3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: NJ winter bow scouting/ huntng outing pics added  (Read 16235 times)

Offline fyrfyter43

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: NJ winter bow scouting/ huntng outing pics added
« Reply #440 on: January 25, 2008, 06:30:00 PM »
I have some stuff to take care of at home in the morning. I think when I can get away I might head over to Clinton to do some scouting and see if I can't thump a bunny or 2.
"In the joy of hunting is intimately woven the love of the great outdoors. The beauty of woods, valleys, mountains, and skies feeds the soul of the sportsman where the quest of game only whets his appetite." ~ Saxton Pope

Offline bentpole

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #441 on: January 25, 2008, 07:27:00 PM »
Looks like I'm flying solo. Good Luck to everyone .I will report tomorrow evening.

Offline **DONOTDELETE**

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #442 on: January 25, 2008, 09:09:00 PM »
Good Luck everyone....

Online woodchucker

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #443 on: January 25, 2008, 11:00:00 PM »
OK Guys.....This is just too good to be true!!!!! Are you guys STILL deer hunting?????

I'm going to have to get together with Joe "skipper" Skipp and get all the "particulars"

I'm gonna get me a N.J. license next year for sure!!!!!   :archer:
I only shoot WOOD arrows... My kid makes them, fast as I can break them!

There is a fine line between Hunting, & Sitting there looking Stupid...

May The Great Spirit Guide Your Arrows..... Happy Hunting!!!

Offline **DONOTDELETE**

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #444 on: January 25, 2008, 11:49:00 PM »
I'll be still hunting & might even use a stand that is permanent, there on State land so anyone can use them.

Offline **DONOTDELETE**

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #445 on: January 26, 2008, 07:29:00 AM »
Well I didn't go out this morning I feel like crap. I might go out this afternoon, if I feel a little better...

Offline fyrfyter43

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #446 on: January 26, 2008, 09:26:00 AM »
Originally posted by woodchucker:
OK Guys.....This is just too good to be true!!!!! Are you guys STILL deer hunting?????

I'm going to have to get together with Joe "skipper" Skipp and get all the "particulars"

I'm gonna get me a N.J. license next year for sure!!!!!    :archer:  
Yep, our winter bow season runs through Feb. 16, depending on which zone you hunt. The early season opener was Sept. 8. Just about every day in between was open to hunt deer, except Sundays and Christmas.
"In the joy of hunting is intimately woven the love of the great outdoors. The beauty of woods, valleys, mountains, and skies feeds the soul of the sportsman where the quest of game only whets his appetite." ~ Saxton Pope

Offline fyrfyter43

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #447 on: January 26, 2008, 09:28:00 AM »
Yeah, Sal, I'm gonna be sitting home today for the same reason. I've been fighting off a cold for almost 2 weeks now, and it picked today to get to me.

Offline Alex.B

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #448 on: January 26, 2008, 05:15:00 PM »
I'm going to try this week if my back is better at least 80%. Can't wait! gotta' find me a spot for the 15 days in February too   :archer:    :archer:    :archer:
tgmm, tanj, compton, bha

Offline **DONOTDELETE**

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #449 on: January 26, 2008, 08:16:00 PM »
Alex, Your then welcome to come down this way...

Offline bentpole

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #450 on: January 26, 2008, 08:43:00 PM »
Good Evening. Well Vaughn and I hunted from sun up to sun down.We didn't see a tail! Morning hunt we sat the Table Top Vaughn was on the ground in a big blow down ,I took my climber in. I went all the way up to where the tractor road ends.Found fresh tracks and plenty of good sign.Went up an oak on the edge of some hemlocks. Had three seperate runs , fresh tracks going threw the hemlocks scat all over.About an hour or so I hear a pack of beagles down in the Quarry and on the other side of the road. Here we go I said to myself. NOTHING. Came down at 11:00. Drove down the road and hit a spot put a short drive on for Vaughn ZERO.Showed Vaughn another of my good spots, hardly any tracks [used to be a hot spot winter bow]ZIP.Checked out a promising new spot and decided to sit until dark tracks, sign,no deer.The weather was good, no wind , low to mid 20's, nice . Besides that we had a great day. Was good hunting with Vaughn, good to be out.

Offline southpawshooter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #451 on: January 26, 2008, 09:07:00 PM »
Sounds like a great day fellas!
Scott F >>--->   @

"if the wood don't fly the bunny don't die" - Stone Knife, JLMBH 2008

Proud member of Team Pink

Offline Deadsmple

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #452 on: January 26, 2008, 09:53:00 PM »
Yup, another great day in the woods, even though we didn't see anything. I saw a lot of promising spots for next fall. Thanks Tom. Sorry no pics, stupid me forgot to put the memory card in my cheapo camera so all the cool scenery pics I took were never saved   :banghead:
All praise is the Lords

"to get to heaven, turn right and stay straight"

Offline Jerry Jeffer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #453 on: January 26, 2008, 10:07:00 PM »
Glad to hear some of you got out together. Hope to come and shoot at your place this week Vaughn.
I will give thanks to the LORD because of his righteousness and will sing praise to the name of the LORD Most High.

Offline bentpole

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #454 on: January 27, 2008, 08:20:00 AM »
Vaughn, don't feel bad I have my camera in the glovebox of the truck for that reason. I just have to remember to take it out! Just think if those beagles would have got on that/those deer a little sooner! They would have ran right to us.You said the owners had to chase them to get them back.I heard them whistling to get the pack back .It sounded  like he   had at least four to  six dogs.That Longbow of yours is a shooter. I enjoyed  shooting it. Beautiful bow.We have to get together with some of your arrows so you can shoot mine. One day we'll spend the day scouting and shooting. We'll get the boys together at the range up there.

Offline bentpole

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #455 on: January 27, 2008, 09:37:00 AM »
Any one else get out?

Offline joe skipp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #456 on: January 27, 2008, 11:49:00 AM »
Stiff Rod...I agree with your PM...we SHOULD START HUNTING ON SUNDAYS...  :readit:    :rolleyes:  

Less hunters in the woods and we can get in the full weekend. I'm sure Scott and Mike would agree. Great idea pal....thats why we put you in charge...always thinking!!!   :thumbsup:  

You Jersey boys should seriously consider making Shawns Bunny Hunt...its tough but its a great time...
"Neal...is this heaven?" "No Piute but we are dam close". Top of the Mtn in Medicine Bow Nat Forest.

Offline **DONOTDELETE**

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #457 on: January 27, 2008, 02:52:00 PM »
if I had the Money I would....

Offline fyrfyter43

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #458 on: January 27, 2008, 04:44:00 PM »
Joe, I was thinking very seriously about making it up to Shawn's bunny hunt, but I just can't pull it off this year. Lee's going to be camping at Valley Forge with Boy Scouts, and I have a funny feeling he's going to want me to go with him.

I am going to plan to make it next year.   :bigsmyl:

Offline bentpole

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #459 on: January 27, 2008, 07:48:00 PM »
Joe that's why I get so many headaches! I would love to make the trip up to Shawns. I love you guys. J.R. just got asked at College  to go to France to study Art for a couple of weeks. Gotta see how much funds I need.Hey us Jersey guys forgot what rabbits look like No rabbits left in Jersey. Got any pictures? Tuff? What tuff? Tuff Tommy P the king of Hamburger Hill.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©