3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: NJ winter bow scouting/ huntng outing pics added  (Read 16211 times)

Offline **DONOTDELETE**

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: NJ winter bow scouting/ huntng outing pics added
« Reply #480 on: February 01, 2008, 08:45:00 AM »
Sure I can use a Ride... I'll  be checking everything... I think we should go in early, around 5 am or so... what do You think?

Offline bentpole

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #481 on: February 01, 2008, 04:24:00 PM »
Sal and Eric. I'm sorry I do have to work tomorrow. I apoligize for any inconvenience. I was working /not working. This morning we got the go ahead. I really want to meet up with you guys down by you. Look up Sweet Water Hollow on the NJ LandTrust Site. I hunted there years back. Bow only. It was a nice piece. That's something to look into also. Hacklebarney State Park is another nice spot. I used to hunt that around Pottersville off 206 North off 287. We WILL get togeter . One more Saturday CORRECT?

Offline **DONOTDELETE**

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #482 on: February 01, 2008, 04:28:00 PM »
2... Ends Feb 16 th

Sweet Water Hollow on the NJ Land Trust Site
I have the paper work for that place... haven't gotten around to scout it...

Offline bentpole

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #483 on: February 01, 2008, 04:37:00 PM »
It would be a good place during the week Sal Just walk the power lines look for runs Left side of the power lines were always better but close to the houses could be productive as well. Good Luck to you and Eric!Let us know how you make out!

Offline Deadbolt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #484 on: February 01, 2008, 04:44:00 PM »
Season down by me closed already but I dont mind LOL.  I worked a 24 12 hours off then a 44 hour shift this week and haven't slept at all LOL I am taking this saturday to rest up and tinker around the house.  May do some scouting sunday with Pat and a little stump shooting.

Offline fyrfyter43

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #485 on: February 01, 2008, 06:43:00 PM »
Do you really think we need to walk in that early? I was thinking if I was at your house around 5:30, we should be good.

I just printed out the paperwork for Sweet Hollow if you want to check that out tomorrow too.

Still no bow...hopefully tomorrow. But I did get a dozen shafts today to keep me busy while I wait.
"In the joy of hunting is intimately woven the love of the great outdoors. The beauty of woods, valleys, mountains, and skies feeds the soul of the sportsman where the quest of game only whets his appetite." ~ Saxton Pope

Offline **DONOTDELETE**

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #486 on: February 01, 2008, 06:52:00 PM »
I said 5 AM if others where coming... Since it is just Us... 5:30 am I'll be ready... stand & pack is ready.. I just sharpened my arrow points...I'll see you at 5:30 AM then Eric... remember how to get here?

Offline fyrfyter43

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #487 on: February 01, 2008, 06:59:00 PM »
I think so. Just keep an eye out for me.

I guess I'll be getting up early to pack, since everything is out in the shed, and it's pouring out.
"In the joy of hunting is intimately woven the love of the great outdoors. The beauty of woods, valleys, mountains, and skies feeds the soul of the sportsman where the quest of game only whets his appetite." ~ Saxton Pope

Offline joe skipp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #488 on: February 01, 2008, 06:59:00 PM »
Gonna pass on the last weekend for me. New job, 2nd shift hours....Good luck to you guys and hope you fellas put some brown down.
"Neal...is this heaven?" "No Piute but we are dam close". Top of the Mtn in Medicine Bow Nat Forest.

Offline **DONOTDELETE**

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #489 on: February 01, 2008, 07:14:00 PM »
eric, you still have my phone #... call if you have to... I'll be up by 4:30 - 5:00 am

Offline fyrfyter43

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #490 on: February 01, 2008, 08:47:00 PM »
Will do.I'll see you in the morning.

I'm gonna send you a PM with my number, since I don't think I ever gave it to you.

Offline **DONOTDELETE**

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #491 on: February 02, 2008, 02:18:00 PM »
Eric & I set out this morning to mild temps with a nice breeze. The light coming over the mountain was out of this world. ( Wish I had my camera ) As the sun started to peek over the mountains the nice breeze turned in to a steady 1 to 2 mph hitting me in the back, not good. I then started to move to the other side of the ridge. I then started to follow a nice rub line. Mean while Eric was still sitting on his tree seat and (He'll have to finish). I walked for a bit then sat down and did it all over again. This went on for about 3 hrs & followed one after another rub line spanning over 200 yards. I found a lot of nice spots. We didn't see any deer, Still a great morning. Around 10:30 - 11:00 am we then went to check out Sweet Hollow Preserve. We only walked one spot of it, but really looks good .. Not because we came up on 3 wood'n stands & 5 metal ladder stands. This area is Bow hunting only.

Next Saturday we are going to check out the other part of Sweet Hollow Preserve. As we where driving around to find the bigger area of the Preserve, we came across 20 hen turkeys walking just off the road in someones wood lot/home.

Like I said it was a Great Day

Offline Deadsmple

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #492 on: February 02, 2008, 07:17:00 PM »
Just got back from spending the afternoon with Larry and his son Andrew. We had a good supply of blunts and judos with us  hoping to stir up some rabbits or squirrels. No shot taken up on Wildcat Ridge but we sure had some fun. Scouted some nice areas along the powerline that I think I'll have to allocate some time to next deer season. Thanks Larry I can't say that enough. I enjoyed your company in the woods and I look forward to hunting over there with you again.
All praise is the Lords

"to get to heaven, turn right and stay straight"

Offline Recurve50LBS

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #493 on: February 02, 2008, 09:08:00 PM »
Hey Vaughn,

Any time you want to come back and hunt with me is ok with me. We enjoyed being out with you today.I think Andrew will sleep like a rock tonight after getting all that good fresh air and doing all that walking. Thank you for making the trip.

We found some interesting areas to try for deer. I can't wait till fall already!
Turkey Creek Longbow
62" 45# @ 28"

Thunder Stick Mag
56" 45# @ 28"

Offline MikeC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #494 on: February 02, 2008, 09:11:00 PM »
Originally posted by Deadsmple:
Just got back from spending the afternoon with Larry and his son Andrew. We had a good supply of blunts and judos with us  hoping to stir up some rabbits or squirrels. No shot taken up on Wildcat Ridge but we sure had some fun. Scouted some nice areas along the powerline that I think I'll have to allocate some time to next deer season. Thanks Larry I can't say that enough. I enjoyed your company in the woods and I look forward to hunting over there with you again.
I was up there in the morning with the .36 flintlock for squirrel, really tough but I managed one.  It was really cold and windy so the squirrels weren't active.  Winter squirrels are spooky in those open woods given all the other animals that try to eat them both on the ground and from the air.

Was the dirt road closed due to ice when you guys got there?  Was this morning but I went around the barrier, road was a sheet of ice and most of the trees had a nice coating of ice on them.
1 Corinthians 1:18

For the word of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us who are saved it is the power of God.

Offline bentpole

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #495 on: February 02, 2008, 10:22:00 PM »
Glad you folks had a great day. It isn't about killin' is it? GO GIANTS!!!!!!!

Offline **DONOTDELETE**

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #496 on: February 02, 2008, 10:55:00 PM »
Killing is something you choice to do at times... Go New England ... Because My Eagles didn't make it...

Offline Recurve50LBS

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #497 on: February 03, 2008, 01:42:00 PM »
Mike the barrier was up but we drove around it like you did. We walked several areas but saw no squirrels. Glad you got one with your smoke pole. Your right Tom, it isn't about killin. Mostly enjoying the outdoors with your family and friends.

Come on Sal you could at least root for the NFC Team......Go Giants !!!!!!!
Turkey Creek Longbow
62" 45# @ 28"

Thunder Stick Mag
56" 45# @ 28"

Offline **DONOTDELETE**

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #498 on: February 03, 2008, 02:02:00 PM »
I can't stand NYG,Dallas or Washington... the onlt time I'll pull for one of those teams is when the play one of the others that has a better win/lose.

Offline MikeC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #499 on: February 03, 2008, 03:34:00 PM »
Larry,

Not sure where you guys walked but I walked past the powerlines and off to the left a bit all down hill where I came upon a swampy area with small boulders all over the place and two little creeks run.  Posted signs and a house up on top of a hill.  Looks like a great spot to hunt deer but the drag out would be nearly impossible for all except maybe Mr. America.  

What time did you get there?  I was back at my truck around 10:00.
1 Corinthians 1:18

For the word of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us who are saved it is the power of God.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©