3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: NJ winter bow scouting/ huntng outing pics added  (Read 16161 times)

Offline Recurve50LBS

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: NJ winter bow scouting/ huntng outing pics added
« Reply #60 on: January 02, 2008, 04:28:00 PM »
Tom have your wife's cousins meet you for dinner at the Walpack Inn. That way you can meet them after hunting all day. If you bring a fresh set of clothes maybe one of the local Trad Guys might let you use their house to change your clothes.   :knothead:  Anyone willing to lend old buddy Tom a place to change clothes?
By the way, what time are we meeting for breakfast at Jumbo Land? Is it 5, 5:30, or 6?

Larry
Turkey Creek Longbow
62" 45# @ 28"

Thunder Stick Mag
56" 45# @ 28"

Offline lodestar

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #61 on: January 02, 2008, 05:07:00 PM »
Hey deadsmple, I was just camping up on the federal property saturday into sunday with my brother and son. We camp just south of rattlesnake mountain by the beaver pond. You know were I'm speaking of? I'm always up there sneaking round with bow in hand....One of my favorite spots to escape the rat race down here.... Jason

Offline fyrfyter43

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #62 on: January 02, 2008, 05:24:00 PM »
If memory serves, deadsmple and lodestar are both pretty close to my uncle's farm. I haven't been there in 25-30 years, but it is right in that area.

I'll find out soon enough, as I'm hoping to hunt there next year.
"In the joy of hunting is intimately woven the love of the great outdoors. The beauty of woods, valleys, mountains, and skies feeds the soul of the sportsman where the quest of game only whets his appetite." ~ Saxton Pope

Offline fyrfyter43

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #63 on: January 02, 2008, 05:37:00 PM »
Curiosity got the best of me. I called my mother and asked her. My uncle's place is a couple miles farther north - up around Layton.
"In the joy of hunting is intimately woven the love of the great outdoors. The beauty of woods, valleys, mountains, and skies feeds the soul of the sportsman where the quest of game only whets his appetite." ~ Saxton Pope

Offline Sharpster

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #64 on: January 02, 2008, 06:01:00 PM »
Jason,
glad to see your going to hunt with the guys.

Eric, Is your familly's farm Russ Spinks' place?!!!

Russ is an old familly friend and his farm adjoins some of the land we're hunting. Any chance that you could get the guys permission to hunt the farm?

-Ron
“We choose to do these things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard” — JFK

www.kmesharp.com

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline joe skipp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #65 on: January 02, 2008, 06:35:00 PM »
I'm leaving work early Friday to buy me license. Its roughly 80 minutes from my home to the Flatbrook.

Thanks to my buddy Scott, I'm spending the night at his place so I can gain that extra hour sleep.
Really looking forward to Saturday, broke out the snow camo, backquiver...just made up some new 2117's Super Slams and mounted the original Schulz broadheads on them.

Will be hunting with my Mikuta longbow and have my Kempf Steatlth as a backup. I'm hoping the weather warms alittle to soften the snow and make "driving" a little easier on the knees. Can't wait to meet everyone, this should be a fun time. Bring the cameras!
"Neal...is this heaven?" "No Piute but we are dam close". Top of the Mtn in Medicine Bow Nat Forest.

Offline Jerry Jeffer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #66 on: January 02, 2008, 06:55:00 PM »
I'm getting stoked! I'm finally gonna hunt and meet with a nice size crew of the tradgang! I didn't think this one was gonna happen for me, but as long as I get my back tag tomorrow, I'm there. Vaughn old buddy, you know I'll be at your place plenty early.
I will give thanks to the LORD because of his righteousness and will sing praise to the name of the LORD Most High.

Offline lodestar

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #67 on: January 02, 2008, 07:07:00 PM »
Hey guys just a heads up, the ice on the ground down in that area is pretty heavy and maybe a set of creepers may be the order of the day if walking is to be done..Jason

Offline fyrfyter43

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #68 on: January 02, 2008, 08:19:00 PM »
Originally posted by Sharpster:
Eric, Is your familly's farm Russ Spinks' place?!!!

Russ is an old familly friend and his farm adjoins some of the land we're hunting. Any chance that you could get the guys permission to hunt the farm?

-Ron
Yep, Russ is my grandfather's brother.

I'm trying to make it up for Saturday, even though my new bow isn't here yet.

I will see if I can call Russ about hunting his place Saturday. It might be a little late in the game to work it out now. But if I can't work it out, I'll definitely talk to him about it for next year.

Offline lodestar

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #69 on: January 02, 2008, 08:23:00 PM »
Ron, Are you going to be out doing some hunting on saturday?

Just got back from my bowyers house had to go check out the new bow I ordered last thursday. Its almost done maybe I'll be toting the new wood around on saturday. Shes a real bueaty tulip, rosewood, cherry and black and white phenolic radius cut riser. Keeping my fingers crossed......... Jason

Offline Sharpster

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #70 on: January 02, 2008, 08:49:00 PM »
Jason,
Unfortunately I won't be able to hunt Saturday because we're leaving Moday AM for the ATA show in Indy. I have about a months worth of work to do in the next four days. I would like to meet everyone for breakfast though.

Eric,
Did you ever come up to Russ' place for the old Centerville Rod and Gun club clam bakes? He hasn't had one in at least 20 years but, man! those were some great PowWows! I knew and worked for Russ' best friend, Jack Decker (passed this year)and my step-dad was Bruce "Bruno" Fulkrod (also passed) from Dave's Bar and Grill in downtown Branchville. He was another good friend of Russ'. I don't know Russ that well myself cause I was just a kid taggin along with the old man at the time. Russ is a very well known and well respected Sussex County good ol boy.

-Ron
“We choose to do these things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard” — JFK

www.kmesharp.com

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline southpawshooter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #71 on: January 02, 2008, 09:21:00 PM »
:archer:     :goldtooth:
Scott F >>--->   @

"if the wood don't fly the bunny don't die" - Stone Knife, JLMBH 2008

Proud member of Team Pink

Offline Recurve50LBS

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #72 on: January 02, 2008, 10:09:00 PM »
Maybe we can meet at 6, have breakfast and give the deer some time to move from feeding areas to their bedding areas. That way no one will have to stumble around in unfamilliar woods in the dark. Another reason is if we start into the woods too early we will bump deer all over to map before they settle into their beds.It gets light around 7.
Reiner and I will be there. He is a Trad guy that used to be here on Trad Gang till his computer crashed. My other friend hasn't gotten back to me so I guess he's not going. I just got home from Reiner's home and he is stoked for this outting. I am stoked too and can't wait to have some fun with all you guys.
But seriously lets get a meeting time settled. I vote for 6AM.

Larry
Turkey Creek Longbow
62" 45# @ 28"

Thunder Stick Mag
56" 45# @ 28"

Offline southpawshooter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #73 on: January 02, 2008, 10:14:00 PM »
6:00AM is fine with me............
Scott F >>--->   @

"if the wood don't fly the bunny don't die" - Stone Knife, JLMBH 2008

Proud member of Team Pink

Offline Recurve50LBS

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #74 on: January 02, 2008, 10:34:00 PM »
Thank you Scott. Looking forward to seeing you Sat.

Larry
Turkey Creek Longbow
62" 45# @ 28"

Thunder Stick Mag
56" 45# @ 28"

Offline **DONOTDELETE**

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #75 on: January 02, 2008, 11:05:00 PM »
well it looks like I wont make it... my car not running good at all.

Offline nontypical

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #76 on: January 02, 2008, 11:51:00 PM »
6AM sounds good to me to   :thumbsup:   Eat and head out for some fun   :campfire:   See you guys at 6.Sorry to hear that Sal,maybe on our next hunt

PETE
BLACK WIDOWS
MORRISON ILF
TITAN/CENTAUR
BLACK MAGIC/CENTUAR
BOB LEES
BIG CHEVYS

Offline Recurve50LBS

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #77 on: January 03, 2008, 05:55:00 AM »
Hey Sal,

I was looking forward to meeting you. I feel bad beacause you helped us to get this thing started.

Larry
Turkey Creek Longbow
62" 45# @ 28"

Thunder Stick Mag
56" 45# @ 28"

Offline Recurve50LBS

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #78 on: January 03, 2008, 06:18:00 AM »
Just a thought here. If you guys have any of those radios bring them cause it will help organize the beginning and ends of the drives we are doing.
Larry
Turkey Creek Longbow
62" 45# @ 28"

Thunder Stick Mag
56" 45# @ 28"

Offline Jerry Jeffer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #79 on: January 03, 2008, 07:47:00 AM »
I have 2 motorola radios. Deer will be feeding as much as possible if this cold keeps up. I did see that Sat should be a little warmer though. Doesn't matter what time we meet for me, I'm just happy to meet every one and have a good day together.
I will give thanks to the LORD because of his righteousness and will sing praise to the name of the LORD Most High.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©