3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: NJ winter bow scouting/ huntng outing pics added  (Read 16204 times)

Offline **DONOTDELETE**

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: NJ winter bow scouting/ huntng outing pics added
« Reply #140 on: January 06, 2008, 09:55:00 AM »
great pic's.... how many deer where taken?

Offline lodestar

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #141 on: January 06, 2008, 09:56:00 AM »

Offline bentpole

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #142 on: January 06, 2008, 10:04:00 AM »
Jason I just saw that picture of Gadget John walking up the icey road that's why  Bucky and I call him GADGET JOHN.

Offline Recurve50LBS

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #143 on: January 06, 2008, 10:12:00 AM »
Hey those are some wonderful pictures! Thank you guys for remembering to bring your cameras. I'd like to repete what a few of you said about this group. Top notch, first class and not one gripe from a single person during the whole day. We did do well pushing the deer around considering most of us had never been in those woods before. No one got lost either. Boy I've never seen so many bear tracks in my life! Guess they either were run off by our drives or they flew south for the winter. I would surly like to have another group hunt before winter bow ends. I'm having too much fun now and I don't want the fun to end.
Oh I have a small charcoal grill I would be willing to bring if the group wants to do a tail gate thing. Something to think about anyway.

Larry
Turkey Creek Longbow
62" 45# @ 28"

Thunder Stick Mag
56" 45# @ 28"

Offline MikeC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #144 on: January 06, 2008, 10:17:00 AM »
Did you guys come across any bird hunters and or kick up any birds?
1 Corinthians 1:18

For the word of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us who are saved it is the power of God.

Offline fyrfyter43

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #145 on: January 06, 2008, 10:58:00 AM »
There were some bird hunters around...heard shots throughout the day.

One of the corn fields we walked across had quite a few pheasant tracks, but I didn't hear anybody mention seeing any birds.
"In the joy of hunting is intimately woven the love of the great outdoors. The beauty of woods, valleys, mountains, and skies feeds the soul of the sportsman where the quest of game only whets his appetite." ~ Saxton Pope

Offline Deadsmple

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #146 on: January 06, 2008, 11:03:00 AM »
Real glad to hear you guys had a great time. Sure wish I could've come but that's just the way it is sometimes.  At least I was able to meet up and have breakfast with you fine gentlemen.

Jason, give me a call and we'll hook up. Even if we just get together to shoot in the yard. Maybe we can even get Frank to join us.

Hey Larry, I know what you mean, winter bow seems to go by too quick for me. Just when things start clicking, it's over.
All praise is the Lords

"to get to heaven, turn right and stay straight"

Offline Recurve50LBS

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #147 on: January 06, 2008, 11:06:00 AM »
Oh boy I almost forgot to thank Dave and fyrfyter43 Eric for finding my lost radio.  Dave didn't make our group pict cause he took a stand up the hill from the place we took our pict.
Turkey Creek Longbow
62" 45# @ 28"

Thunder Stick Mag
56" 45# @ 28"

Offline lodestar

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #148 on: January 06, 2008, 11:26:00 AM »
Hey Vaughn, Maybe next monday we can get together. Go up on the mountain do some stll hunting. Hope you got your roof dilema worked out. I'll give you a call later this week.      Jason

Offline fyrfyter43

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #149 on: January 06, 2008, 12:06:00 PM »
Originally posted by fyrfyter43:
Somebody left a pair of Lacrosse boots at the Walpack Inn. I have them.

Whoever they belong to, drop me a PM or email with your address and I'll get them in the mail to you.
I just checked...they're Lacrosse Alphas - size 11. They look like they've only been worn a time or 2.

After everybody left, they were on the ground next to where lodestar's truck was parked.
"In the joy of hunting is intimately woven the love of the great outdoors. The beauty of woods, valleys, mountains, and skies feeds the soul of the sportsman where the quest of game only whets his appetite." ~ Saxton Pope

Offline Vision Hunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #150 on: January 06, 2008, 02:01:00 PM »
I had a really good time yesterday.  FYI, I was the guy with the funny hat and clothes   :)  I have never seen more deer at one time.  I saw the deer running in fron of me across the road and it sounded like a truck coming down the road.  There had been a truck that drove up the road after we posted and I thought it was that truck when the deer were running right in fron of me.  There had to be over 10 of them because I counted at least that and there were more in front leading the charge.  Who knew they would cross the road and run passed Eric and Pete   :banghead:  .

Anyway, it was great and hope to do it again. Do you guys think that there will be another get together this winter season?

Offline nontypical

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #151 on: January 06, 2008, 03:20:00 PM »
All I can say is WHAT A DAY!!! Like stated B4 what a group of guys.I had a great time w/all.I dont remember ever walkin that much in a day.Hey fyr,watch were you park that jeep(LOL)NICE.I think there was a total of 40-50 deer seen yesterday,not bad at all.Sorry you couldnt make it Vaughn & Sal and to see you leave early Tom.I think this time we'll make a list on here so we get an idea whos comin.We should bring food & drink for a mid-day lunch.I have a coleman stove.Tom thanks for the deer snacks      :thumbsup:     and next time take the batterys outta those arras, they were brite(lol).We should try to get a PART II together,maybe this sat.Had a great time and hope to do it again w/you guys.

PETE
BLACK WIDOWS
MORRISON ILF
TITAN/CENTAUR
BLACK MAGIC/CENTUAR
BOB LEES
BIG CHEVYS

Offline fyrfyter43

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #152 on: January 06, 2008, 03:52:00 PM »
Originally posted by bentpole:
\\That Jeep of yours was the hit of the day.  
That Jeep's been a project for my son and I over the last 3.5 years. Between all the work that has gone into it, and the occasional offroad trip, we've really had some good times together.

I do drive it everyday, but it gets tiring for longer trips. And I avoid highways with it at all costs.

Offline fyrfyter43

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #153 on: January 06, 2008, 03:55:00 PM »
This Saturday sounds good for me.

Offline bentpole

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #154 on: January 06, 2008, 04:04:00 PM »
Pete we can call Domino's pizza and see if they can find us in twenty minutes!I'm surprized that those electric arrows of Tom's didn't prevent those deer from sneaking in between you  and Tom. John I like that hat of yours! Wasn't it you and Eric  that stopped me from sliding down that ridge in bear alley? I would've hit the canvas for sure.I'm game for Saturday hope I don't have to work! Folks   Cat Like Reflexes!!!!!

Offline joe skipp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #155 on: January 06, 2008, 04:32:00 PM »
Forgot to mention...Deadbolt...with those pink dipped, pink fletched arrows, you are no officially a member of "Team Pink". I personally voted you in....its good to see another bowhunter using hot pink besides me. I left mine home in favor of the blaze orange Super Slams for this hunt.
"Neal...is this heaven?" "No Piute but we are dam close". Top of the Mtn in Medicine Bow Nat Forest.

Offline Deadbolt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #156 on: January 06, 2008, 06:08:00 PM »
Originally posted by joe skipp:
Forgot to mention...Deadbolt...with those pink dipped, pink fletched arrows, you are no officially a member of "Team Pink". I personally voted you in....its good to see another bowhunter using hot pink besides me. I left mine home in favor of the blaze orange Super Slams for this hunt.
Oh yea man they stick out no matter what your hunting in!!  And no one will steal em at the 3D's b/c they are aashamed to walk off the mountain with em LOL

Originally posted by bentpole:
! Wasn't it you and Eric  that stopped me from sliding down that ridge in bear alley? I would've hit the canvas for sure.
Only thing that stopped me was a big tree at the bottom of the hill after i crashed into it LOL...that was me screaming like a little girl going 40mph down the hill on my back LOL.

Offline bentpole

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #157 on: January 06, 2008, 06:23:00 PM »
Tom you and Pete are welcome to hunt with me anytime! I was laughing so much yesterday next time we hunt together I might have to wear DEPENDS!!!!

Offline Vision Hunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #158 on: January 06, 2008, 06:27:00 PM »
Tom, Eric and I were the one's that stopped you from sliding down the hill.

Offline Alex.B

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #159 on: January 06, 2008, 06:31:00 PM »
Tom-Bentpole, I'm hooked now. I will be back this week to get more acquainted with beautiful Sussex County, and hopefully do another group hunt on the weekend. Won't be missing another meet at Jumboland, rest assured.
tgmm, tanj, compton, bha

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©