3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: NJ winter bow scouting/ huntng outing pics added  (Read 16238 times)

Online BUCKY

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: NJ winter bow scouting/ huntng outing pics added
« Reply #280 on: January 11, 2008, 05:16:00 PM »
I'm in!

Offline **DONOTDELETE**

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #281 on: January 11, 2008, 05:31:00 PM »
16 so far.....

Offline fyrfyter43

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #282 on: January 11, 2008, 06:07:00 PM »
Guys, don't worry about the cargo rack. I picked one up on my way home this afternoon.

Been meaning to get one...this was as good of an excuse as any.
"In the joy of hunting is intimately woven the love of the great outdoors. The beauty of woods, valleys, mountains, and skies feeds the soul of the sportsman where the quest of game only whets his appetite." ~ Saxton Pope

Offline nontypical

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #283 on: January 11, 2008, 07:01:00 PM »
If its alright,I have my father in-law and my huntin partner # 16&17

1)Sal
2)Eric
3)Eric's Son
4) Alex
5)tom deadbolt
6) pete nontypical
7) joe
8) patrick pdk25
9) SteveD
10) Jerry J.
11) Vaughn
12) tom bentpole
13) scott
14) joe skipp
15) mike
16) Joe
17) Jim
BLACK WIDOWS
MORRISON ILF
TITAN/CENTAUR
BLACK MAGIC/CENTUAR
BOB LEES
BIG CHEVYS

Offline Vision Hunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #284 on: January 11, 2008, 07:59:00 PM »
I took the liberty to add Bucky since he was not on the list.

1)Sal
2)Eric
3)Eric's Son
4) Alex
5)tom deadbolt
6) pete nontypical
7) joe
8) patrick pdk25
9) SteveD
10) Jerry J.
11) Vaughn
12) tom bentpole
13) scott
14) joe skipp
15) mike
16) Joe
17) Jim
18) Bucky
19) John (Vision Hunter)

Offline **DONOTDELETE**

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #285 on: January 11, 2008, 08:15:00 PM »
nice size group. well it's after 8:00 pm and I feel like a kid in a Archery Store.... I might get 1/2 hr sleep tonite.

Offline lodestar

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #286 on: January 11, 2008, 09:35:00 PM »
Hey guys, knock the snot out of them. I'm back to working saturdays so I wont be able to be there. Had thoughts of feeling sick tomarrow but hat just would'nt be rite this early in the new year since I did that already this week. I did have a great day though. Vaughn, I'll be up on the mountain in the am on monday if your interested.......Jason

Offline imskippy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #287 on: January 12, 2008, 12:30:00 PM »
well I went out with my dad this morning and saw nothing now I'm sitting here wishing we would have went with you guys. How do you guys feel about training wheels (my dad shoots a compound)?Maybe next time.
Zona Custom T/D #1
Zona Custom R/D L/B #1

Offline MikeC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #288 on: January 12, 2008, 03:51:00 PM »
Hoping you guys did well.  Went out this morning and got a nice size doe a little after 9:00am.  At least 12 paraded by me before I picked one out.  This time of year they are yarded up and you typically see a bunch together or nothing.

After the sun came up it turned out to be a 10 out of 10 morning weather wise, especially for this time of year.  I usually take the flintlock out this time of year but with weather like this I grab the recurve and setup right on top of a main trail between feeding and bedding areas.  Sometimes you get lucky.
1 Corinthians 1:18

For the word of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us who are saved it is the power of God.

Offline lodestar

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #289 on: January 12, 2008, 04:44:00 PM »
Well? Well? What did you all get? Hope it was that big racker!      Jason

Offline Deadsmple

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #290 on: January 12, 2008, 06:22:00 PM »
Well I just got back. Let me first say I couldn't have asked to spend a day with a nicer bunch of guys. Great weather great day. Plenty of deer were moved but none came by me. I didn't see squat!! But i'm up for doing it again.

Hope you all got home safe.

Jerry Jeffer was MIA, Hey Jerry hope all is well, it's kinda unusual that you didn't atleast leave a note on the computer.

Hey Lodestar, I'll be up there for a few hours Monday before my boy gets home. I jumped a real nice ten friday morning up there. Hope one of us gets a shot at 'em.
All praise is the Lords

"to get to heaven, turn right and stay straight"

Offline **DONOTDELETE**

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #291 on: January 12, 2008, 07:48:00 PM »
Just got home saw about 16 deer & 1 Black bear was followed me for about 50yards. I had a Great time.

I would like to Thank everyone for coming & a Big Thanx to Eric for the ride... this is something we should do Yearly or maybe bi-yearly. I was thinking about a Fall Trad Gang Hunt & another one for the NJ Winter Bow Hunt... What does everyone think.

Offline bentpole

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #292 on: January 12, 2008, 07:48:00 PM »
Vaughn, Jason just got home and had a quick bite to eat.Let me also say how great everyone got along all true gentleman for sure. I was happy to finally meet Alex, Joe and   Sal and it was good to see the boys from last Saturday again I guess the deer knew us Trad Gangers were coming. Who told them? Well we did push some deer but we had more action last Saturday.The first push we moved a few , the second [1st] on Old Mine Road I think we only moved the one deer ? A  spike no shots fired . The next Pete had a herd of 10 as soon as he went in on the "BEAR ALLEY" push he had them going the standers way but they changed direction and ran across the road. I pushed one past Mike and thought for sure it would go between Joe and Scott. The stinker had to double back on me and I had it about 40 yards in front of me.Down by Wallpack, I think Sal had 4 go past at 40 Yards? Then the final drive we found out a group of guys did the same drive as us 2 hours before? They pushed deer we found plenty of fresh sign there but no deer. Once the rest of the folks get home[safe and sound I hope] someone will post some pictures . I didn't take the camera out of the glove box I guess I was too busy. Larry's son Andrew and Eric's son Lee were both real troopers for the amount of walking they did . No complaining at all and we covered alot of land.It was a blast, I'm ready to do it again next week.Oh and weatherwise you couldn't ask for a nicer day in January.

Offline Jerry Jeffer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #293 on: January 12, 2008, 08:17:00 PM »
Sorry guys, I really wanted to be there. Got some kind of bug that lasted most of the day. Couldn't stop any thing from coming out my back side. Vaughn, funny you mention jumping a buck on the mountain, I had dreams all night of going up there instead. Well, may be another time folks.
I will give thanks to the LORD because of his righteousness and will sing praise to the name of the LORD Most High.

Offline Alex.B

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #294 on: January 12, 2008, 08:36:00 PM »
just got home...Man, What a day! For all of you not familiar with Sussex Co. New-Jersey, please don't come, it's no good, everybody is mean and dangerous, there are no Deer, no Wildlife, no scenery, NOTTING !!! .........NOT! Seriously, one of the best hunting days in my life. finally meeting Bentpole-Tom, Mysticguido-Sal, SteveD, Deadsample-Vaughn ( missed Jerry, though) and seeing the rest of the guys from last week was really cool. The hunt, although "meatless", was amazing. Today, from my eyes, (aside from witnessing all the deer and bear signs/poop), this region, God's country, was vintage Sussex, and at times looked like the cornfields-checkered woodlots of Iowa and Illinois, my hills in Garrison NY, the Elk-rich mountains of S.Colorado, and even the river bottoms of E. Kansas ( like the river bottom Sal was in when he bumped into the bear today)
As far as I'm concerned, 2 great things happened today ( in order of importance):
1. I made friends
2. I have to budget my non-resident NJ license until I die, hopefully at the tender age of 103 years old, like Bentpole's Grandmother-in-law
thanks everyone for an unforgettable day
alex
tgmm, tanj, compton, bha

Offline joe skipp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #295 on: January 12, 2008, 08:52:00 PM »
Some notables...
1. Kudos to the young guys..they hung in their tough on those nasty, thick covered drives and never complained.  

2. Ryner...the only hunter I know who hunts in Snow Camo when there isn't any snow on the ground!   :eek:  Then he sends all us old guys up Cardiac Hill.....Thanks Pal....

3. Sal...The only STANDER I know that became Directionally Challenged when leaving the woods.
The road was 70 yds behind him...and he had about 7 other guys all around him...Yup...we had to reach him via the radio and get him headed back to the trucks...But he gets a pass because he had pink feathers on his arrows...You Da Man...  

4. Tom...aka Bentpole...aka Stiff Rod...the man coordinates everything. He drives, he sits, he gets turned around....he does a great job with the bunch he has to work with...Hats off to ya...

5. "The Swashbuckler"...I wanted him to kill a deer so badly just so I could have my picture taken with him! Wear the Scarf next time! Arrrgghh!!!    

6. Bucky...he changes clothes faster than Clark Kent...he went from his hunting clothes to that Designer Jogging outfit in less than 3 minutes! Those sneakers have to go Buck..those flashing lites on the sides are for kids.....

We are getting better at this..great bunch of guys working together...getting smoother and quieter...
  :clapper:  

A few pics with Captions...

Cardiac Hill behind me...these 55 yr old legs said NO to that last 100 yd climb. Five minutes after this pic....I was asleep...

Scott and Mike....trying to figure out what to do since they both left the Baby Wipes back in the truck...

My broadhead selection for the last drive.....Pearson Deadhead and Schulz Hunter head

Scott...100 yds below me...last drive...

"Neal...is this heaven?" "No Piute but we are dam close". Top of the Mtn in Medicine Bow Nat Forest.

Offline bentpole

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #296 on: January 12, 2008, 08:58:00 PM »
Alex my Grandmother {Moms Mom] lived to be 106.So I should be able to hunt until I'm at least 100 RIGHT? Jerry that's why they sell corks! LOL I learned that YOU are a deer magnet.Jerry = plenty of deer. Sorry you couldn't make it.Joe I'm glad you and Alex made it home safe and sound you two had the furthest to go. Joe fell asleep!? No wonder you didn't feel that 12 pointer licking your face.Great pictures Joe! Where are we going next Saturday!!??

Offline **DONOTDELETE**

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #297 on: January 12, 2008, 09:05:00 PM »
Originally posted by joe skipp:
Some notables...
3. Sal...The only STANDER I know that became Directionally Challenged when leaving the woods.
The road was 70 yds behind him...and he had about 7 other guys all around him...Yup...we had to reach him via the radio and get him headed back to the trucks...But he gets a pass because he had pink feathers on his arrows...You Da Man...  
If Your talking about the last drive I was pushing the river bottom....The other drive I came out in the wrong area was because I was in Awe.... Truly Great looking Hunting Ground

Offline Alex.B

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #298 on: January 12, 2008, 09:13:00 PM »
Sorry Tom, 106 it is! Joe, Cardiac hill was so steep, that when I finally sat down in my spot behind a Yew tree (imagine the luck) just below ridgeline, I kept sliding down the hill, and, when the thermals started to shift, I had to get up and "stalk" another patch of thickets 25 yards downhill, ,down wind of the deer trail. I have the coordinates of that yew tree BTW.
tgmm, tanj, compton, bha

Offline Alex.B

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #299 on: January 12, 2008, 09:18:00 PM »
[/QUOTE]If Your talking about the last drive I was pushing the river bottom....The other drive I came out in the wrong area was because I was in Awe.... Truly Great looking Hunting Ground [/QB][/QUOTE]
 Same here, Sal, I was in Awe too. Great looking hunting ground indeed
tgmm, tanj, compton, bha

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©