3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: NJ winter bow scouting/ huntng outing pics added  (Read 16203 times)

Offline Deadbolt

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: NJ winter bow scouting/ huntng outing pics added
« Reply #560 on: February 15, 2008, 08:55:00 PM »
edit...

just me and you tomorrow sal ill see ya at 5am my bro just backed out!

Offline pdk25

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #561 on: February 15, 2008, 08:58:00 PM »
I'll be there if I can.  Depends on what happens on call.  Since I will only get there around shooting light I'll try to be as quiet getting in as I can so as not to mess it up for you guys.  Any suggestions on how to avoid where you guys will be standing?

Offline **DONOTDELETE**

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #562 on: February 15, 2008, 08:58:00 PM »
5-10 minutes away...just down the hill...

Offline **DONOTDELETE**

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #563 on: February 15, 2008, 09:02:00 PM »
walk straight in... pass the power line/Gas line trail in to the woods.... I have Tom & bro walk down a few yards....follow the trail we make and I'll give a mark for you to go in.

Offline pdk25

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #564 on: February 15, 2008, 09:04:00 PM »
sounds good.

Offline pdk25

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #565 on: February 15, 2008, 09:11:00 PM »
gotta sign out for now.  duty calls.  Tom, I'll probably call you shortly after I get on the road if I can come.

Offline Deadbolt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #566 on: February 15, 2008, 09:12:00 PM »
yea man give me a shout if i dont pick up we may be in the woods or walking in go ahead and text me.

sal sounds good buddy ill see ya in the morning time to get a few hours of sleep.

Offline fyrfyter43

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #567 on: February 15, 2008, 09:13:00 PM »
Sal, why don't you have Pat take that ladder stand just off the road?

I can give you a ride home.
"In the joy of hunting is intimately woven the love of the great outdoors. The beauty of woods, valleys, mountains, and skies feeds the soul of the sportsman where the quest of game only whets his appetite." ~ Saxton Pope

Offline Deadbolt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #568 on: February 15, 2008, 09:15:00 PM »
do i need a harness or we huntin from the ground?

Offline southpawshooter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #569 on: February 15, 2008, 10:16:00 PM »
Good Luck boys!!!!

Joe, Mike, and myself are heading to NYS for the Joan Leonard Memorial Bunny Hunt.

Don't be shy now, get some wood in the air!!!!!!!!
Scott F >>--->   @

"if the wood don't fly the bunny don't die" - Stone Knife, JLMBH 2008

Proud member of Team Pink

Offline **DONOTDELETE**

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #570 on: February 16, 2008, 12:33:00 AM »
Eric, if Pat walks in past the ladder stand I was in, He might kick up a deer to someone else.. Also the owner of that stand could be hunting for the last day...

Tom, bring Your stands.... Might be better to get up high & hunt/scout....

Offline bentpole

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #571 on: February 16, 2008, 07:31:00 AM »
You folks have a great day. The weather looks good. Good Luck!!!I'll be waiting for the reports men!I'm off to take care of some prior obligations.Enjoy the day!

Offline **DONOTDELETE**

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #572 on: February 16, 2008, 12:44:00 PM »
Well it was just Tom (deadpole) & Myself for the early morning... We got to the parking spot and heard some deer walking in the woods... I told Tom to set under the power pole/tower since He was hunting from the ground & went in the woods with my climber... We had a hot air balloon fly over head not long after Sun Rise... It was a great morning the temp was nice & chili... Around 8:30 am or so I saw 4 or 5 deer moving in the thick stuff about 100 yards away.

Around 10:45 - 11:00 am Eric showed up & Tom had to go since he's going to the TANJ/ubnj Game Dinner w/Guess Speaker Mr. Fred Eichler... Bummer I had to miss this chance to Meet Him. This is a Person among some other members from TradGang I really do Respect & Admire.

About 2:15 - 2:30 pm Eric & I are going back out to do a evening hunt.... What a way to End the Season... I do have my camcorder with me, I hope one of Us get something ( Just a plus ) to take some pic's of... More to Come....

Offline Deadbolt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #573 on: February 16, 2008, 12:59:00 PM »
had a good time sal next year ill bring one of my loc ons and we can get a few hunts in them woods.

Offline bentpole

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #574 on: February 16, 2008, 03:27:00 PM »
I'll check back when Eric and Sal get out of the woods.

Offline Recurve50LBS

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #575 on: February 16, 2008, 04:11:00 PM »
Hey any of you guys want to turkey hunt together this spring? This could be pretty fun. Besides it's something I've never tried.
Larry
Turkey Creek Longbow
62" 45# @ 28"

Thunder Stick Mag
56" 45# @ 28"

Offline bentpole

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #576 on: February 16, 2008, 07:21:00 PM »
Did you guys get lost!!??

Offline **DONOTDELETE**

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #577 on: February 16, 2008, 08:18:00 PM »
Sorry...Ground hunted this Afternoon. Got out there around 2:30 pm, The weather was great.. I sat under a power tower, I was about  80 yards from where Tom hunted this morning.

Eric, went the other way to a tower the other way from Tom's spot... As I was waiting for something to walk by I took some pic's.

First Light

AfterNoon

Evening Look what's OUT....

End of Season.... Fair well to The Kings

Around 4:30 pm, I heard something walking on the icy snow. I'm trying to get ready and have my camera set... when I look to my right, I see a deer 5-10 yards away walking away from me in the thick Willows, No shot was giving. After that deer walks out of sight, about a half hour or so I hear a deer huffing & beating it's foot at me... It sounded like the deer was about 5 yards behind me. Right at last Light the wind stopped, It got nice & Quite..... A heavy sorrow came over me, It's time to End  another season... Right as The light ended, A lone yote howled... Fair well to the kings... fair well to the season....

Larry, I want to Turkey hunt and film it... This will be my second try at them... if I get the permit.

Offline fyrfyter43

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #578 on: February 16, 2008, 08:22:00 PM »
We both sat along the power lines tonight. I was down along the edge of that field where we saw the portable stand last weekend. Sal was about 2 towers away. About 1/2 hour before dark, I heard probably 5-6 deer come through behind me, on the other side of some thick brush. Since they went by directly downwind, I knew they wouldn't come any closer. Then just as it was getting dark, a coyote started howling down in the creek bottom.

At that point, I called it a night. I hiked back to the spot where we were planning to meet. Sal was there waiting for me. It turns out he had a couple of close encounters, including a doe that snuck up behind him and blew in his ear. I'll have to let Sal finish telling the story.
"In the joy of hunting is intimately woven the love of the great outdoors. The beauty of woods, valleys, mountains, and skies feeds the soul of the sportsman where the quest of game only whets his appetite." ~ Saxton Pope

Offline **DONOTDELETE**

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #579 on: February 16, 2008, 09:19:00 PM »
Wow... Time delay  :banghead:

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©