3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: NJ winter bow scouting/ huntng outing pics added  (Read 16208 times)

Offline fyrfyter43

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: NJ winter bow scouting/ huntng outing pics added
« Reply #520 on: February 08, 2008, 11:24:00 AM »
I just found out I have to drop Lee off for Scouts at 6 tomorrow morning. It's just a couple miles up the road, so I can be back home by 10 after.
"In the joy of hunting is intimately woven the love of the great outdoors. The beauty of woods, valleys, mountains, and skies feeds the soul of the sportsman where the quest of game only whets his appetite." ~ Saxton Pope

Offline **DONOTDELETE**

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #521 on: February 08, 2008, 07:23:00 PM »
My car died on me.... I think the starter went out... Eric if I can get a ride, I'll be able to join you both.. If not have fun & good luck.

Offline bentpole

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #522 on: February 08, 2008, 07:31:00 PM »
Eric I sent you a PM

Offline fyrfyter43

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #523 on: February 08, 2008, 08:56:00 PM »
Tom, it must have gone to my work email. I sent you one from home.
"In the joy of hunting is intimately woven the love of the great outdoors. The beauty of woods, valleys, mountains, and skies feeds the soul of the sportsman where the quest of game only whets his appetite." ~ Saxton Pope

Offline fyrfyter43

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #524 on: February 08, 2008, 08:57:00 PM »
Sal, no problem. I'll pick you up right after I drop Lee off - say about 6:15 or so.

Offline **DONOTDELETE**

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #525 on: February 08, 2008, 11:01:00 PM »
Kool, I'll be ready

Offline **DONOTDELETE**

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #526 on: February 09, 2008, 04:18:00 PM »
Well had a great time with Eric & Tom... we hit the spot about 7:00 +/- and after we did some nice BS'ing... We hit the woods. We had a nice snow fall around 8 am or so. As this was going on, Tom had about a dozen or so deer come in to his area... No deer Down, but we shoot the snot out of a dead fall... Tom, had us shooting his carbons and I think Eric will be getting some soon. These carbons flow great from my bow too, I might get some and try... till then I sure do love my ash arrows.... Lots of great sign in this spot. Looks good for next fall... I'll be trying to get back out there this coming week... Eric, Tom ( if he can get off ) & I are planning to do another Saturday hunt there....

Tom, it was great shooting that nice bow of Ours & them fake woodies ( Carbon arrows ) They did fly great from my shrew. Thanx... Hopefully we can hunt again next Saturday..."THE SEASONS END HUNT....Winter Bow 08"

Offline fyrfyter43

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #527 on: February 09, 2008, 04:46:00 PM »
Sal, don't forget the deer we saw while we were BSing.

I already sent an email to John at Sipsey River about those carbons.

Offline bentpole

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #528 on: February 09, 2008, 05:52:00 PM »
Sal and Eric if I don't have to work for sure next Saturday! Bucky said NOPE he's done. I'll see you guys tomorrow at PVA>>>-----> That first deer had your name on it Sal! Wasn't much left of that log was there????Too many eyes on me only needed another 10 yards or so before that other big doe picked my movement up.

Offline **DONOTDELETE**

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #529 on: February 09, 2008, 05:59:00 PM »
Tom, Hopefully one of us 3 can get one next Saturday...

Offline bentpole

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #530 on: February 09, 2008, 06:04:00 PM »
We know they're there Sal!!! Did you and Eric hunt the evening? It's amazing how close you guys are to that piece of property!

Offline **DONOTDELETE**

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #531 on: February 09, 2008, 06:16:00 PM »
Nope I nad to work on my car.... I got under there and saw a broken wire.... fixed in no time...If You look on a map, You'll see 519 & bellis Rd.... I'm around the corner & Eric is just down the street...

Offline fyrfyter43

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #532 on: February 09, 2008, 06:59:00 PM »
Tom, you went right past my house on your way to 78.

I think I have a new "go-to" spot for the fall. I think by then I'll have a new climber so I can get up off the ground and maybe see some of these deer. Those deer had to pass within 60-80 yards of me, but I didn't see a thing.

Offline fyrfyter43

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #533 on: February 09, 2008, 07:01:00 PM »
I didn't get back out this afternoon either. Boy scouts didn't give us any idea when they were going to be back, so I waited for Lee to get home. I was going to take a run out to Cabelas, but I ended up waiting all afternoon...Lee just got home about 15 minutes ago.

Offline bentpole

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #534 on: February 10, 2008, 09:00:00 AM »
Well Eric, You know what tree to climb don't you! LOL!Yep # 147?

Offline **DONOTDELETE**

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #535 on: February 10, 2008, 09:04:00 AM »
Tom, That's tree # 1147... You forgot about the other 1000 tree's in front of that 147th tree...

Offline bentpole

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #536 on: February 11, 2008, 03:13:00 PM »
No Sal, Eric's  House number

Offline **DONOTDELETE**

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #537 on: February 11, 2008, 04:29:00 PM »
lol... sorry...

Offline bentpole

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #538 on: February 11, 2008, 05:53:00 PM »
yOU soooo fUNNY sAL

Offline fyrfyter43

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #539 on: February 13, 2008, 07:46:00 PM »
Boy do I have alot of catching up to do. I just got back on here for the first time since Saturday!

Tom, yep it's #147.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©