rest of the month off!Jerry that last shot at Wallpack I'm trying to put handles/names on the faces maybe you folks can help me out.Left to right... Lodestar-Jason, has to be Alex,Recurve 50LBS-Larry,Reiner,Bucky-George,Bamboo-Mike,Joe,Chuck? Eric?,Deadbolt-Tom,Non-typical-Pete,Southpaw-Scott,and Jerry seated in front. Hope I guessed correct Folks.

Offline fyrfyter43

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #132 on: January 06, 2008, 09:04:00 AM »
Originally posted by bentpole:
Steve, hec yeh I feel like taking the rest of the month off!Jerry that last shot at Wallpack I'm trying to put handles/names on the faces maybe you folks can help me out.Left to right... Lodestar-Jason, has to be Alex,Recurve 50LBS-Larry,Reiner,Bucky-George,Bamboo-Mike,Joe,Chuck? Eric?,Deadbolt-Tom,Non-typical-Pete,Southpaw-Scott,and Jerry seated in front. Hope I guessed correct Folks.
Yep, that's me next to Deadbolt. I was already packed up for the ride home when someone suggested getting a group pic.
"In the joy of hunting is intimately woven the love of the great outdoors. The beauty of woods, valleys, mountains, and skies feeds the soul of the sportsman where the quest of game only whets his appetite." ~ Saxton Pope

Offline fyrfyter43

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #133 on: January 06, 2008, 09:07:00 AM »
What a day!

Nothing like sharing the woods with such a great bunch of guys. And seeing a good number of deer to boot.

Even though nobody drew blood, it was one of my most memorable days in the woods. I'm definitely looking forward to the next one!
"In the joy of hunting is intimately woven the love of the great outdoors. The beauty of woods, valleys, mountains, and skies feeds the soul of the sportsman where the quest of game only whets his appetite." ~ Saxton Pope

Offline fyrfyter43

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #134 on: January 06, 2008, 09:10:00 AM »
Originally posted by Recurve50LBS:
they were running past at warp factor 9.
I don't think I've ever seen deer move quite that fast. They went by me at about 40 yards. I tried to count them, but they were running so hard I couldn't count fast enough.    :biglaugh:

I think the woods were just too noisy. On a quieter day, when the drivers could ease through the woods without making too much noise, we would have had much better luck.

Offline fyrfyter43

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #135 on: January 06, 2008, 09:13:00 AM »
Somebody left a pair of Lacrosse boots at the Walpack Inn. I have them.

Whoever they belong to, drop me a PM or email with your address and I'll get them in the mail to you.

Offline bentpole

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #136 on: January 06, 2008, 09:31:00 AM »
Eric you hit the nail on the head. Very noisy they heard us coming too soon that enabled them to get up to WARP Factor   9. That Jeep of yours was the hit of the day. You better watch Pete non-typical doesn't try to steal it on you!I hope the warm temps can help us out and get rid of the CRUNCH  for next Saturday.I'm glad you made the trip up.

Offline bentpole

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #137 on: January 06, 2008, 09:36:00 AM »
Yeh that first drive almost put Bucky and Gadget John in the Hospital. Good thing Tom-deadbolt [the EMT Dude] was with us!

Offline lodestar

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #138 on: January 06, 2008, 09:51:00 AM »
A couple more pics. Guys I cant tell you all the last time I had such a great time hunting and tromping round the country. All I can say is Thanks and we must do it again. Great to have finaly met and put faces to the names. Jerry we will definately be getting up on the mountain with Vaughn and get us one of those mountain bucks.

MG]

Offline Jerry Jeffer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #139 on: January 06, 2008, 09:53:00 AM »
Tom, I think you got all the names correct from the line up pic. Glad you did because I couldn't remember a couple of guys until you  posted the names. We started with several more then that. I think the locals were wondering what kind of army we were. LOL. Hope I can do it again soon. Larry, thanks for letting me ride with you. Joe, you are a real gentleman. Jason, had a great time chatting with you during the lunch break. Hope to spend more time on the mountain with you (rattle snake). Mike, great hanging with you at the Walpack set up. Again, very one was first class people.
I will give thanks to the LORD because of his righteousness and will sing praise to the name of the LORD Most High.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©