3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: NJ winter bow scouting/ huntng outing pics added  (Read 16242 times)

Offline Recurve50LBS

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: NJ winter bow scouting/ huntng outing pics added
« Reply #320 on: January 13, 2008, 08:38:00 PM »
Hey Guys. My son had a great time yesterday. I also had a great time too. It was nice to be able to share some time outdoors with my son and my friends. Today after we came home from church Andrew asked to go outback and do some bow shooting. It's been a while since he has asked me to shoot bows together. He has already asked me to plan another outting for next week, either with you guys or just with me.

Hey Alex thank you for bringing me that broad head. I'll give it a few test shots asap.

Thank you to Tom (Bentpole) for organizing these trips. Reiner and Pete and anyone else who had shown us some of their hot spots.

Larry
Turkey Creek Longbow
62" 45# @ 28"

Thunder Stick Mag
56" 45# @ 28"

Offline joe skipp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #321 on: January 13, 2008, 09:06:00 PM »
I sat here today and had to laugh...that last drive you fellas did was brutal...the climb wasn't a piece of cake either for us standers..

Then...we find out..after we finish...that a group of bowhunters pushed the same piece of land 2 hrs earlier and drove all the deer out!
It just wasn't meant to be....

Tom...maybe you should drive walking backwards. This way when a deer sneaks around you, you'll spot him and get off a shot. Also...by walking backwards, that bedded deer would have assumed you can't see him and you just might have gotten off a shot!

Pete...I believe your right. Ever since I've been hanging around Scott...I've noticed I'm getting more forgetful, wake up with headaches, and I'm not seeing the amount of deer I usually do...gonna start cuddling up to Bamboo more....

Stiff Rod...we notice that when we are walking from one spot to another and trailing everyone...
Seems the last line in front of us is usually Pete, Bamboo, Larry and Jimmy...and all Tom talks about is "If I had a line like that in High School, I would have gained over 100 yds a game." OK Al Bundy....then Bucky broke the news to us later....Stiff Rod was the friggin water boy!!!   :scared:  

Think about this fellas...how about sometime in March, we pick a Saturday, meet someplace for an afternoon of eating, BS'ing about the hunts and just having a good ol time....
"Neal...is this heaven?" "No Piute but we are dam close". Top of the Mtn in Medicine Bow Nat Forest.

Offline Alex.B

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #322 on: January 13, 2008, 09:09:00 PM »
Larry, you're welcome, dude!
Tom-Bentpole, thanks for showing me your honeyholes man. I promise I'll never abuse...    :bigsmyl:   ... do you trust me?... not really, heh?
tgmm, tanj, compton, bha

Offline Recurve50LBS

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #323 on: January 14, 2008, 03:08:00 PM »
So when is the next trip?
Turkey Creek Longbow
62" 45# @ 28"

Thunder Stick Mag
56" 45# @ 28"

Offline fyrfyter43

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #324 on: January 14, 2008, 03:28:00 PM »
Larry, it sounds like this hunt sparked Andrew's interest in bows and hunting again. Glad to hear it!
"In the joy of hunting is intimately woven the love of the great outdoors. The beauty of woods, valleys, mountains, and skies feeds the soul of the sportsman where the quest of game only whets his appetite." ~ Saxton Pope

Offline bentpole

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #325 on: January 14, 2008, 04:41:00 PM »
Joe if I drive walking backwards I would have been where I was!Yeh Yeh waterboy LOL the team trainer was bigger than me. He's just jealous cause Clifton used to kick the crap out of Garfield all the time.Still can't beleive you didn't see that deer Joe.You weren't dozing were you? Bamboo Mike saw it maybe I should have taken that Texas heart shot.Hey anything you guys want to do I'm game Let's go back to "HAMBURGER HILL " at first light and wait for those deer.Alex made it to the top Joe!!! Alex,my spots are your spots Bud!  There's plenty more too. I love you guys!

Offline Deadsmple

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #326 on: January 14, 2008, 04:56:00 PM »
Hey Larry I'm up for next Saturday again if you guys are. I had a great time. I'm real glad to hear your son enjoyed his time with us too. This is what it looks like up here now after last nights snowfall. Lodestar(Jason) and I got out and cut a few tracks this morning and had a ball in the white stuff.

All praise is the Lords

"to get to heaven, turn right and stay straight"

Offline Jerry Jeffer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #327 on: January 14, 2008, 05:05:00 PM »
Hey Vaughn, nice shot of the pond. I hope I can do next Sat. Hope to get over one day this week.
I will give thanks to the LORD because of his righteousness and will sing praise to the name of the LORD Most High.

Offline bentpole

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #328 on: January 14, 2008, 05:28:00 PM »
Vaughn man oh man I'm jealous. I wish I could have been there with you and Jason. Great shot of the pond. Did you see any sign of MR BIG? That picture would make a great Christmas Card.

Offline DEAN

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #329 on: January 14, 2008, 05:29:00 PM »
sweet pic of that water and snow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
TGMM Family of the Bow
Comptons Traditional Bowhunter

Offline bentpole

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #330 on: January 14, 2008, 07:19:00 PM »
Brother Dean make a road Trip Bud! We aren't that far from you.

Offline imskippy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #331 on: January 14, 2008, 07:42:00 PM »
Even though I haven't had a chance to meet or hunt with you guys yet I feel like I'd fit right in. You guys want to plan to get together at local shoot like whittingham?
Zona Custom T/D #1
Zona Custom R/D L/B #1

Offline Vision Hunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #332 on: January 14, 2008, 08:39:00 PM »
As much fun as I've had, I hate to miss the next hunt.  I have a pinewood derby race with my son on Saturday and a primitive biathlon, which is snowshoeing and shooting targets with smokepoles, on  Sunday.  This week is booked with various activities.  Have fun without me.  I'll still be roaming the woods dressed funny just with a gun instead of a bow.

Offline bentpole

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #333 on: January 14, 2008, 08:48:00 PM »
John tell your son  good luck in the Pinewood Derby. I remember those days.Enjoy Sunday as well.You are a good sport and you will be missed for sure.imskippy most of us do in fact attend the Whittingham Trad Shoot. Some even camp out there.We will let you know when it gets close or maybe in March after the season ends  we can all get together and  shoot.There is a archery range up at Flatbrook Roy /Wallpack .

Offline MikeC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #334 on: January 14, 2008, 09:43:00 PM »
Bentpole...Chester (Blackriver WMA) has an archery range also may be more central for all you guys, just a thought.
1 Corinthians 1:18

For the word of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us who are saved it is the power of God.

Offline Recurve50LBS

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #335 on: January 15, 2008, 06:17:00 AM »
Black River isn't a bad idea.
Turkey Creek Longbow
62" 45# @ 28"

Thunder Stick Mag
56" 45# @ 28"

Offline bentpole

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #336 on: January 15, 2008, 03:51:00 PM »
Yep Mike I know it well. Good for us bad for the NEW YORKERS. Joe Sipp travels 80 miles[?] to hunt with us. Alex lives on the other side of the Bear Mountain Bridge. For us Jersey guys that would be great.

Offline SteveD

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #337 on: January 15, 2008, 05:06:00 PM »
Had a Great Time Saturday. Hope to do it again soon. Nice meeting everyone again

Offline joe skipp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #338 on: January 15, 2008, 07:15:00 PM »
You fellas don't worry about me this weekend. I'm going to venture out to a few spots in Stokes.

Seen quite a few deer there during the regular season and now thats it quieted down some, I'm gonna still hunt and do some sitting. Hope you Jersey boys put some venison on the ground...keep the faith and put some wood in the air!
"Neal...is this heaven?" "No Piute but we are dam close". Top of the Mtn in Medicine Bow Nat Forest.

Offline **DONOTDELETE**

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #339 on: January 15, 2008, 08:00:00 PM »
Good Luck to You Joe. I sat this evening & saw 6 DOEs, to bad they where out of range.... I have to move up hill 50yards....

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©