3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: ***Daily Hunt Pics 2004***  (Read 29361 times)

Offline Jason Lester

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: ***Daily Hunt Pics 2004***
« Reply #320 on: November 08, 2004, 10:55:00 AM »
I posted this pic in another post but its fits here well.  

My bow is 62 NTN for a reference.  

I'd like to see him.
Jason Lester

Offline Chris

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #321 on: November 08, 2004, 01:40:00 PM »
Well, I had a BIG, BIG, BIG eight pointer at 25 yards Saturday afternoon. I stopped him with a couple of bleats, but it was too open under me and he knew there weren't any deer there. He stood watching for a good 3 minutes before turning. Biggest bodied deer I've ever seen in the woods and his rack had great mass.

I decided to go look for hogs Sunday morning and 5 minutes after hitting the swamp, I saw a group of small boars. Circled downwind and shot the biggest one (75 pounder) as he crossed by me in the palmettos at 12 feet. I guess he was the consolation prize for not getting the buck.

Here's a link to some other pictures I have from my trip to BlackBeard Island off the coast of Georgia a couple of weeks ago.

http://photobucket.com/albums/v136/wardcj/BlackBeard%20Island%202004/

Chris
For some, hunting is a pleasant way to spend a fall afternoon, for others it is who they are.

Offline Jock

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #322 on: November 08, 2004, 01:51:00 PM »
Chris.
That's not a bad "consolation" bud.
Well Done!!

Snailskin,
First class picture, this is a great thread,BTW!!

Offline Warren H. Womack

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #323 on: November 08, 2004, 02:45:00 PM »
Chris, I really enjoyed viewing your Black Beard Island pictures. Thanks for making them availabe.

Nice hog, 12 foot shot, that's what I call up close and personal.

Warren
>>>==Warren==>>>

Offline Chris

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #324 on: November 08, 2004, 05:27:00 PM »
Thanks Warren,
BlackBeard Island is the longest running Federal Bowhunt in the Nation. This was my first year and we had a blast. We plan to make it an annual trip. Everyone in our group had shots, four out of the five had multiple shots. Can't ask for much more than that on a bowhunt.

By the way, I really enjoyed your video and the hunting notes on your site. I've been "Field Quartering" for a couple of years now and can't imagine dragging one out anymore.

chris
For some, hunting is a pleasant way to spend a fall afternoon, for others it is who they are.

Offline Warren H. Womack

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #325 on: November 08, 2004, 06:28:00 PM »
Chris, I'm glad to hear that you were satisfied with the video. Yea, I don't drag deer. To fast & easy to fieldquarter and pack.

Years ago, probably in the early 70's, I read an article in a magazine about at hunt at Black Beard Island. One of the hunters on that hunt took, what I remember to be, his 36th deer with a bow. At the time, that many bowkills was unheard of. I was really impressed with the article and have always been interested in the island.

Once again, I really enjoyed the pictures that you took.

Thank You

Warren
>>>==Warren==>>>

Offline Ontario Longbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #326 on: November 08, 2004, 06:54:00 PM »
My hunting partnet Theo Reichart and I just got back from our annual New York State bowhunt (Catskills), I took this doe at 7 yards and Theo shot his buck at 8, on our last day Theo also took a small doe on our DMP permit. I love New York !!! [/IMG]  [/IMG]
Black Coffee, Red Wine, Blue Waters, Green fields, Yellow sunsets,Whitetailed Deer,, All the Primary colors of Life ,,,.
I don't choose the deer, the deer chooses me.

Offline Ontario Longbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #327 on: November 08, 2004, 06:59:00 PM »

Black Coffee, Red Wine, Blue Waters, Green fields, Yellow sunsets,Whitetailed Deer,, All the Primary colors of Life ,,,.
I don't choose the deer, the deer chooses me.

Offline FilmGuy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #328 on: November 08, 2004, 07:04:00 PM »
Congrats Ontario Longbow. Where abouts are you from in Ontario?

Offline Steve Humphrey

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #329 on: November 08, 2004, 09:33:00 PM »
I haven't been posting much so I thought this was a good opportunity. I really enjoy seeing what you all see from day to day so here I go.

Early Sunday morning.

A little guy in persuit.

This one came along about 10:30 Sunday morning. I saw a larger buck earlier in the day and decided to hold out and not take the shot on this one. He was 8-yards and didn't have a clue I was even around. Check out the shadow behind him.

Hope I don't regret this one latter.

Good Luck and hunt safe. Steve
We have made a start in discovering the meaning of human life when we plant shade trees under which we know full well we will never sit. - D. Elton Trueblood

Offline gregg dudley

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #330 on: November 08, 2004, 09:52:00 PM »
Steve, the picture with the shadow is very cool!
MOLON LABE

Traditional Bowhunters Of Florida
Come shoot with us!

Offline Bear

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #331 on: November 08, 2004, 10:18:00 PM »
Now that is a cool picture!!
Twin Oaks Bowhunters
PBS Associate Member
Traditional Bowhunters of Tennessee

"just remember, you can't put the wood back on"

Offline Glenn Newell

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #332 on: November 09, 2004, 06:06:00 AM »
I like the photo of the shadow of the tree stand and hunter also, that's a good picture...Glenn...

Offline Negissimo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #333 on: November 09, 2004, 12:42:00 PM »
Wow! That shadow is awesome! Great pictures
>>--->

Offline Warren H. Womack

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #334 on: November 10, 2004, 04:37:00 PM »
Since this is my favorite thread and it's getting close to going to page 2, I thought I would find something to post.

This is a deer that I killed on this day, 30 years ago. Yep, it was my 15th bowkill and it was on November 10, 1974.

I was able to close the distance to 35 yards for a shot at 10:25. The hit was less than perfect but very leathal. The deer only traveled 60 yard.

My bow was a 58", 55 pound, Browning Explorer. Back then I didn't know any better and was using sight pins.

Ain't old pictures great?

Warren

>>>==Warren==>>>

Offline cajunbowhntr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #335 on: November 10, 2004, 04:49:00 PM »
Hey Warren looks like you sill got the same hat  :)  If it only that hat could talk,I bet it could tell some stories  :)  

CB
"Forget your lust for the rich mans gold all that you need is in your soul...Find a woman and you'll find love and don't forget son,there is someone up above...Ronnie Van Zant "simple man"

Offline Ralph Renfro

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #336 on: November 10, 2004, 07:57:00 PM »
On Monday I took this doe. However, my camera batteries were low and I couldn't take a picture in the woods. So here's the gamepole pic. I was shooting an Osage Selfbow that I made from a stave that I traded for at Mojam two years ago. The stave's owner was Mickey Miller of Dallas. So I named the bow MickeyMouse, kind of a skinny sliver type bow. Rivercane arrow. Magnus Head. Traveled 30 yards after the hit. FD 128# Ralph  
Building Bows Is Only Half The Fun, The Other Half Is Passing That Knowledge On!

Offline Al Kidner

• Trad Bowhunter
    • Pathfinder Outdoors
« Reply #337 on: November 11, 2004, 01:49:00 AM »
I'm going to try and post this pic of my son Samuel doing a bit of trick shooting.He is 5 years in this pic.

Enjoy your youngens while you can.

Alan in Oz.
"No citizen has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever Seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable." Socrates.

Offline Al Kidner

• Trad Bowhunter
    • Pathfinder Outdoors
« Reply #338 on: November 11, 2004, 01:50:00 AM »
Well lookie there...... It works!
"No citizen has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever Seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable." Socrates.

Offline Al Kidner

• Trad Bowhunter
    • Pathfinder Outdoors
« Reply #339 on: November 11, 2004, 01:53:00 AM »
An another of a little ray hunten.

You have to keep your eyes open for swimming handbags when stalking these rays on foot!  :eek:

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©