3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: NJ winter bow scouting/ huntng outing pics added  (Read 16159 times)

Offline davidbeidler

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: NJ winter bow scouting/ huntng outing pics added
« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2007, 03:04:00 PM »
Hi guys
Just curious about where you guys are hunting. A couple of us trad guys up here in Vt come down to NJ every year in the fall season. We usually hunt on the Old Mine road around the Van Campen Inn. Good luck on your hunt.

Dave

Offline bentpole

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2007, 03:13:00 PM »
Thanks Dave.Dave we weren't far from there at all.We actually checked out from around Wallpack up to the Milford Bridge all along Old Mine Road.Let us know when you folks come down next year. Traditional Brothers are always welcome!

Offline Recurve50LBS

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: December 31, 2007, 04:19:00 PM »
So where does everyone what to try Sat? MAybe we could send PM's to Tom "Bentpole".
I just spoke to Reiner and he is ready to go for Sat. He and I were wondering if we could bring another guy with us? This guy shoots a compound and we have been trying to get him over from the Dark Side of the Force. He does already own 3 Trad bows but for some reason he won't shoot them. Perhaps if we get him out with us that may be just enough to get him to forget the training wheels.
Larry
Turkey Creek Longbow
62" 45# @ 28"

Thunder Stick Mag
56" 45# @ 28"

Offline bentpole

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: December 31, 2007, 04:20:00 PM »
Hey Alex I missed your post. We all understand prior commitments with family. Can you make it Saturday?

Online BUCKY

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: December 31, 2007, 04:43:00 PM »
Sorry I missed yesterday but count me in for saturday!

Offline bentpole

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: December 31, 2007, 04:53:00 PM »
We all forgive you George!!! Which Mahaska are you bringing Saturday Bucky? HMMMM SHREW or Horne's?

Offline bentpole

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: December 31, 2007, 04:59:00 PM »
Saturday morning I think we should spread out along the road to Buttermilk[should get there before first light though]. Sit for a few hours maybe catch them crossing the Flatbrook back to a bedding area.Then if we think they're still in the thickets we can push that or the fields along the Flatbrook.OR if Scott wants to push around the BRIDGE at first light? The first place we looked at is a good early morning push too I would think.

Offline Sharpster

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: December 31, 2007, 05:35:00 PM »
Hey everyone,
I'm working Saturday so I can't hunt but I would still like to have breakfast with you if you're gonna meet at Jumboland again.

-Ron
“We choose to do these things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard” — JFK

www.kmesharp.com

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Deadbolt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: December 31, 2007, 05:50:00 PM »
Ill be bringing my ancient spirit thunderhawk itchin to get some blood on that bow!  LOL

I have a digi camera and we just got a new video recorder do higgy but I dont know how to use it yet LOL

If we are gonna post in the morning honestly I dont think busting in the woods by buttermilk is a good idea unless we get in VERY early.  Theres alot of land to cover to set guys up and I think we would kick the area quick if we did that simply by walking in.  The push wouldnt be as productive IMHO.

If we are gonna post the morning I'd say that first spot we hit or one of scotts spots he showed us would be best.  You can get in easier and with less disturbence.  

I wont be able to get up there to early if ya'll are gonna head in the woods really early at like 0500 ill meet ya guys after the morning post...I had to leave at 0300 just to be at jumboland for 0600 I'm not trying to killmyself here LOL.

If we do meet up for breakfast at jumboland again we wont get to the woods until sunup anyhoot and by then I say just start pushing we have the daylight lets use it.  

Legal shooting light these days is 0700.

Offline Sharpster

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: December 31, 2007, 06:24:00 PM »
It sounds like you guys are gonna have a bigger group than we scouted with. Maybe send 1/2 the guys into the woods by buttermilk like Tom said and the other 1/2 of the group could go into the area we checked by the Walpack Inn. That way each group would move deer towards the other. Scott's area is very good too, and easy to sneak into without spooking the deer.

Deadbolt, weren't you telling me about a certain "issue" with that bow...?  :saywhat:  

-Ron
“We choose to do these things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard” — JFK

www.kmesharp.com

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline DannyBows

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: December 31, 2007, 07:38:00 PM »
Good luck to you guys! I've been following this post, but my days off are Tuesday's and Wednesday's. That pretty much means I have to hunt alone. I'm going to check out the Zone 18 section of Collier's Mills this week. After the fourth it's bow only, which I prefer.
"Always feel the wind, and walk just like the leaves".  ("LongBow Country"--Chad Slagle, "High, Wild, and Free").

Offline Recurve50LBS

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: December 31, 2007, 07:39:00 PM »
I liked those first 2 spots Ron took us to for quick drives. Perhaps after a morning sit. I'm thinking the spot next to the Inn would be a better evening spot for a sit. Espcially if we all set up inside the wood line no more than 30 yards off the grass fields. We might be able to catch them moving from their beds to the feeding area.
I have a tough choice as to what bow I'm gonna bring....My Turkey Creek!I need a back up bow bad!LOL
I spoke to George "Bucky" tonight. He thinks it's wise to bring plenty of arrows especially if we do drives.
Turkey Creek Longbow
62" 45# @ 28"

Thunder Stick Mag
56" 45# @ 28"

Online BUCKY

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: December 31, 2007, 07:40:00 PM »
Tom , I'm bringing the 51# with my new 285 grain snuffers!

Offline joe skipp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: December 31, 2007, 07:54:00 PM »
Looks like you fellas had a great time. I got hit with the flu bug late Sat evening, just crawled outta bed a few hrs ago. Two parts of my body are real sore...my ribs and ....well...anyway...I'm heading down to buy my license this week and hope to be there Sat. Can't wait to meet everyone...
"Neal...is this heaven?" "No Piute but we are dam close". Top of the Mtn in Medicine Bow Nat Forest.

Offline Recurve50LBS

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: December 31, 2007, 08:00:00 PM »
Man we saw so many spots yesterday that I'm kicking myself for not taking notes! Come on guys throw out some more suggestions.
Turkey Creek Longbow
62" 45# @ 28"

Thunder Stick Mag
56" 45# @ 28"

Offline bentpole

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: December 31, 2007, 09:39:00 PM »
Joe what did you have the "both ways flu"???? That's the one where stuff comes out both ways.

Offline Sharpster

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: December 31, 2007, 10:40:00 PM »
My late father in law called that "the green apple quick step".

Add the bad belly, and I'm sure we had a much better day than you did Joe.
Looking forward to meeting you. You should hear what some of the guys were saying about you! Of course, I didn't believe a word of it.

Ron

www.kmesharp.com

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline SteveD

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: January 01, 2008, 07:15:00 AM »
What time is everyone meeting at the Diner? See you there

Offline bentpole

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: January 01, 2008, 10:21:00 AM »
Yeh what time are we meeting again folks?

Offline Deadbolt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: January 01, 2008, 02:29:00 PM »
Yea Ron Ive had some issues with this bow but I wanna put some blood on it...customer service is a hoot but the bow is a real shooter!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©