3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: ***Daily Hunt Pics 2004***  (Read 29378 times)

Offline Glenn Newell

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: ***Daily Hunt Pics 2004***
« Reply #180 on: October 18, 2004, 06:31:00 PM »
Having a go at posting a picture. This photo is of a couple of Eastern Grey Kangaroos that came down to drink at a billabong while my mate and I were having some smoko between hunting sessions. The kangaroo stood six foot tall...Glenn...  

Offline Doug Campbell

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #181 on: October 18, 2004, 07:31:00 PM »
Coolll Glenn!! Are those things legal to hunt?
Life is wonderful in Montana!!
"BEING CHALLENGED IN LIFE IS INEVITABLE. BEING DEFEATED IS OPTIONAL."
ABS Journeyman Knifesmith

Offline Glenn Newell

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #182 on: October 18, 2004, 08:54:00 PM »
We can't hunt any kangaroos in Australia Doug. We were on a pig hunt up in Cape York and usually we don't see a lot of kangaroos in this area because of the large numbers of dingos, kangaroos and wallabies are the dingos maim food, and they keep their numbers down fairly well...Glenn...

Offline Al Kidner

• Trad Bowhunter
    • Pathfinder Outdoors
« Reply #183 on: October 19, 2004, 04:09:00 AM »
Again Doug nice pic. Hey Glenn you have to tell me how you did the posting pic? I'm a bit lost!

Regards Alan.
"No citizen has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever Seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable." Socrates.

Offline Joseph

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #184 on: October 19, 2004, 04:15:00 AM »
Alan, there was thread that had instructions on how to post a picture.  It was at hte top for a long time but I don't know where it is now.  If you can find it they were good instructions.  :wavey:  Joseph
"Politicians are like diapers, they need to be changed often and for the same reason"

Offline Glenn Newell

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #185 on: October 19, 2004, 07:32:00 AM »
Stalking a few pigs in the Australian bush.

Offline IndianaBowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #186 on: October 19, 2004, 08:43:00 AM »
Dang Glenn, them pigs ain't real spooky are they!  Either that or you are one stealthy guy! I hope the shot was good!  More Alaska photos.

Offline SteveMcD

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #187 on: October 19, 2004, 10:11:00 AM »
Monday.. was my first day out for the early Archery Season here in Southern New York. Weather was mild and breezy with lot's of sun (you can interpret that as little deer movement!). Seen several does, nothing to shoot or present a shot though. It's early yet.. come the end of the month and the rut starts kicking in! It was great to be out. Hard to believe another year is now here! Autumn is great! It's color! It's weather! It's deer hunting season!
Someday you and I will take the Great Hart by our own skill alone, and with an arrow. And then the Little Gods of the Woods will chuckle and rub their hands and say, "Look, Brothers. An Archer! The Old Times are not altogether gone!"

Offline Bear

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #188 on: October 19, 2004, 01:29:00 PM »
Heres where they come out every day (except this day!!)Had a perfect wind, usually you can set your watch by it. Dont know what happend.

Twin Oaks Bowhunters
PBS Associate Member
Traditional Bowhunters of Tennessee

"just remember, you can't put the wood back on"

Offline Bear

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #189 on: October 19, 2004, 01:38:00 PM »
"These are a Few of My Favorite Things"

Twin Oaks Bowhunters
PBS Associate Member

Offline Traxx

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #190 on: October 19, 2004, 06:07:00 PM »
Bear,
Nice arrows.Who made the bow?
Target archery is seeing how far away you can get and still hit the bull's eye. Bowhunting is seeing how close you can get and never miss your mark.

Offline Bear

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #191 on: October 19, 2004, 07:49:00 PM »
Thanks! First attempt at splicing. Bow is a Checkmate Falcon. Best for the money, hands down.

The pic makes my crown length look uneven, but its just the way they are in the quiver.

And that Coleman stove is the same one my Dad had with us on our first hunting trips 20 years ago.

Love this thread!!!
Twin Oaks Bowhunters
PBS Associate Member

Offline Meathook

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #192 on: October 19, 2004, 10:48:00 PM »
Here are a couple.

This was taken October 15th on my way home form work I was wishing I was hunting.

This was me in the stand on Saturday afternoon.

Here is a little video don't download it if you don't have a fast internet connection and good eyes its just not worth it  :) . I took it with my digital camera and the light was very poor and the deer too far for that little camera.  You can just see a little fork horn that came in Sunday afternoon left of center he walks in then out to the field.  

Small buck (750K)
"Go ahead and run ya gotta sleep sometime." - Meathook's Mom

Offline Glenn Newell

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #193 on: October 19, 2004, 11:43:00 PM »
Photo of a young mickey bull (scrub cattle or wild cattle) I almost walked into looking for pigs along a creek...Glenn...

Offline Warren H. Womack

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #194 on: October 20, 2004, 12:44:00 AM »

Pictured above are the hunters, at the Bullock County Bowhunt II - 2004

Top Row: Scott Emerson, Russ Dickson, Al Snow & Ronnie Frith

Bottom Row: Allen Crockett, Joey Ward, Johnny Gottler & Warren Womack

During the 3 day hunt we were able to take 4 deer and had a great time doing it. Good weather, great food, a perfect campfire and the best conversation. A fun time for all. I'm already looking forward to next year.

Warren
>>>==Warren==>>>

Offline Brian Halbleib

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #195 on: October 21, 2004, 06:54:00 AM »
My buddy Doug Schlabaugh invited me to hunt one of his properties in Hancock County, WV. I did the paperwork for my license on-line and printed it out a few minutes later then left my home in SW Pennsylvania and drove the 30 minutes to the panhandle of WV.

I was settled in by 4 PM and saw deer almost immediately. Just before dark this doe walked by and I released when she passed an opening at 10 yards.

I whistled for Doug after dark but he never came...he shot a doe about an hour earlier. A DOUBLE! I didn't have my digital camera so I took this pic at home. Doug has the pic of both deer on his film camera, I hope.

No camo, no cables...no problem   :D  

-Brian

Offline Thunder

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #196 on: October 21, 2004, 02:19:00 PM »
Brian, Doug's a great guy !  Tell him Bill said hi, and hope all is well with him.

Show him this pic if you can...it's "ol' number 3" from one of his ex-properties....I've got pics of the two that are bigger, but I don't wanna freak him out.  :D   Had this one at 35 yards yesterday morning....just a liiiiittttllleee bit closer......

Offline Brian Halbleib

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #197 on: October 21, 2004, 09:16:00 PM »
I'll do that Bill. I e-mailed him a link to this page.

-Brian

Offline Glenn Newell

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #198 on: October 24, 2004, 12:54:00 AM »
A snap shot of Cape York Pennisular. Good pig country. In this paart of the Cape the country is very hard and dry, you will often see kangaroos with a full pouch but a lot of them are not carrying their joeys they have to carry a billy of water and a cut lunch just to get across some of these paddocks...Glenn...

Offline Al Kidner

• Trad Bowhunter
    • Pathfinder Outdoors
« Reply #199 on: October 24, 2004, 04:33:00 AM »
LOL Glenn, I'm sure thats more like Drop Bear country !!  :help:
"No citizen has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever Seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable." Socrates.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©