3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: NJ winter bow scouting/ huntng outing pics added  (Read 16246 times)

Offline fyrfyter43

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: NJ winter bow scouting/ huntng outing pics added
« Reply #360 on: January 17, 2008, 03:45:00 PM »
Bow only for me right now, but I'd like to get back into smokepoles. Flintlock and round ball is almost as much fun as the stick 'n string.
"In the joy of hunting is intimately woven the love of the great outdoors. The beauty of woods, valleys, mountains, and skies feeds the soul of the sportsman where the quest of game only whets his appetite." ~ Saxton Pope

Offline fyrfyter43

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #361 on: January 17, 2008, 03:47:00 PM »
Come on down, Tom.

It looks like I'll be able to hunt until about 2:00.
"In the joy of hunting is intimately woven the love of the great outdoors. The beauty of woods, valleys, mountains, and skies feeds the soul of the sportsman where the quest of game only whets his appetite." ~ Saxton Pope

Offline Recurve50LBS

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #362 on: January 17, 2008, 04:22:00 PM »
Bow, shotgun, smoke pole for me. I like the challenge of going out with the bow and it's almost the same amount of fun for me when using my smoke pole.I also get a charge using either my 10 Ga scatter gun or my 12 Ga slug. Aww heck I just like getting out and away from civilization for a while.

Larry
Turkey Creek Longbow
62" 45# @ 28"

Thunder Stick Mag
56" 45# @ 28"

Offline **DONOTDELETE**

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #363 on: January 17, 2008, 04:40:00 PM »
Snowing good outside now.... Good deer hunting weather.... I'll be going out Tomorrow, hopefully I can drive down to the spot behind the Owl's nest.

Offline fyrfyter43

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #364 on: January 17, 2008, 06:03:00 PM »
Sal, where's the best access to that spot? Up past the Owl's Nest?

There are also a couple interesting-looking spots along the Musconetcong - out towards Finesville, and along the Delaware up by Carpentersville (right off River Rd.)

Offline joe skipp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #365 on: January 17, 2008, 08:22:00 PM »
Fresh snow...cold weather....should make for some nice stillhunting. Dress warm fellas, that evening 2 hr sit could get a little chilly.

Stiff Rod...my phone is 845-691-5533...eves after 7pm. In 2 weeks, I'm back on the night shift. Good luck this weekend guys...shoot straight, shoot often!
"Neal...is this heaven?" "No Piute but we are dam close". Top of the Mtn in Medicine Bow Nat Forest.

Offline **DONOTDELETE**

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #366 on: January 17, 2008, 09:24:00 PM »
Eric, Yes the first street before the owl's nest ( on the hill side ) is a path to gos up the hill. Also there is one in the back of the Owl's nest. To bad there is NO PARKING there. We can check them out if you want to on Saturday Eric, or who every wants to come.

Offline **DONOTDELETE**

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #367 on: January 17, 2008, 09:29:00 PM »
Eric, Yes the first street before the owl's nest ( on the hill side ) is a path to gos up the hill. Also there is one in the back of the Owl's nest. To bad there is NO PARKING there. We can check them out if you want to on Saturday Eric, or who every wants to come.

Offline fyrfyter43

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #368 on: January 18, 2008, 04:55:00 PM »
Sal, what time do you want to meet in the morning? And where? I'll have Lee with me again.

Offline fyrfyter43

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #369 on: January 18, 2008, 05:13:00 PM »
Why don't we meet in the Owl's Nest parking lot and then drive down to where we can park?

Offline **DONOTDELETE**

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #370 on: January 18, 2008, 05:17:00 PM »
Wife needs car... I think I can get her to drop me off around 7:00 am @ the Owl's Nest..

Offline bentpole

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #371 on: January 18, 2008, 05:49:00 PM »
NO WORK!! Folks anyone interested Bucky and I will be at Jumboland tomorrow at 5:45- 6:00 AM. Big breakfast and George wants to sit tomorrow. SO bring stands if you want. This will be Georges last hunting day due to obligations. We figure we know where some deer are and we might get lucky plus I need some R and R this Saturday. Good Luck to all my Buds!!! Wackum and Stackum!!Sal and Eric I would like to hook up with you guys next Saturday if I don't have to work[if you have room]. Or the next couple of Saturdays!!! Skippy Stiff Rod will call you in the near future to see how you and the boys made out. Maybe we can meet for lunch? Vaughn I guess you and Jerry will be out after Mr. Big? Let me know how you make out!

Offline **DONOTDELETE**

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #372 on: January 18, 2008, 06:08:00 PM »
theres room if you go to the F&G website look at WMA map Pohatcong north

Offline Deadsmple

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #373 on: January 18, 2008, 07:17:00 PM »
Hey Tom, yup I think Jerry is gonna join me on the mountain in hopes that we'll get that ten to come by one of us. I really don't know when I plan on coming off the mountain but let me know when and where you guys are gonna have lunch and maybe we'll join you.
All praise is the Lords

"to get to heaven, turn right and stay straight"

Offline fyrfyter43

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #374 on: January 18, 2008, 07:46:00 PM »
If it's easier, have her drop you off at my place.

I'll check back here in the am. Unless I hear otherwise, I'll meet you at the Owl's Nest around 7.

Offline **DONOTDELETE**

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #375 on: January 18, 2008, 08:39:00 PM »
It will be easier for her to take me to the owl's nest. I sent you my phone number to your email...

Offline Recurve50LBS

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #376 on: January 18, 2008, 09:30:00 PM »
Andrew and I will be hitting Wild Cat for small game. (His choice) It will give me a chance to do some scouting cause I'm heading into a new to me area.

Larry
Turkey Creek Longbow
62" 45# @ 28"

Thunder Stick Mag
56" 45# @ 28"

Offline **DONOTDELETE**

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #377 on: January 18, 2008, 10:06:00 PM »
this spot we're going to I have seen ppl bring out some nice deer. Plus if we get one or 2... we can check them in at the Owl's nest.

Offline Jerry Jeffer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #378 on: January 18, 2008, 10:55:00 PM »
Good luck every one. I'll be on the mountain with Vaughn. Hope one of us gets a shot at some thing to fill up some freezer space.
I will give thanks to the LORD because of his righteousness and will sing praise to the name of the LORD Most High.

Offline **DONOTDELETE**

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #379 on: January 19, 2008, 06:09:00 AM »
Last minute posting before heading down the Hill to Hunt with Eric again.... It's 25deg's at the House... Hopefully one of us can tag one, but no biggy if I don't.. This is also a good scouting for me. Eric, I'll be down there around 1/4 of or so.

Good Luck to everyone else..

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©